The Student Room Group

So guys, once rebels beat Assad to death, what do you think will happen?

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

dunno, I wouldn't be bothered seeing the various groups slaughter each other to be honest, they're all trash, Assad just happens to be the one in power.
How could you wish for a fellow muslim brothers death regardless of his alleged crimes? then you have the nerve to want some warped sharia state in power where women are treated like dogs and citizens are prone to barbaric punishments..

Anyway he won't fall because the UN won't allow it. With Russia supporting it thats the way its going to stay. They have much more technology and weaponry at their disposal
Reply 3
Original post by prog2djent
Insha'allah

After Assad is inevitably killed by either the FSA, Al-Tahweed, Al-Quada and affiliated mujahid groups, private military groups from the US, NATO, Saudi-Israeli-Nato money backed Terrorists .... what do you think will happen In syria?

Peace, democracy and Secularism ..... or, massive sectarian violence and we have the next Iraq on our hands, and given the Economic collapse, maybe, just maybe they can hope to become a Sharia'h state.

Well, ameen.

I hope Assad stays in power for a long time :wink:.
Democracy is a joke dude, you are going to be replacing one corrupt leader with many corrupt leaders!
Stick with the devil you know!
As long as we ban his whore of a wife from escaping here I'm fine to watch the ensuing deaths of them.
Reply 5
Original post by AverageExcellence
How could you wish for a fellow muslim brothers death regardless of his alleged crimes? then you have the nerve to want some warped sharia state in power where women are treated like dogs and citizens are prone to barbaric punishments..

Anyway he won't fall because the UN won't allow it. With Russia supporting it thats the way its going to stay. They have much more technology and weaponry at their disposal

I'm not a Muslim I'm just using some lingo I've picked up from hours of research. (I actually do want to learn Arabic some time, all I know is about 14 or 15 phrases.

And I want Assad to stay in power, I'd rather have an Alawi in power who has strong ties with Shia Lebannon (to some extent) Iran, over, say Sunni-Salafist-Wahaabi Gulf States, and their buddies, Israel and the US.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
The answer really is that no one knows, the dynamics of such a situation are unfathomable. We can see from previous uprisings in North Africa that although rocky, Egypt, Tunisia, and Libya having removed their dictators from power have all succeeded in holding their first democratic elections. The new president of Egypt even left his party, the Muslim Brotherhood, upon ascension, pledged allegiance to the Egyptian people, and appointed one female and one christian vice president to ensure a representative government. So far it looks hopeful, and with international assistance Syria may be able to achieve the same.
Reply 7
Original post by prog2djent
Insha'allah

After Assad is inevitably killed by either the FSA, Al-Tahweed, Al-Quada and affiliated mujahid groups, private military groups from the US, NATO, Saudi-Israeli-Nato money backed Terrorists .... what do you think will happen In syria?

Peace, democracy and Secularism ..... or, massive sectarian violence and we have the next Iraq on our hands, and given the Economic collapse, maybe, just maybe they can hope to become a Sharia'h state.

Well, ameen.

I seriously hope you are joking. Why in the world would people actually want to live in that type of restrictive society?
Reply 8
Original post by bahjat93
I hope Assad stays in power for a long time :wink:.
Democracy is a joke dude, you are going to be replacing one corrupt leader with many corrupt leaders!
Stick with the devil you know!

At least those corrupt leaders are elected by the people, rather than forced upon you.
Reply 9
Original post by .eXe
I seriously hope you are joking. Why in the world would people actually want to live in that type of restrictive society?

They meaning the rebels, Islamist groups and Secular university students who started all this off.

The feminists will enjoy their black rags, the LBGT students will enjoy being hanged.
Original post by .eXe

Because in the eyes of a few warped individuals on TSR, stability is worth trading in their freedom.

He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.
Reply 11
Get rid of assad, anythings better than him. Yes he is a monster, he deserves to die, his army has totured and hung children (i didnt believe it at first but there are pictures)
Reply 12
theyll start earing each other, even more than now, and it will be total chaos.
Reply 13
Original post by ESPORTIVA
Get rid of assad, anythings better than him. Yes he is a monster, he deserves to die, his army has totured and hung children (i didnt believe it at first but there are pictures)

at least he prevented christians from being slaughtered over the years
Reply 14
Original post by Squidgyness
Because in the eyes of a few warped individuals on TSR, stability is worth trading in their freedom.

He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

Derp,

he was talking about a sharia, sectarian violence state. Not Assad being in power, read my post, and read his in response properly.
Reply 15
Original post by ESPORTIVA

Looks like western media has done its job :rolleyes:

What about all the children killed at the hands of FSA and allied rebels? Hmm? :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Original post by Azaro
at least he prevented christians from being slaughtered over the years

Yes.

90% Of Homs christian population have been forced out, and, from memory, 450/2000 of Syria's mosque's have now fallen into the hand of Salafist Imam's, Sheik's and Scholars, wheras it was around 80 before.
I actually support the 'despot' leaders around the world - N.Korea, Iran, Syria, Libya (before last year), Belarus, etc - despite their atrocious human rights abuses. They aren't afraid of standing up to America - that, or my hypothesis of a world-wide illusion is correct.

This website is comprised of so-called 'logical' thinkers, yet people fail to realise how dreadful life in the West truly is. Sodium fluoride, mercury fillings, junk food, faux-health foods, crippling debt, squalid conditions, poor medical care, out-of-control immigration, unacceptable social tension, segregation, rampant disease and a whole host of other issues.
Reply 18
Original post by Formerly Helpful_C
I actually support the 'despot' leaders around the world - N.Korea, Iran, Syria, Libya (before last year), Belarus, etc - despite their atrocious human rights abuses. They aren't afraid of standing up to America - that, or my hypothesis of a world-wide illusion is correct.

So let me get this straight:

In your opinion: standing up to America >>> massacring millions of people

That about right?

It's okay to kill people, as long as you stand up to America while you're doing it?

What a ridiculous POV. Why would you even bother posting such drivel here?

Not even going to waste a neg on you.
Reply 19
Original post by Formerly Helpful_C

This website is comprised of so-called 'logical' thinkers, yet people fail to realise how dreadful life in the West truly is. Sodium fluoride, mercury fillings, junk food, faux-health foods, crippling debt, squalid conditions, poor medical care, out-of-control immigration, unacceptable social tension, segregation, rampant disease and a whole host of other issues.

In italics is: what are you talking about?

In bold is: Irony!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending