The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Anyone know which is the cheapest airline that flies directly from SG to London Heathrow??

So far the only two I can think of is BA which charges about $900++ for 1 way and SQ which charges a lot more :/
Finair is like 700+
Original post by Cristocracy
Finair is like 700+

Why would Finair fly from Singapore?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3583
Original post by iamlovinit05
Hey I'm on BA on 12th as well! are you on the 10.55pm one? BA0012 i think?

Oh! I would be on the 11.30pm flight BA0016 =) Btw what uni will u be in?
Why would Finair fly from Singapore?

Why would it not?
Original post by redsgal
Oh! I would be on the 11.30pm flight BA0016 =) Btw what uni will u be in?

Oo Manchester haha. How about you?
Reply 3586
Original post by iamlovinit05
Oo Manchester haha. How about you?

Plymouth =)
Reply 3587
For those who are gg to UK this year, you can refer to Imperial College Freshman Guide for Singaporeans. Though it is meant for Imperial College students, but it is a good read for the rest of UK bound Singaporeans.

http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/osc/singapore/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Sotong-Guide-2012.pdf
Reply 3588
Original post by redsgal
For those who are gg to UK this year, you can refer to Imperial College Freshman Guide for Singaporeans. Though it is meant for Imperial College students, but it is a good read for the rest of UK bound Singaporeans.

http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/osc/singapore/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Sotong-Guide-2012.pdf

thanks!!
Reply 3589
Hello! How are you guys going to set up your bank account? Is it advisable to do the HSBC acct here? Or should I just do a local bank account there? But wouldnt the charges be high if my parents were to transfer the money directly to the local bank there? Need some advices. :frown:

Reply 3590
hey guys. is it safe to say that most of you got the visa without the need for bank statement?
Reply 3591
Original post by Dekreuk
hey guys. is it safe to say that most of you got the visa without the need for bank statement?

yes for me i did not produce it and i think same goes for the rest here....but yet again be prepared that they may ask you for it during the visa processing stage.:smile:
Original post by coshios
Hello! How are you guys going to set up your bank account? Is it advisable to do the HSBC acct here? Or should I just do a local bank account there? But wouldnt the charges be high if my parents were to transfer the money directly to the local bank there? Need some advices. :frown:

Anyone has any advice? I would like to know too. haha.
Reply 3593
Original post by bpbp
anyone here going to oxford??

me! :smile:
Original post by pandapower
Anyone has any advice? I would like to know too. haha.

I think unless you or your parents owned a HSBC account (advanced/premium), there wouldn't be any charges for inter-bank transfer.

Reply 3595
Hi all, there will a pre-departure 2012 briefing for UK-bound students by the British Council. Do check it out.

http://www.educationuk.org/Singapore/Page/EventDetailsLayout/EventsDetailsPage?eventID=1262438636376
Reply 3596
With regards to visa application, am i supposed to book and confirm my flight details prior to the interview appointment?
Reply 3597
Original post by pseudoX
With regards to visa application, am i supposed to book and confirm my flight details prior to the interview appointment?

There isn't such a requirement
Reply 3598
Original post by redsgal
There isn't such a requirement

Thanks for clarifying, I didn't know of one as well but apparently the UKBA website suggested that i bring along my itinerary for submission.
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone going to Newcastle? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending