The Student Room Group

Working at Primark - Q&A

There seem to have been a lot of openings at Primark lately so as an employee, feel free to ask me anything about the application/induction/training/work environment! :biggrin:

It's really good fun and I highly recommend it for anyone looking to gain retail experience

Scroll to see replies

Hi, is it good pay and do u get discounts? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Orange San Francisco
Reply 2
What do I put in the education/training part of the application ?
My school and college and all of my GCSE's and AS levels ?
Original post by xXAneesa786Xx
Hi, is it good pay and do u get discounts? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Orange San Francisco

The pay at the Primark I work in is £4.37 p/h for under 18s and £6.08 for over 18s
You don't get any discounts
Original post by bin94
What do I put in the education/training part of the application ?
My school and college and all of my GCSE's and AS levels ?

Yes, here you put your place of education, length of stay, courses studied and results
I also work at Primark, so if there are any questions I'll get back to you ASAP
Reply 6
Sorry for not replying to this topic, somehow it got completely lost in the mess that is the TSR homepage!

You don't get staff discounts and where I work it's £5.95 for 18 - 21 then a bit more for older than that. Also you are put on probation for 3 months and there is a thing called "counselling" which I haven't yet encountered but can occur for a number of reasons; low attendance, negative/no response from references are a couple I've heard. I think this prevents you from getting overtime or something.
Reply 7
Original post by SeanWilliams92
The pay at the Primark I work in is £4.37 p/h for under 18s and £6.08 for over 18s
You don't get any discounts

Ours is the same as this. Some food places give us discount for working in the city centre though :biggrin:

Original post by Javindo
Sorry for not replying to this topic, somehow it got completely lost in the mess that is the TSR homepage!

You don't get staff discounts and where I work it's £5.95 for 18 - 21 then a bit more for older than that. Also you are put on probation for 3 months and there is a thing called "counselling" which I haven't yet encountered but can occur for a number of reasons; low attendance, negative/no response from references are a couple I've heard. I think this prevents you from getting overtime or something.

Wow, your pay's less than ours, I thought it was the same at all stores :/ I had my first counselling the other day for my attendance (was only off twice!). It doesn't stop you getting overtime :smile: doesn't even go on your records for future references :smile: just means they keep an eye on you for 6 months and if whatever you're being counselled for continues then they take it to investigation level, that does get put on your records and you have to have an interview etc (apparently) then if whatever it is carries on you get your verbal warning, then your final warning, then you get sacked :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Hey guys. I'm new here so excuse any errors. Starting new job in primark soon, really worried bout making sure my performance is up to shape. Can any of you guys give me good tips on how to maintain good performances so my job will be safe after the 3 months probation! Also if not to much trouble how are the tills because I have trainning in 3 days time! ? Are the tills hard or easy, please explain in detail. Cheers much appreciated guys.
Will they employ a random 16 year old with no experience?
Reply 10
What should I do if they don't get back to me within 28 days as they promised ? So far I've waited 27 :/
Reply 11
i was wondering the same :/ what should we do?? no one has an asnwer to this, did they reply to you yet?
Reply 12
Original post by bin94
What should I do if they don't get back to me within 28 days as they promised ? So far I've waited 27 :/

i was wondering the same :/ what should we do?? no one has an asnwer to this, did they reply to you yet?
Original post by london93

They just replied to me today after 32 days, Im on hold but not holding my breath. I would like to know if anyone is actually employed after being put on hold. I donbt think Ive seen anyone on here say its happened to them.

If they havent replied to you within 28 days Id suggest you dont contact them as they say they will withdraw your application, and it is taking them longer than 28 days for a good few people - its not right but they can get away with it so wait and see. I think the most anyones waited (from the SR) is 33 days.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by iheartdjokovic
Will they employ a random 16 year old with no experience?

Yes they are employing 16 year olds and they dont expect you to have retail experience at that age so dont let that put you off,
Reply 15
Original post by londongal23
They just replied to me today after 32 days, Im on hold but not holding my breath. I would like to know if anyone is actually employed after being put on hold. I donbt think Ive seen anyone on here say its happened to them.

If they havent replied to you within 28 days Id suggest you dont contact them as they say they will withdraw your application, and it is taking them longer than 28 days for a good few people - its not right but they can get away with it so wait and see. I rhin the moat anyones waited (from the SR) is 33 days.

thay are really not being proffesional, they shouldnt make us wait this long for a hold/reject
Reply 16

If they havent replied to you within 28 days Id suggest you dont contact them as they say they will withdraw your application, and it is taking them longer than 28 days for a good few people - its not right but they can get away with it so wait and see. I think the most anyones waited (from the SR) is 33 days.

if they dont reply in 33 days what do you sujest i do? because i cant just let them get away with it :/
Original post by london93
if they dont reply in 33 days what do you sujest i do? because i cant just let them get away with it :/

I would leave it for 35 days max and then if you can find a phone number ring them and say youve waited a week past the 28 days and would like to know the outcome of your interview and also why they are not replying within the 28 days like they promised. Maybe youre going to be put on hold, thye surely wont reject you after all this time - or even better they might have a job for you, they did give the lady who had waited 33 days a job so you never know. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you. (They seem to send their e mails at about 5.30pm)
Reply 18
I would leave it for 35 days max and then if you can find a phone number ring them and say youve waited a week past the 28 days and would like to know the outcome of your interview and also why they are not replying within the 28 days like they promised. Maybe youre going to be put on hold, thye surely wont reject you after all this time - or even better they might have a job for you, they did give the lady who had waited 33 days a job so you never know. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you. (They seem to send their e mails at about 5.30pm)

the problem is i dont know where to get the number :/ and thanks
Reply 19

btw i hope you dont mind me asking, have they replied to you and if they havent how long have you been waiting and are gona contact them, sorry i just need some advice :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending