The Student Room Group

What University Societies, clubs and sports will you be joining?

Hi,
I've been told that the University experience is best when you are actively involved and so i plan to join a few societies and possibly get involved in some sports. I'm currently considering netball as i've competed in a netball before. Not sure about societies yet. Just wondering what anyone else was thinking of joining or a new thing that you may take up?

PS: This is my first thread, so please be nice.:smile:

Considering from everyones posts:
Cheerleading
Cake society
Harry potter society
St john ambulance
Running society
Medical society
Charity society
Tennis
Squash
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll be joining Squash, and maybe something to do with the MUN and my country's society, along with the Spanish society because I speak the language. So excited!
I don't think I'll be joining any since I'm going into year 3, but I used to be in the Politics society, the cheerleading squad (for a couple months in year 1) and was president of International Affairs last year. You really should join up and be active, it's a great way to get to know people, and will look good on your CV as well.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
I definitely will then. I hope my uni has cheerleading.
Reply 4
Original post by asparkyn
I'll be joining Squash, and maybe something to do with the MUN and my country's society, along with the Spanish society because I speak the language. So excited!

Cool. I want to join French society as i want to improve my French from GCSE level, however i am learning As/A level french over the holidays. Unfortunately i haven't ever played squash before it wasn't avaliable or popular at my school, maybe i can try it at uni. Can't wait. Good luck.
Reply 5
I want to join cheerleading, always wanted to do that, erm any other that floats my boat deffo
Reply 6
I plan on joining many clubs sports clubs when i get to my university in September, these include:

Mountaineering
badminton
Surfing
Mountain biking (if the club does not exist ill make one)
Archery
Surrey Snows-sports

and probably more when i find out whats on offer.
The newspaper... I hope. Also, the French speaking society seems great. And a charity one.
Reply 8
Original post by justn1c2
I plan on joining many clubs sports clubs when i get to my university in September, these include:

Mountaineering
badminton
Surfing
Mountain biking (if the club does not exist ill make one)
Archery
Surrey Snows-sports

and probably more when i find out whats on offer.

Sounds good.
Reply 9
Cake society, book club, creative writing society and Harry Potter society :biggrin: Then maybe something sporty to burn off the the many brownies and victoria sponges that shall be consumed in Cake society :ahee:
(edited 11 years ago)
football, table football, go karting, karate maybe, depends on which uni i end up at though!
Quidditch :biggrin:
Reply 12
I didn't know table football was a club lol. i don't think i'm any gd at it tbh.
Reply 13
Warwick Snow for sure! Apart from that just the usual, football and tennis or something.

Rock climbing looks pretty fun as well!
Joining all of them.

Going to none of them.
Reply 15
I really want to learn Japanese... So I hope there's a club for that. Also I would like to do a sport or dance club for some exercise and fun :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 16
Most unis has language clubs. so there shud be 1 for japanese too.
Reply 17
Hopefully quite a lot... :smile: So far I'm considering:

- Kickboxing
- Medsoc
- OTC
- Snowsports
- A society in which I can learn another Language?
- Football
- Guitarists/Musicians

I also just want to give loads more sports a try and hopefully stick with one or two of them :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by MJHERBZ
Hopefully quite a lot... :smile: So far I'm considering:

- Kickboxing
- Medsoc
- OTC
- Snowsports
- A society in which I can learn another Language?
- Football
- Guitarists/Musicians

I also just want to give loads more sports a try and hopefully stick with one or two of them :smile:

Thats sounds good. How can i forget medsoc. lol. This is why i created this thread.
Original post by Smason5
I didn't know table football was a club lol. i don't think i'm any gd at it tbh.

Have you thought about rowing?

Quick Reply

Latest