The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dbmag9
Had a really easy shift that finished in like two hours, that was nice. And now have many euros to spend in Amsterdam. :awesome:

Sounds good! When are you going to Amsterdam? :dunce:
Reply 5201
Original post by Tortious
Sounds good! When are you going to Amsterdam? :dunce:

Tomorrow afternoon. TSR usage will be severely reduced, I'm afraid, guys. :p:
Original post by Laertes
Hola.

As a proud Lancastrian, I like you already.

:beer:

Original post by Ican'teven
I think I found the questionnaire, I'll just answer randomly.

Giulia, 18, from Italy. Applying for 2013 entry, Anthropology.
I don't just like things, I obsess. Especially over tv shows. I studied a year abroad in Russia and consider myself a language geek. I love reading almost as much as I like hot chocolate. I'm egocentric and awfully diplomatic.

Then anthropological linguistics is the obsession for you. Welcome to the dark side :colone:

Like the Montagues and the Capulets. :p:

Well, we have another Lancastrian here. Better watch your back :evil:

I don't normally mind - it's just the amount of innuendo that went on in this thread the other day! :woo:

(Insert obligatory ":sexface:".)

For which I am only too innocent u_u

I'll see what I can do.

A diplomatic (stereotypically English for us foreigners) answer haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey all :h:
Original post by FrozenCharlotte

Then anthropological linguistics is the obsession for you. Welcome to the dark side :colone:

Exactly, I'm actually a bit oriented toward ethnolinguistics/anthropological linguistics (are they the same? I shamefully don't know, lol) but I would like to follow a broad course nevertheless.
You mentioned being a foreigner; where are you from?

Also, I'm on the dark side already :awesome:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by dbmag9
Tomorrow afternoon. TSR usage will be severely reduced, I'm afraid, guys. :p:

Is that because of the space cakes? :holmes:

(Better not answer that - wouldn't want to incriminate yourself! :wink:)

Well, we have another Lancastrian here. Better watch your back :evil:

I'm fine. Laertes isn't really a threat to me anyway since I don't think he'd want to hit a girl. :p:

As for you, you I'm worried about. I'm pretty weak and was easily overpowered by my husband in a tickle fight. (It was both hilariously sexual and non-sexual at the same time...)

For which I am only too innocent u_u

Yeah, right. :hand:

A diplomatic (stereotypically English for us foreigners) answer haha

:hat2:

Original post by ViceVersa
Hey all :h:

Afternoon. :h:
Reply 5206
Is that because of the space cakes? :holmes:

(Better not answer that - wouldn't want to incriminate yourself! :wink:)

That wouldn't really count as incriminating me; getting high is definitely on the agenda. I won't be here just because I'll be in a fun city with friends and less computer time, is all.
I'm fine. Laertes isn't really a threat to me anyway since I don't think he'd want to hit a girl. :p:

Who said anything about hitting? Psychological torture is oh so much more entertaining..

As for you, you I'm worried about. I'm pretty weak and was easily overpowered by my husband in a tickle fight. (It was both hilariously sexual and non-sexual at the same time...)

I imagine that would have the potential to fry Kinsey's scale to sh** :lol:

For my size, it wouldn't be expected that I can take anyone down...but for some reason...I can o_o But I don't prey on the weak :closedeyes:

Yeah, right. :hand:

Hey..you're talking to the girl who missed 90% of Vlad's and everyone else's plethora of sexual innuendos the other day :s-smilie:
Original post by Ican'teven
I would like to follow a broad course nevertheless.

What uni are you thinking of applying to? :smile:

Oh, and the dark side I meant was the linguistics side not this side that surrounds us all hahaha I'm about to start postgrad studies in linguistics, so hello, future colleague :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Who said anything about hitting? Psychological torture is oh so much more entertaining..

Sheldon Cooper, is that you?

I imagine that would have the potential to fry Kinsey's scale to sh** :lol:

It's fine - we both know it's never going to happen. I think that's the reason we're so close!

For my size, it wouldn't be expected that I can take anyone down...but for some reason...I can o_o But I don't prey on the weak :closedeyes:

For your size? Unless you're the height of a four year old, you should be able to take me down - anyone should. For that matter, so should a four year old. I once told my French exchange family that I was "scared of children"... :s-smilie:

Hey..you're talking to the girl who missed 90% of Vlad's and everyone else's plethora of sexual innuendos the other day :s-smilie:

Yeah, but you're catching up. :wink:
Reply 5210
Think I've pulled a muscle/tendon in my shoulder, was stretching this morning when I woke up, and I felt something pull, and owies! It is now slathered in max strength deep heat to try and take the pain away a bit.
Original post by Crisps
Think I've pulled a muscle/tendon in my shoulder, was stretching this morning when I woke up, and I felt something pull, and owies! It is now slathered in max strength deep heat to try and take the pain away a bit.

Deep Heat's ok, but if you want something really effective, then try diclofenac gel like Voltarol Paineze, plus topical heat/cold.
Afternoon. :h:

How are you? :woo:
How are you? :woo:

Not too bad. Only done 2/4 applications today, and I've got my phone interview tomorrow (haven't prepared). I also have to go and pick something up from my friend's house in a minute, but I don't want to go out. :cry: #firstworldproblems

Productive day? :smile:
Reply 5214
*sigh* Men. :frown:
Reply 5215
Original post by Crisps

:hugs:
Not too bad. Only done 2/4 applications today, and I've got my phone interview tomorrow (haven't prepared). I also have to go and pick something up from my friend's house in a minute, but I don't want to go out. :cry: #firstworldproblems

It's been good but not overly productive, went out to get a few things and then got some food. Ate and watched TV. Danced and listened to tons of music :h:

Original post by Crisps

It's been good but not overly productive, went out to get a few things and then got some food. Ate and watched TV. Danced and listened to tons of music :h:

Those are the best kinds of days though. :yes: It's nice to have a break once in a while.

FrozenCharlotte
:wavey:

(You "waved" again. :p:)

Your avatar's been bugging me for ages and I've just realised what it is - yarn bombing! :biggrin:

Original post by Crisps

:console:

Took me a moment to realise you meant you'd done 2 out of 4 applications, and that you hadn't just written '2/4' as a really pedantic and unnecessary way of saying 'half'. :tongue:

It's my dad's birthday today and the present I bought him off eBay hasn't arrived. Awkward.
Original post by Terpsikhore
Took me a moment to realise you meant you'd done 2 out of 4 applications, and that you hadn't just written '2/4' as a really pedantic and unnecessary way of saying 'half'. :tongue:

It's my dad's birthday today and the present I bought him off eBay hasn't arrived. Awkward.

:s-smilie:

If he says anything, at least you've got the order confirmation to show when you bought it. :p: Alternatively, it's a bit late now, but you could print a photo of the thing and put it in his card. I've done that in the past when a book hadn't arrived. :yes:

Latest