Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Favourite non-sport Societies Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone

Im just coming into my second year at Uni of Manchester. Annoyingly, at the start of my first year I injured my leg, so wasn't able to join any of the sports societies that I would have liked to. This combined with the fact that my flat mates were pretty wild, and really into clubbing (I've always been a bit more pubbish kind of guy ) meant I never really made a solid group of friends last year.

Can anyone recommend any non-sporting (or at least not lots of running around) societies which they have found particularly fun, and don't revolve around around clubbing?

Keen to hear anyones thoughts

ReputationRep:
    I've loved the Tea Society at my uni. Also the First Aid Group.

ReputationRep:
    Gaming society! They held an event once a week and usually went to a pub afterwards. You should enjoy it :awesome:

Poll
Would you shell out for travel insurance?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.