The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7060
Original post by Mess.
Each film had one really good scene though, both involving Jessica Alba :woohoo:

I still remember the first scene :mmm: Although plot wise, totally lame. What was it in the second one?
Reply 7061
Original post by Revent
I still remember the first scene :mmm: Although plot wise, totally lame. What was it in the second one?

I might be getting confused, she did do the underwear twice in the first film then :beard: Although the figure hugging suit in the second film :dice:
Reply 7062

That one :coma:
David Letterman has enraged fans by blurting out the possible ending to TDKR while interviewing Anne Hathaway :rolleyes:

http://www.metro.co.uk/film/905132-david-letterman-spoils-the-dark-knight-rises-in-hathaway-interview
Reply 7064
:facepalm2: I haven't clicked the link just incase it contains any spoilers but what an absolute arse if he has.
Reply 7065
Original post by Mess.

That one :coma:

:drool:

@the link, that guy is such a douche, refuse to click the link :erm: Too excited for Friday.
Original post by Mess.
Ridiculously hard trying to think of good films to watch that I haven't already seen :beard: Just anything that is a really good watch :beard:

Have you tried foreign films lately? Here's a few I'd recommend. :smile:

Pan's Labyrinth

Talk to Her

Le Boucher

Y Tu Mama Tambien

Knife in the Water
Reply 7067
Just saw brewsters millions on ITV earlier on! Really liked it! Would recommend :smile:
Original post by Revent
Just saw brewsters millions on ITV earlier on! Really liked it! Would recommend :smile:

I caught it by chance whilst flicking through the channels. John Candy, is without a doubt, the greatest fat actor ever (yes, I'm skipping over the egotist that was Orson Welles), with a consolatory mention going to Chris Farley, may he rest in peace.
Reply 7069
Original post by philistine
I caught it by chance whilst flicking through the channels. John Candy, is without a doubt, the greatest fat actor ever (yes, I'm skipping over the egotist that was Orson Welles), with a consolatory mention going to Chris Farley, may he rest in peace.

Never heard of any of these names other than Candy :colondollar:
So... I've watched Mission Impossible 4, now watching Mission Impossible 3.... Maybe I'll continue this trend and just watch them all backwards :tongue:
Reply 7071
Original post by Colonel.
I would say Fincher's ending is happier, considering that

Spoiler

Maybe I got too emotional when

Spoiler

Original post by Nirgilis
So... I've watched Mission Impossible 4, now watching Mission Impossible 3.... Maybe I'll continue this trend and just watch them all backwards :tongue:

Are they any good? I'm slightly ashamed to say I've never seen any of the MI sequels.
Reply 7073

Quite apart from the fact that it seems you can pretty clearly see what the story's going to be, I don't think I really like the look of that at all. :erm:
Original post by Abiraleft

Quite apart from the fact that it seems you can pretty clearly see what the story's going to be, I don't think I really like the look of that at all. :erm:

I don't either, this is going to be Alice in Wonderland all over again. Sucking the life out of a celebrated classic until it's devoid of any charm at all. :rolleyes:
Just watched Man on a Ledge. I enjoyed it! The ending could've been a little better and that annoying teen couple were just very annoying and out of place (and cliche) with the rest of the film. Their jokes were plainly aimed at the dumb crowd. We need more movies like this. It's like the classic 80's/90's action thriller movies.

Good fun 7.5/10
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7076
Original post by silent ninja
Just watched Man on a Ledge. I enjoyed it! The ending could've been a little better and that annoying teen couple were just very annoying and out of place (and cliche) with the rest of the film. Their jokes were plainly aimed at the dumb crowd. We need more movies like this. It's like the classic 80's/90's action thriller movies.

Good fun 7.5/10

Very coincidental, I'm 1.26 through it atm :p: Quite enjoying it :smile:
Original post by Revent
Very coincidental, I'm 1.26 through it atm :p: Quite enjoying it :smile:

That lady cop is way too good looking to be an NYPD 'roughing it out' cop. Quite unbelievable but she was a'ight in the movie.
Reply 7078
That lady cop is way too good looking to be an NYPD 'roughing it out' cop. Quite unbelievable but she was a'ight in the movie.

Better than seeing some random eh chick :wink:
Cinema releases I've watched this year:

Haywire, Underworld: Awakening, The Grey, Man on a Ledge, Chronicle, The Woman in Black, The Vow, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, This Means War, John Carter, 21 Jump Street, The Hunger Games, The Raid: Redemption, Wrath of the Titans, Lockout, The Avengers, Dark Shadows, Battleship, Men in Black 3, Snow White and the Huntsman (just... don't :pierre:), Prometheus and The Amazing Spider-Man.

Good fun 7.5/10

The part where he actually jumps off the ledge, like Ezio performing an assassination in Assassin's Creed, was utterly ridiculous. :colonhash:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending