The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
The girl singing "my favourite things" in appollon :mmm: In fairness her accent isnt really too bad ... unlike the engrish in many other series.:no:
Reply 3581
Original post by r4ndom
I'm enjoing it a lot :biggrin:
Yeap, one of the bests with slam dunk, one outs and hajime no ippo :biggrin:

The great thing is, Major continues to get better and better with each season. Personally, it tops Slam Dunk and One Outs for me, although is on par with Hajime no Ippo. :smile:
Original post by Atherilia
The first series or Brotherhood?

The first series, after I'm gonna watch brotherhood.
Original post by Aiko
Shinkai is awesome. A Miyazaki in the making. :yes:

That's what other reviews says too, and it shows.:yes:

My next 'want too watch' series was Angel Beats!, it was a good one overall even if some characters were generic and one dimensional
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3584
The more Nabari no ou I watch the less I like it...but the more I want to keep watching :hmmmm: maybe it's in hope that I'm nearer to the end?

The first series or Brotherhood?

Cay you'll be proud of me! :h:

Got the first two parts of brotherhood on DVD :o: I'd only seen a few episodes before...it's so good :pinch: now I want all the rest of the episodes...my poor wallet :coffee:
Original post by skipp
The more Nabari no ou I watch the less I like it...but the more I want to keep watching :hmmmm: maybe it's in hope that I'm nearer to the end?

I had similar feelings towards the series - SO bad, not even in a good way, but strangely watchable all the same. :hmmmm2:
Original post by skipp

Cay you'll be proud of me! :h:

Got the first two parts of brotherhood on DVD :o: I'd only seen a few episodes before...it's so good :pinch: now I want all the rest of the episodes...my poor wallet :coffee:

You have to read the manga Skippy :h:
Reply 3587
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I had similar feelings towards the series - SO bad, not even in a good way, but strangely watchable all the same. :hmmmm2:

:sadnod: definitely, I'm wondering how such a simple series can be so confusing?

You have to read the manga Skippy :h:

Trying to collect Kare Kano and Dragonball manga at the moment...FMA's going to have to stay DVD based or I'm going to go broke :laugh: but definitely something I want to get in future :yep:
Original post by skipp
:sadnod: definitely, I'm wondering how such a simple series can be so confusing?

Trying to collect Kare Kano and Dragonball manga at the moment...FMA's going to have to stay DVD based or I'm going to go broke :laugh: but definitely something I want to get in future :yep:

Myself, I just really didn't like Yoite. :no:

The Pudding Earl is apparently sending me all of her original Dragonball manga for my birthday! :biggrin: I expressed an interest months ago when she said she was planning on selling the series, but didn't expect this at all. It has left me wondering what to do with the money I got though - between that and Rave Master, I won't be short on reading material for a while!

Oh, wait, there's a Steam sale on. :awesome:
Reply 3589
Original post by The Cornerstone
That's what other reviews says too, and it shows.:yes:

Be assured to watch Hoshi o Ou Kodomo, his latest film. It's effectively the Ghibli film that Ghibli didn't create. :tongue:

My next 'want too watch' series was Angel Beats!, it was a good one overall even if some characters were generic and one dimensional

I liked the fact that they were generic, character design included. I could compare it with a good remix of a familiar song. We have everything there for the standard eroge adaptation, and then it's remixed beyond belief until something different and, in this case, better has come out of it. :tongue:
Reply 3590
Haha, Hagure Yuusha no Estetica is something else. Despite the excessive fan service, I can't help but find this anime enjoyable to watch, largely down to our main protagonist. The guy is an absolute bad ass. :giggle:
Reply 3591
I did something very silly last night, something I've been thinking of doing for months now

Spoiler

Reply 3592
I think I've fallen in love with Jinrui wa Suitai Shimash-ita after watching episode 2. Such brilliance. :laugh:
Reply 3593
Original post by Truered
I did something very silly last night, something I've been thinking of doing for months now

Spoiler

Suffice to say, you certainly possess a penchant for buying anime and manga, even if it's readily available more, ahem, "affordably" online. Still, you can't really go wrong with One Piece, a worthwhile purchase. :smile:
Original post by Aiko
Be assured to watch Hoshi o Ou Kodomo, his latest film. It's effectively the Ghibli film that Ghibli didn't create. :tongue:

Well that's definitely in my 'too watch list':biggrin:

I liked the fact that they were generic, character design included. I could compare it with a good remix of a familiar song. We have everything there for the standard eroge adaptation, and then it's remixed beyond belief until something different and, in this case, better has come out of it. :tongue:

Yeah, I don't think the fact that the characters and the setting is eroge-like is bad thing since it was handled well plus the plot was decent and I did get a few laughs from it too.

Spoiler

Reply 3595
Original post by The Cornerstone
Well that's definitely in my 'too watch list':biggrin:

Definitely worth the watch. :smile:

Yeah, I don't think the fact that the characters and the setting is eroge-like is bad thing since it was handled well plus the plot was decent and I did get a few laughs from it too.

Spoiler

Haha, you gotta love TK. :giggle:
Reply 3596
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Myself, I just really didn't like Yoite. :no:

The Pudding Earl is apparently sending me all of her original Dragonball manga for my birthday! :biggrin: I expressed an interest months ago when she said she was planning on selling the series, but didn't expect this at all. It has left me wondering what to do with the money I got though - between that and Rave Master, I won't be short on reading material for a while!

Oh, wait, there's a Steam sale on. :awesome:

I don't particularly like most of the characters :no: I'd like to say Yoite was especially odd but compared to the rest of the series...I reckon he fits right in...which might be the problem

And aww that's really cool! :cute: excellent and really lovely birthday gift...hope you enjoy it! I'm sure you'll find some way of parting with your extra money :laugh:

Also I realise I forgot to say happy birthday for the other day :adore:

So glad I can't use steam anymore...poor poor wallet
Reply 3597
Original post by Aiko
Suffice to say, you certainly possess a penchant for buying anime and manga, even if it's readily available more, ahem, "affordably" online. Still, you can't really go wrong with One Piece, a worthwhile purchase. :smile:

I have tended to be a bit more 'affordable' when it comes to anime in the past, but I've always found reading manga on a screen very tedious and time consuming.

And it's silly, but my manga collection is one of the few things I'm kind of proud of, half a decade of research and buying and effort, following some series for most of the five years (Negima, Excel saga etc)

Also

Original post by Truered
I have tended to be a bit more 'affordable' when it comes to anime in the past, but I've always found reading manga on a screen very tedious and time consuming.

And it's silly, but my manga collection is one of the few things I'm kind of proud of, half a decade of research and buying and effort, following some series for most of the five years (Negima, Excel saga etc)

:ditto:

My spending on anime has dropped hugely, just the occasional box set at Christmas/an expo, but my manga collection has probably doubled since the start of 2012, and it wasn't small to begin with! I'd just rather buy it. Does help that I've come across some amazing deals recently. :yes:
Reply 3599
I echo the enjoying buying manga feeling :yep: It's nice to hold a book in your hands...and to get the matching set...reading off screens tends to give me a headache even at the best of times

I also think buying series' a bit at a time adds something. Manga tends to be released periodically...so there's that suspense which can be lost if you're reading it all in one go electronically (and we've all done that thing where you start reading a series and read it all in one go :mmm:)

As for anime the collector spirit wins out again for me, I love box sets, I like seeing my favourite series' displayed on my shelf....I quite like places like crunchyroll and the funimation youtube channel...I don't like to waste money so being able to watch a series legally without having to commit is great (like watching a series on tv)...then if I love it I'll be really motivated to buy it...and probably spend extra on a collector's set if it's realy really good

I'm also the sort of person who feels guilty even taking complimentary mints :o: I couldn't watch...more affordably...for long, without wanting to pay for what I was getting (Series with no plans for release over here obviously being an exception...as there's then no way to pay for them...think I'd just get misplaced guilt then :giggle:)

Latest