The Student Room Group

A-levels

As most of you guys being drawed into this, I've finally finished all my GCSEs, but I can't seem to stop worrying about my results and my future at this sixth form I'm not familiar with. Anyways, I'm hoping to do biology, chemistry, maths and psychology, and I was just wandering what you guys are doing and whether you're looking forward to sixth form/college life.

Scroll to see replies

Me too im bored at home and the wait for results day is killing me. I should be studying Chemistry,Physics and Maths. And yeah I am looking forward to the freedom and new start I guess that college will give me, but then again it could be the boredom talking.
Helloo:smile: Im in the exact same position as you but i find that when you worry about results it actually turns out you do well! You can't change anything so i try to forget it! To be honest im actually dreading 6th form because even though im staying on i will not be with people that i know/like. Im hoping to study bio,chem and R.E .Scared about the work load to even with 3 subs.:s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm studying History, Classical Civilisation, Sociology and Eng. Lit. I'm sort of half nervous/half excited for college atm :smile: I'm dreading my results though, even though I doubt I failed anything...
Reply 4
I would like to do Chemistry, Biology, maths and geography. I am nervous for sixth form due to the hard work and all the other stories my sister has told me :frown: I am also more scared for my GCSE results :mad:
Original post by Worms
I'm the only one I know excited for results day. Last year I ran into the room, where as my friend sat outside with unopened envelopes because they were scared (even though they are all more intelligent than me.) I will never understand some people.

:smile: 6 weeks.

I know what you mean, last year, I was like one of the first yr10s to get results, but some people didn't even go in, they were that scared.

And that's scary, 6 weeks seems so close, and I'm full of nerves. I want to do my school proud :no:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One S
Reply 6
I'm also quite looking forward to results day but the wait is just too long. I'm going to study biology, chemistry, maths and physics at sixth form :smile: I love maths so I'm very excited to get back to it :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Gotzz
I love maths so I'm very excited to get back to it :biggrin:

Same, its probably the only subject I'll get an A* in (gcse)
Reply 8
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Same, its probably the only subject I'll get an A* in (gcse)

I already have an A* in it and I did a further maths gcse which I don't know the results for yet :P it was harder but I enjoyed it :smile:
Reply 9
A lot of people thinking just like me.. on some bits.

But yeah, I want my A-Levels to be a completely new start. I want to make new friends, I hated my time at my old school. Hopefully, the college I am going to won't be just the people I knew from my old school.

I'll be taking Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry. Real tough, but I'm going to be revising A LOT.
Original post by Worms
Some of my friends are on holiday this year and don't seem to be bothered.

And I don't necessarily want to do my whole school proud, I just want to schock certain teachers who doubted me. :cool:

It's hard for me because im predicted all A*s & As and the teachers spent a lot of their times helping me revise, so I don't wanna get anything less than a B

Original post by Gotzz
I already have an A* in it and I did a further maths gcse which I don't know the results for yet :P it was harder but I enjoyed it :smile:

Same, I did the exam in November and I was the only one in the year to get it. It was shameful. I would have loved to do further maths GCSE, but we had to start alevel stuff

Reply 11

Same, I did the exam in November and I was the only one in the year to get it. It was shameful. I would have loved to do further maths GCSE, but we had to start alevel stuff

In the November exam I got an A, then in January I got A*, though I was not the only one :redface:
Oh wow you started A level stuff already? That's cool :biggrin:
Although my teacher said that furter maths will be helpful for A level because we covered some stuff that will come up, however we also learned stuff that I will never use again :rolleyes:
Original post by Gotzz
In the November exam I got an A, then in January I got A*, though I was not the only one :redface:
Oh wow you started A level stuff already? That's cool :biggrin:
Although my teacher said that furter maths will be helpful for A level because we covered some stuff that will come up, however we also learned stuff that I will never use again :rolleyes:

But still, maths is maths. It's fun , well fun for me anyways. & highfives for the A* :biggrin: & yeah, I learnt like 5 months worth of C1 , which I've forgotten, so yeahh, but its gonna come back come September

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
But still, maths is maths. It's fun , well fun for me anyways. & highfives for the A* :biggrin: & yeah, I learnt like 5 months works of C1 , which I've forgotten, so yeahh, but its gonna come back come September

I think maths is fun :biggrin: it's great (and rare) when other people agree with me on this :smile:
Ohh wow, well yeah that will be useful :redface:
Original post by Gotzz
I think maths is fun :biggrin: it's great (and rare) when other people agree with me on this :smile:
Ohh wow, well yeah that will be useful :redface:

I know what you mean. Everyone complains about it, I do it for fun. No lie, my maths teacher was telling me about how one of her students took an alevel maths textbook with him over the holidays, and she said I was worse than that , infront of the whole class. Talk about embarrassment

Reply 15
I know what you mean. Everyone complains about it, I do it for fun. No lie, my maths teacher was telling me about how one of her students took an alevel maths textbook with him over the holidays, and she said I was worse than that , infront of the whole class. Talk about embarrassment

Yeah I'm as keen as that :L Oh well! :biggrin:
Original post by Gotzz
Yeah I'm as keen as that :L Oh well! :biggrin:

Ahaa, anyways, good luck with your results :biggrin:

Reply 17
Ahaa, anyways, good luck with your results :biggrin:

You too :smile:
Oh my goodness I am so so bored! I feel like I need to be at school!
Everytime I think of results I feel so nervous and sick :s
I'm going to a new school which will be very scary but the induction went okay, so I feel better now I know people :smile:
i'm taking Geography, French, English Lit and Psychology but I might change French or English Lit to Biology, depending on my results :smile:
Reply 19
Chemistry, maths, further maths and physics here. The next 2 years should be fun!

Quick Reply

Latest