Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by lazaro7
Sorry to hear about your results, mekagrg. Hopefully things will get better for you in the future.

Reading this thread and how nobody here has received an affirmative response, I don't hold too many hopes. I had read somewhere else that, due to the current economic crisis, it is really hard to find a scholarship for the UK, so somehow I expected this to be this way (sadly). Well, as we say in my country when facing difficult situations: you do what you can do.

Good luck in your future endeavours.

Thank you! Good luck to yours too. :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 381
Original post by mekagrg
Hi,
I am from Nepal. There are some really nice scholarships granted by foreign governments. But the thing is i have been out of school for almost 3 years now. I dropped out from my university because i wanted to change my course. Sadly, I am not extraordinarily smart. I am not lacking confidence. Just being realistic. Even though i have good TOEFL marks, nice teaching experience, recommendations, i feel as if my average high school percentage brings everything down. It has haunted me since I've started applying for colleges. Lesson learned but what good is that gonna do now. :s-smilie:
But I'll be working on my profile like you said. Think i will take my SAT. Do you think that will help to get a scholarship in a UK university?

I am not sure. But to the best of my knowledge, SAT will not work for UK higher education, it is for study in USA at undergrad level. Meanwhile, in UK, you need an A -level.

If you do have time, find more information about this. I have never check this, so I could not give you detail information. However, I could tell you the story of my close friend at high school.

She left her university (a top one in my country) after finishing her 1st year there for a partial scholarship to study A-level in UK. Finishing A-level with exclent result, she was awarded full scholarship by Cambridge. Now, she is doing her postgrad there.
Original post by mekagrg
Received my answer couple of minutes ago. Uhmm, didn't get it. I am obviously devastated. I sort of don't know where to go from here. I know things will get better slowly but it really doesn't feel good right now. It's weird i can't even cry. A lot of things were riding on this.
If anybody knows anything about other universities offering full scholarships to international students, please do let me know. That would be great.
Best of luck to everyone. :smile:

You can apply the Australian Development Scholarships which offers scholarship for undergrad students. I know one guy who got this award to get his BA degree at University of Technology Sydney (UTS), and then was granted the Fulbright scholarship to study his MBA at Harvard Business School. If you plan to take SAT, I think you should explore opportunities of getting financial aids in the US. But in your statement, I also think that you should have a "proper" explanation of why you dropped out from the university course such as financial hardship or something else :smile:. Wish you best luck with your future plans ^^
Reply 383
Today I got the outcome of my scholarship application. I have not been successful and their mail goes as follows. (I am a PG applicant by the way.)

I regret to inform you that the Scholarships Committee, after great deliberation, has not been able to award you a scholarship for the September 2012 intake. The committee met over a number of days and each case was carefully reviewed. We had a great many applications for a limited number of scholarships, so the competition was particularly intense.

Please be assured that every application was given due consideration. I am sorry that we have to disappoint you and wish you every success in your future.

Please note that all decisions made by the Committee are final and not open to re-consideration.

Kind regards

-------------------------
I can see the competition is immense and can not even imagine how good the other applicants must be. Everyone said I have got a good chance of getting a scholarship. Probably I am bit too old for a MA now. (I graduated in 2006 and had to work all this time due to financial constraints.) I can see most of the applicants for MA apply soon after the first degree or at least within 2-3 years. I took about 6 years to do the same....

I wish everyone all the very best in your efforts to realize your dreams.
Reply 384
Today, you receive the result means that they also work on Saturday.
Reply 385
Original post by Luckymore
Today I got the outcome of my scholarship application. I have not been successful and their mail goes as follows. (I am a PG applicant by the way.)

I regret to inform you that the Scholarships Committee, after great deliberation, has not been able to award you a scholarship for the September 2012 intake. The committee met over a number of days and each case was carefully reviewed. We had a great many applications for a limited number of scholarships, so the competition was particularly intense.

Please be assured that every application was given due consideration. I am sorry that we have to disappoint you and wish you every success in your future.

Please note that all decisions made by the Committee are final and not open to re-consideration.

Kind regards

I can see the competition is immense and can not even imagine how good the other applicants must be. Everyone said I have got a good chance of getting a scholarship. Probably I am bit too old for a MA now. (I graduated in 2006 and had to work all this time due to financial constraints.) I can see most of the applicants for MA apply soon after the first degree or at least within 2-3 years. I took about 6 years to do the same....

I am so sorry to hear that. You and I are in the same boat, I graduated in 2005 and have been working since, trying to raise funds but never been able to raise enough. I still haven't heard from the scholarships office, but I doubt I have any chance of getting the scholarship. Don't give up, other opportunities will come up sometime.
Reply 386
Original post by annushka
hey!

they replied on my email today:

We are in the final awarding process now and are expecting to have all the awards finalised next Monday and Tuesday. We will then do our very best to let people know via email as soon as we can after this hopefully by the end of the week, next week.

so we need just to wait.

So does this mean we will get an answer this week or next?

Also, does an unsuccessful accommodation application means an unsuccessful scholarship application, too? Because this happened to me last year and I don't think I can take another rejection. :frown:
Reply 387

Kind regards

I'm very sorry, my love. I hope you will find something better soon. I graduated 8 years ago, I hope I will get this chance, I really need it.

Once again, so sorry to hear about your rejection, I know how it feels. *hugs*

Kind regards

they sent the same mail to me.
Original post by levyle
I am so sorry to hear that. You and I are in the same boat, I graduated in 2005 and have been working since, trying to raise funds but never been able to raise enough. I still haven't heard from the scholarships office, but I doubt I have any chance of getting the scholarship. Don't give up, other opportunities will come up sometime.

If they continue rising the tuition fees (especially for international students) my life-long savings won't be enough. How can a young ambitious person, whose family monthly incomes are 300 euros, continue educational process? To me, this situation looks like the period when kings and queens ruled, and only children with ''blue'' blood could afford studying. It's so frustrating.
Reply 390
im so sorry to hear so many got a rejection letter. has anyone of you got an Acceptance Survey email? It was to give feedback about the admissions process, your background information etc. Good luck to all those waiting to get a reply...i know how it feels. I am also sailing in the same boat, as soon as i get back from work, 1st thing I do is check if i have received any mail. :/ Please let us know if any one gets a positive reply. I am patiently waiting for a confirmation as I am much dependent on the scholarship to study in UK.
Reply 391
so monday and tuesday gonna be the moment of truth?...it doesnt get tense than this.

I wish everyone still waiting for replies all the best.

Also guys check out Australian scholarships and the Norwegian Quota Scheme.....massive scholarships from these two countries for international students,both undrgrad and postgrd.....even if you miss out on uwm scholarship,there so many other opportunities,only if you dont give up.

Cheers!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 392
Hope that result will come out soon.
Dunno whether we could see the result posted on the uni's website. Last year, guys tells that although they didn't receive the uni's email, the scholarship result list had been posted on website.
Reply 393
Monday and Tuesday, but not this week, but next one - 23-24 of July.

anyway this week will be the last week of waiting :smile:
Reply 394

Ohh here I thought it was Monday tomorrow. Wow guys, another week... :frown: I can't wait another week.

To everyone who didn't get the scholarship, don't give up. Just let this motivate you even more. If I don't get this scholarship, I will be so disappointed But I know life always has setbacks, but whats important is how we bounce back from these setbacks. We just have to keep on trying. Lots of the scholarships are closed now, but around December time, just make sure to send in your applications asap to everywhere. Thats my plan B. You WILL get a full scholarship somewhere :smile:
Reply 395

i thought someone got an email reply from uwm saying it should be this monday and tuesday?

Anyway,we're still waiting.

Goodluck everyone.
Reply 396
Original post by Olympya
Ohh here I thought it was Monday tomorrow. Wow guys, another week... :frown: I can't wait another week.

To everyone who didn't get the scholarship, don't give up. Just let this motivate you even more. If I don't get this scholarship, I will be so disappointed But I know life always has setbacks, but whats important is how we bounce back from these setbacks. We just have to keep on trying. Lots of the scholarships are closed now, but around December time, just make sure to send in your applications asap to everywhere. Thats my plan B. You WILL get a full scholarship somewhere :smile:

olympya,
thats the spirit,never give up.

The competitions tense,so if guys dont get awarded they should not get discouraged,atleast they did their best,beside,all of us would get a scholarship if the number wasnt limited,we all qualify.

Cheer up guys!
Reply 397
I got this Friday afternoon and it said:

We are in the final awarding process now and are expecting to have all the awards finalised next Monday and Tuesday. We will then do our very best to let people know via email as soon as we can after this hopefully by the end of the week, next week.

so. all this week we need to wait and check emails!
Reply 398
oh, guys, I reread what they send again. maybe they will do everything this Monday-Tueasday 16-17 of July and after this start notifying people??? maybe I confused first time about 23-24 of July
Reply 399
oh, guys, I reread what they send again. maybe they will do everything this Monday-Tueasday 16-17 of July and after this start notifying people??? maybe I confused first time about 23-24 of July

Annushka hi,
you're an international student?....postgrd or undrgrd?

Lets wait and see,goodluck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending