The Student Room Group

Help New Postman - Stealing my post :(

So, before around a month ago, there was a good old postman we had, he came on time and delivered the post at around 9:30 am to 10:30am

Now, there is a new postman, this lazy person deliverys the post at 12:30- 1pm

Not only does he come late, i think he stole or lost my package, i recently ordered a package, on Monday and was dispatched Monday around midnight, it is Friday to day and it is still not here!

When i ordered the same package from the same seller a month ago with the old postman, same delivery option it came by Wednesday.

I think this new postman, stole my stuff,

where can i go to file a complaint, for a) delivering my post at lunch time and always Late too Late, and B) stealing/losing my post.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
If you pop into your local post office they may be able to help you..

I once saved allllll my malt teaser teasers from my tub of chocolates and posted them to my boyfriend. My letter arrived but there was a blatent tear in the envelope and surprise surprise someone in the post room got a feat of chocolate.

Sometimes thing do just get lost, You'd probally be best off contacting the company you orderd fom, they may be able to offer advice as to how t long to wait before issuing a complaint.

Plus he may be delivering late as he's having to do an extra round. you could always talk to the postman directly, You never know, you're post may appear! =]

Goodluck!
You do know that it might not be the postmas fault that the times have changed. Maybe he had a route before and has to do this aswell or they've changed the routes and it just happens that your house is one of the last. My post rarely comes before noon. It's just something you have to deal with.

RM deal with millions of packages, I think you're being too quick to blame him. Packages and letters go missing all the time, it's probably just a coincidence that this has happened just as you have a new postman.
(edited 11 years ago)
When I was young, we had a postman dedicated to the 5 surrounding roads, so we always got our post with our breakfast. Nowadays of course, when one postman is expected to cover a 3 mile radius, you can't expect the post to be delivered before lunch. We get our post at around 1:30pm every day now.

It could be just a coincidence that you've got a new postman and your package hasn't arrived. It could be due to a multitude of reasons, including delays during sorting. Unless you know that the postman delivers parcels from that company, it may not be a fault with Royal Mail at all, but a fault by the courier.
Reply 4
Ok thank You :smile: i will wait

BTW: Does Post come on Saturday? If yes, IT BETTER COME TOMOROW!
Original post by roberto111
Ok thank You :smile: i will wait

BTW: Does Post come on Saturday? If yes, IT BETTER COME TOMOROW!

Yes, unless you live in a very remote place. :tongue:
Reply 6
Well, Wait for another week, then contact the post office and also explain to them how is lazy, etc...
Original post by JessykarH
If you pop into your local post office they may be able to help you..

I once saved allllll my malt teaser teasers from my tub of chocolates and posted them to my boyfriend. My letter arrived but there was a blatent tear in the envelope and surprise surprise someone in the post room got a feat of chocolate.

Sometimes thing do just get lost, You'd probally be best off contacting the company you orderd fom, they may be able to offer advice as to how t long to wait before issuing a complaint.

Plus he may be delivering late as he's having to do an extra round. you could always talk to the postman directly, You never know, you're post may appear! =]

Goodluck!

lol wut

why?
Reply 8
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Yes, unless you live in a very remote place. :tongue:

Yay.!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: We wait till 12:45 Tomorow! Gosh Friday 13 really is Bad Luck ::frown:
Reply 9

That sounds like inappropriate packaging - the sweets would have been heavy, and envelopes are designed for holding sheets of paper.
Reply 10
Wow you say 1pm is late? We're lucky if we get our post before 2.30pm.
Reply 11
Original post by roberto111
So, before around a month ago, there was a good old postman we had, he came on time and delivered the post at around 9:30 am to 10:30am

I think this new postman, stole my stuff,

I would SMACK THE bejesus out of him - that's your stuff he is taking
hahha lool go to higher authority and report him - or post a bad review of the post office cimpany online- that will do it :angry:
I once saved allllll my malt teaser teasers from my tub of chocolates and posted them to my boyfriend.

Seriously?! That is actually quite funny :lol:

(Yet, admittedly, rather sweet at the same time :h: )
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 123maz
I would SMACK THE bejesus out of him - that's your stuff he is taking
hahha lool go to higher authority and report him - or post a bad review of the post office cimpany online- that will do it :angry:

How would you know he specifically was taking your post? Seems stupid to point the blame at someone even though you have no reason to suspect them. Good one
Reply 14
Do a 'Dave Gorman' on him. Buy a postcard and address it to yourself. Then write;

Dear Postman,

I know i've sent this to my home address but it is you I wanted to write to. I know you're taking my mail. It's not on. I'm sick of it.

I'm willing to give you a chance to redeem yourself though. You stop stealing now, and i'll let this drop and we can resume our lives as normal. If you wish to do this and avoid any police involvment, take this card and keep it. Otherwise, post it, and we'll get the police involved. This'll be evidence against you, mind.

Yours sincerely.
Go to the post office and see if they have it. Once I waited ages on a parcel and eventually when I went they said they had had it for about two weeks - but I never got a card or anything through the door to tell me it was there. Might be worth a shot?
Reply 16
Original post by Juno
That sounds like inappropriate packaging - the sweets would have been heavy, and envelopes are designed for holding sheets of paper.

It was in one of those small jiffys!
Reply 17
Original post by Schmucks
Do a 'Dave Gorman' on him. Buy a postcard and address it to yourself. Then write;

Dear Postman,

I know i've sent this to my home address but it is you I wanted to write to. I know you're taking my mail. It's not on. I'm sick of it.

I'm willing to give you a chance to redeem yourself though. You stop stealing now, and i'll let this drop and we can resume our lives as normal. If you wish to do this and avoid any police involvment, take this card and keep it. Otherwise, post it, and we'll get the police involved. This'll be evidence against you, mind.

Yours sincerely.

nice, thats probably the best reply i have heard (except mine) :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Original post by Schmucks

Dear Postman,

Yours sincerely.

LMAO!!! LOL + REP!!! HAHAHA

I will see tomorow if the package dont come ! its been 5 days! that means he stole it, hes new, looks dogey, always comes late, and tomorow will be the final decison
FFS op, he probably isnt late. His round has probably changed meaning that your house is further on his route, derp, on every round some houses are done early and others late, you were just lucky before. Stop being so high and mighty and quick to blame him.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending