Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5960
Original post by sunfowers01
I feel so disappointed with myself. :frown:

:console: What's up?
Original post by bytail
I think I've had experience with racing thoughts, feeling on top of the world, wanting to talk a lot more, having big plans/ideas, better self-esteem and less sleep. Not had any experience with feeling like I'm 'special' or singled out for a specific purpose, driving dangerously (I don't drive though), spending large amounts of money (but I never usually have very much in the bank :tongue:) or having unsafe sex (but I have been more willing to flirt with/kiss people [which I would instigate - never normally the case], and when I was 'up' and had a boyfriend I think my libido was increased, but that could just have been due to not feeling depressed).

So I'd say it doesn't seem as intense as you describe, but there are still some similarities. Yeah, I just thought I'd ask you guys before wasting anyone's time :tongue: Thanks for this, hope you're doing okay? :hugs:

May be worth talking to your GP then, just to see what they say. Hopefully it won't be a problem for you, but if it's bothering you, may be worth talking to someone. With the whole libido thing, you could put it down to being less depressed as depression does tend to make you less interested in sex. For me it's more obvious as I'm actually asexual, but not when I'm hypomanic :tongue:

I'm doing a bit better, mood is all over the place though. How are you doing today?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5962
Applying for a job! I really hope I get it. Awesome pay and actually looks really interesting! It's working with young people to improve access to mental health services :smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Applying for a job! I really hope I get it. Awesome pay and actually looks really interesting! It's working with young people to improve access to mental health services :smile:

That sounds really great. Fingers crossed for you! :yep:

:grouphugs: to all :grouphugs:
Reply 5964

good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :smile:
Reply 5965
Original post by Wheek
good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
That sounds really great. Fingers crossed for you! :yep:

:grouphugs: to all :grouphugs:

Thank you both!

If I get the job I'll be pestering all of you guys to know what you want from services and how to access them (it's an online social media thing!) so be warned :colone:

Good luck, I hope you get it :smile:

Original post by rmhumphries

This beyond anything else hints to mania IMO - and the rest can fall into hypomania or mania.

Yeah I guess that may venture into mania but I've never been diagnosed with mania so I don't want to label it!

oh my god, so tired... i wish there was a sleep improver, can see this running and running if the dreams don't **** off.
Original post by littleshambles
oh my god, so tired... i wish there was a sleep improver, can see this running and running if the dreams don't **** off.

Have you tried any pills to help you sleep? Ime some seem to stop you dreaming as much.
Original post by bullettheory
May be worth talking to your GP then, just to see what they say. Hopefully it won't be a problem for you, but if it's bothering you, may be worth talking to someone. With the whole libido thing, you could put it down to being less depressed as depression does tend to make you less interested in sex. For me it's more obvious as I'm actually asexual, but not when I'm hypomanic :tongue:

I'm doing a bit better, mood is all over the place though. How are you doing today?

Mm, I may mention it, I do really hope it's nothing though! Yeah, that's true :laugh:

Glad to hear you're doing a bit better :smile: Same old, slept from 5am-4pm, really need to sort it out. Don't feel like I'm that ill or being irrational about anything, but people keep telling me I am :s-smilie: Not sure what to believe these days.

Good luck, I really hope you get it! :crossedf:
I feel ashamed and scared of myself.

Spoiler

Original post by luno
:console: What's up?

I hurt myself again.
Original post by Sabertooth

Spoiler

Might be a good idea to head down to A&E? :console: I know you won't want to, but it's better than the voices getting worse and you feeling like you have to hurt someone.
Original post by bytail
Might be a good idea to head down to A&E? :console: I know you won't want to, but it's better than the voices getting worse and you feeling like you have to hurt someone.

I won't hurt anyone the knives are in the other room but that doesn't stop me being scared. :frown: I'm searching google for solutions and yet again coming up with nothing I haven't already tried. Why is the no ****ing way out???
I won't hurt anyone the knives are in the other room but that doesn't stop me being scared. :frown: I'm searching google for solutions and yet again coming up with nothing I haven't already tried. Why is the no ****ing way out???

No, it's perfectly understandable that you're scared, it sounds terrifying :frown: Can you get in touch with your psychiatrist any time soon? It's really important that you tell them about this, because it could just be that your meds need adjusting again. If you start feeling unsafe please tell your girlfriend (I'm sure she'd rather you told her, even if she seems annoyed or upset) :hugs:

Spoiler

:hugs: that must be really scary. I'm sorry that it's happening to you.

Edit (pressed the button by accident...) I know you find it hard to tell your girlfriend, but maybe you don't need her to know exactly what you are being told but just ask her to stay with you for now. Keep the knifes away and just sit with her. From before I seem to remember she is good at calming you down

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5977

Spoiler

:hugs:

I think you probably should tell someone if you can. It sounds really scary, but you shouldn't be ashamed, and don't worry about people thinking you're crazy. Your girlfriend loves you, I'm sure, and she would want you to get the help you need. If you can't tell her, maybe try speaking to a doctor, though I know that's terrifying and difficult, and might not seem helpful but I think it's necessary. :console:
Original post by bytail
No, it's perfectly understandable that you're scared, it sounds terrifying :frown: Can you get in touch with your psychiatrist any time soon? It's really important that you tell them about this, because it could just be that your meds need adjusting again. If you start feeling unsafe please tell your girlfriend (I'm sure she'd rather you told her, even if she seems annoyed or upset) :hugs:

I'm seeing my CPN next week, I dunno about psychiatrist not sure if I'm seeing her again. I have no idea why things are so hard and they are so loud recently.

Original post by bullettheory
:hugs: that must be really scary. I'm sorry that it's happening to you.

Edit (pressed the button by accident...) I know you find it hard to tell your girlfriend, but maybe you don't need her to know exactly what you are being told but just ask her to stay with you for now. Keep the knifes away and just sit with her. From before I seem to remember she is good at calming you down

I will do that, thank you, she is amazing I feel ashamed of whats happening but she will make me feel better. I'm just scared she'll think horrible things about me or be scared of me and I could never forgive myself for scaring her. :frown:
Original post by d123
:hugs:

I think you probably should tell someone if you can. It sounds really scary, but you shouldn't be ashamed, and don't worry about people thinking you're crazy. Your girlfriend loves you, I'm sure, and she would want you to get the help you need. If you can't tell her, maybe try speaking to a doctor, though I know that's terrifying and difficult, and might not seem helpful but I think it's necessary. :console:

I'll go with bullettheory and tell her, I need someone to give me a hug desperately right now. I'm worried about telling the doctor about this, I can NOT go to hospital.

Thanks.

Latest