The Student Room Group

What is the Longest Fifa Career mode you've ever had?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alevelsareboring
Yeah Fifa kinda sucks at that, my career mode froze half way through my 12th Season, i had just morphed my Sunderland into a Title Winning team and was top of the league battling with Chelsea when it froze. It would freeze every time i'd want to advance past a certain date. I reloaded all the previous saves of that same season but they were all corrupt. I even started my 12th Season again but playing all the fixtures that i had played before kinda got repetitive so i had to move. I played a full season at Juve and it didn't freeze once so i guess i've fixed it HOPEFULLY.

Yeah the whole scout network doesn't really work that well, in my career there aren't that many stars as in over 80 youth players in the game. I usually look at the top 150 players in my current career mode when i do transfer searches and the best youth player development is 85 for a CB, but there aren't really that many players who reach that level through the whole youth academy scheme. Most of the top 150 are current players like Messi, Neymar, Pato etc.

I kind of abandoned the whole Youth team concept because it's kinda pointless. You can sign the future Thierry Henry at 18 who has a 67 overall and a peak potential of 90 but if you don't play him week in week out he can't fufill it. When you put them on loan they either don't play or no one wants them. So it's kind of pointless if your at a Premier League Club because all your players would be better than your scouted players so they won't play. However, i think if you did assemble a team of 85 + potential youngsters and played it for 10 seasons you would end up with a star studded team i think?

When you got to around your 9th season before the game crashed how good was your team looking were they all 80+ overall or had they not really got better?

Your first paragraph is 100% true - the exact same thing happened to me!

Yeah the youth academy sucks. If you want top players, you might as well get all the big players now (even if they are 35 in fifa) although I find it boring to have the best players. Sometimes it is best just to sell the youth players or release them and then keep a check on them. Someone may sign those youth players and they will improve, but they very rarely reach a really high level
Longest run I've had was probably about 8 seasons, trying to manage a different club and league in each one, gave up after I got stuck in the dutch leagues with no external offers :p:
Original post by diggy
I had a successful career at man united I had just signed kagawa, m'via,hummels,muller and benzema

the momentum became too much for me (it's the feeling that the CPU is controlling the game) f

or example I could play teams at the bottom of the league and despite all my players good form this low team would fight to the bitter end and always score goals at the 45th and 90th min and the goalie would save every shot from a 92 rated rooney

i've moved to PES now

That's the beauty of the game man, you have to be on it all game! It's realistic as players have bad games, games when the ball just won't go in and in the premiership the small teams are fearless and nick points off the big boys on the regular.

It would be boring if every Rooney shot went it because he's 92, he should have to work for his goals and it would also be boring if every shot got saved because your keeper is 90 and there striker is like 71. These things make the game interesting trust me!
Original post by DontWantYourBloodMoney
Longest run I've had was probably about 8 seasons, trying to manage a different club and league in each one, gave up after I got stuck in the dutch leagues with no external offers :p:

Yeah that happens alot you literally have to be 5star manager to get external offers. It's quite annoying but i usually spend years at clubs so i don't really mind really.
Original post by hamburgerandbeans
Your first paragraph is 100% true - the exact same thing happened to me!

Yeah the youth academy sucks. If you want top players, you might as well get all the big players now (even if they are 35 in fifa) although I find it boring to have the best players. Sometimes it is best just to sell the youth players or release them and then keep a check on them. Someone may sign those youth players and they will improve, but they very rarely reach a really high level

Yeah your right, i like fifa because it's realistic, in real life most 35 year olds are rubbish and can't play anymore. Usually these type of players are getting replaced by the Wilshere, Neymar Lucas's of the world now e.g. teen wonderkids. In the game because all the youth players are generated there aren't no wonderkids coming out of it.

My Juventus team now is full of 35,36,37 year olds, hell my Elia is 38 and still has 94 acceleration and is still a beast for my team. Realistically he be unbelievably crap at his age but because there aren't that many good players coming through the youth academy fifa slowed down his decline so that 35+ are still good which is important especially once you hit your tenth season and people like Nasri who is young and 24 are now 34 you know?

Dun no though got a slight dilemma on my hands. I'm half way through my 14th season and on course to win the Seria A for the 2nd Year running, the team is amazing and i'm unbeaten with 12 games to go. Should i stay with them or leave to move to the premiership if i get an offer in my final year. Before i moved to Juve i was at sunderland and i had just morphed them into a title winning team and was top of the league when my career mode froze and forced me to move. I've always wanted to win the premier league, so should i move. Consider that every team i move to would be a step down as i collectively have the best squad in the world at Juventus.
Reply 25
I have had the same problem with some of my FIFA games. In FIFA 07 I started with Legia Warsaw, a 3 star team with a budget of 5 million euros. By the 13th season I had won 13/13 League titles (smashing every team with quick simulation such as Lodz 11-0) 10/13 league cups, one champions league title and one European super cup. I had made them into a 4 and a half star team with a budget of 150 million.

Another manager mode I did with FIFA 07 was with Juventus. They were a 4 star team with a budget of 70 million euros. I won 1 serie B title, 3 serie A titles, 5 coppa nazionale titles, 4 super coppa nazionale titles, 3 champions league titles and 2 European super cups all in just 7 seasons.

In FIFA 09 I used Charlton Athletic and I won 2 championships, 3 premier league titles, 3 FA cups, 3 Champions league titles and 2 European super cups in just 7 seasons.

In FIFA 10 I used Newcastle and I won 1 championship, 7 Premier League titles, 4 FA cups, 1 League cup, 1 Europa League title and 3 Champions League titles in 10 seasons.

In FIFA 12 I used Basel and I won 9 Swiss Super League titles, 7 Swiss cups and 2 semi-final appearances in the champions League, in 9 seasons.

In FIFA 13 I used Basel and I won 7 Swiss Super League titles, 6 Swiss Cups and a Europa League title, In 7 seasons.

I also used Bayer Leverkusen and I didn't win any League titles but I had 3 3rd place finishes and 1 second place finish and I won 2 German cups In 4 seasons.

In all these career modes the game froze and did not let me pass a certain date.

I have now found a way around this in the new career modes try your best not to have too many players, have 32 at the very most and not too many players in your youth academy. Try to also have two save files of the game so if one freezes then use the other.

I am currently using Legia Warsaw in FIFA 13 and I have won 9/9 League titles, and 8/9 League cups, with a semi-final appearance in the Champions League. I am mostly using Youth Academy Players.
Original post by Olympiakos
In all these career modes the game froze and did not let me pass a certain date.

This reminds me of another EA game: F.A. Premier League Football Manager 99. Absolutely the best and most fun management game I've played outside of Championship/Football Manager (maybe even including), so enjoyable, but it has a bug where the game crashes at a certain date. It's random every career too, so you never know when it'll strike. :frown:
I play pro career on Fifa 15. I decided to start at a random club and see where I could take my career from there. I started in the Austrian league with Admira, stayed there for two seasons without winning a thing, although I did help them get to the quarter finals of the Europa league, knocking out AC Milan and Real Madrid and also getting the golden boot in the competition with 12 goals.
Everton then came in for me, it was nice having a team to rely on if I wasnt playing so well but I wanted champions leayge football and in my second season at Everton, Manchester united came in for me witch was a surprise. I have now been there 2 season but still not managed to win anything in my career. But I do have many years left and I'm still really enjoying it!
Reply 28
I play pro career on world class, i do plan on moving up to legendary if i do manage to start another career.
When i first started i decided i wasn't going to pick my club but randomly pick a league and team to start for.
I randomly picked out an Austrian team called Admira, i stayed with Admira for 2 and a half season. I didn't win any xups but in the second season i did manage to help the team get to the quarter final of the Europa league, knocking out AC Milan and Real Madrid on the way and also getting the goldon boot with 12 goals in the competition.
I had a really good season that season, scoring 37 goals in all competitions but still no silverware, so i decided it was time to move on and requested a transfer. Everton was the best team interested so i went to England. i stayed with Everton for about a season and a half before Manchester united randomly mad a bid, and i couldn't turn that down.
I have been at united for 2 season now but struggled to break into the senior squad with the likes of RVP and Rooney to compete with and a really good Henandez.
Now RVP and Rooney are coming towards the end of their careers i am getting alot more playing time along side Henandez, and it looks like we may be the strike force to take united forward.

So im in about my 5th season and i am still happy to continue playing.
I like the idea of not knowing when and what will be your first silverware, also im yet to get a call up to the international stage so i still have the opportunity to work hard and get in.

I did finish as the second top English scorer in this season iv just finished with 12 goals in 14 games, just behind sturridge. so may be this next season is my year for a call up.

Really enjoying it thaough.
I did all fifteen seasons on FIFA 14 as Be A Pro. How I did it I don't know, as I usually give up after five. Did the entire thing on Legendary too which got me angry far too many times to what can be considered healthy. From what I remember the only thing I won was the League Cup.
I have managed AS Roma for 11 seasons and I've won 11 league titles, 11 domestic cups, 10 champions league trophies, Two world cups and Two euro championships my bench mark is to hit 20 seasons with the same club and I'm finding harder each season to find rising talent that is young and can achieve a high potential my team last season was almost full 90 rated now that's dropped cause I sold most of them and some retired, you've got to love playing with the side to go 11 straight seasons in a row non stop and this was done on world class difficultiy non of this amateur difficultiy ****
I could never do more than 3-4 seasons max, it got too boring. If I started with a top-flight team then I did 2 seasons max but if I started from the bottom then I found 3+ seasons slightly manageable.

I don't have the same issue with Football Manager though! :smile:
Reply 32
My personal record managing a football club in a PC game, happened when I was playing "Fifa Manager 10", the game starts in 2009 and I played up to 2039 (The last playable season in the game) All real players were not in the game any longer, but it didn't bother me at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Currently on my 6th season with Man Utd, won bpl 5 times, CL 4 times, FA cup 5, and league cup 3 times (don't really care about that one), as well as manger of the season 4 times, Rooney top scorer every season with at least 20, got Ronaldo (94), bale,(93) courtois(88) pogba (89), matić(88), Neymar(91), and verratti (88) all on contracts, so paid nothing for them, lowest rating on first and second team is 81
I usually only go 4 seasons before getting bored. But I did once finish the entire career (around 12 I think) on Fifa 09. No idea how I did. Guess I didn't get bored easily when I was younger.
I think 6 seasons was my most back in FIFA 09.
Am I the only person here that created my own team( with all the best players) and then used it in manager mode
Can i become captain with my pro on fifa17?
Reply 38
Here is what happened to Arsenal in my most recent save:
Premier league: 18th (Relegated)
Did anyone have the same issue?
My longest CM/FM career is reaching around 2030 in CM 93/94, but longest playtime was reaching 2033 in FM 2007 after a decade or so of playing.

Also, what a bump...

Quick Reply

Latest