The Student Room Group

So guys, once rebels beat Assad to death, what do you think will happen?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .eXe
So let me get this straight:

In your opinion: standing up to America >>> massacring millions of people

That about right?

It's okay to kill people, as long as you stand up to America while you're doing it?

What a ridiculous POV. Why would you even bother posting such drivel here?

Not even going to waste a neg on you.

Which of those nations massacred millions of people? The only country in my comment that has killed millions of people is America.

I can't help noticing that you didn't try to challenge any of my list, though. Funny that.

Your 'neg' rep is worthless, so why would you bother? To even include that comment shows how sad you really are.
Reply 21
Original post by zaliack
At least those corrupt leaders are elected by the people, rather than forced upon you.

LMAO!
Listen to yourself
Original post by Fynch101
In italics is: what are you talking about?

In bold is: Irony!

You can do your own research, I don't need to justify anything.

How is the bold ironic?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Formerly Helpful_C
Which of those nations massacred millions of people? The only country in my comment that has killed millions of people is America.

I can't help noticing that you didn't try to challenge any of my list, though. Funny that.

Your 'neg' rep is worthless, so why would you bother? To even include that comment shows how sad you really are.

It's not nations that massacre people, it's the leaders of those nations who promote that stuff. Saddam, Gaddafi, Ahmadinejad, Putin, etc have all played some prominent roles in killing millions of people. If you deny this you're are literally the biggest ignoramus this forum has ever seen. You even admitted that those people have committed atrocities in your first post so don't back track.

Also, I see absolutely no point in challenging each individual nonsense you have posted. I mean get real kid...what's wrong with sodium fluoride? <--did you know radioactive sodium fluoride is actually an important part of PET scanning which is very important in detecting cancer?

And finally, I haven't negged you. All I said was, I won't even bother negging your useless post.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
You can do your own research, I don't need to justify anything.

How is the bold irony?

Well what exactly is the problem with sodium fluoride? Are you at war with western toothpaste?

Bold is irony because the problems are more prevalent in the countries you claim to adore.
Reply 25
I actually support the 'despot' leaders around the world - N.Korea, Iran, Syria, Libya (before last year), Belarus, etc - despite their atrocious human rights abuses. They aren't afraid of standing up to America - that, or my hypothesis of a world-wide illusion is correct.

This website is comprised of so-called 'logical' thinkers, yet people fail to realise how dreadful life in the West truly is. Sodium fluoride, mercury fillings, junk food, faux-health foods, crippling debt, squalid conditions, poor medical care, out-of-control immigration, unacceptable social tension, segregation, rampant disease and a whole host of other issues.

You do realise its not just the western world that has these issues right? and above all we dont have them nearly as badly as countries like DPRK, many collapsing African nations etc.
Reply 26
Blatantly will become another fundementalist islamic state like all the other so called liberal movements for democracy in the middle east. The arab srping is the biggest con going, it's handing secure nation states to radical islamists.

The future is looking very scary.
Reply 27
Original post by prog2djent

The feminists will enjoy their black rags, the LBGT students will enjoy being hanged.

:rofl: What the hell are you talking about. Same-sex sexual activity is already illegal in Syria and the government does not allow for a LGBT rights movement to exist. I don't know what kind of egalitarian utopia you are picturing under Assad, but you need to snap out of it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28
I actually support the 'despot' leaders around the world - N.Korea, Iran, Syria, Libya (before last year), Belarus, etc - despite their atrocious human rights abuses. They aren't afraid of standing up to America - that, or my hypothesis of a world-wide illusion is correct.

This website is comprised of so-called 'logical' thinkers, yet people fail to realise how dreadful life in the West truly is. Sodium fluoride, mercury fillings, junk food, faux-health foods, crippling debt, squalid conditions, poor medical care, out-of-control immigration, unacceptable social tension, segregation, rampant disease and a whole host of other issues.

I remember reading an article a while ago, which basically discussed people like you. You support countries with, as you said, "atrocious human rights abuses" just because they stand up to America? That's just utterly ridiculous.

Also, you seem to be comparing how bad the West is, by comparing it to some mythological ideal. What's wrong with dental hygiene? Junk food isn't bad, it's only when consumed excessively. Although we are in crippling debt, most people in Britain actually have money, and a decent place to live. We have some of the best medical care in the world, so I honestly have no idea where you came up with this (Unless your talking about the medical care of dictators and not the average citizen). Immigrants from where? Oh, that's right, non-Western countrys, I wonder why that is? What unacceptable social tensions are you talking about? The minority of racists in Britain, or the sectarianism violence in Syria? Rampant disease? You mean the diseases that can be easily cured by a antibiotic from your GP? Or do you mean diseases such as heart disease, which despite being prominent in Western countries, we still have higher life expectancy than most countries.

Seriously, just get off the "ooh, the west is so horrible, let's support anyone who goes against them" and start to look at the crisis in Syria as what it is: People unnecessarily dying, and not being given humanitarian support.
Original post by B-Man.
:rofl: What the hell are you talking about you moron. Same-sex sexual activity is already illegal in Syria and the government does not allow for a LGBT rights movement to exist. I don't know what kind of egalitarian utopia you are picturing under Assad, but you need to snap out of it.

maybe he's dreaming that the next leader of syria will be an open islamophobe?
Original post by .eXe
It's not nations that massacre people, it's the leaders of those nations who promote that stuff. Saddam, Gaddafi, Ahmadinejad, Putin, etc have all played some prominent roles in killing millions of people. If you deny this you're are literally the biggest ignoramus this forum has ever seen. You even admitted that those people have committed atrocities in your first post so don't back track.

Reminiscent of many on this website, you have a poor style of debating. Instead of telling me what I'll be and what I should do, tell me why you don't agree. Feel free to challenge my view, rather than inserting pointless comments.

Saddam Hussain, Gaddafi and Putin - Ahmadinejad is, like, the 13th most powerful person in Iran - at least manage(d) to keep control of their country for the most part. When you look at Iraq today, you will be hard pressed to find many people who are better off than when Hussain led. Similar assertions can be made for Libya, where we see discontent along tribal and religious lines. As for Russia, I don't see much happening with them to be concerned about.

Also, I see absolutely no point in challenging each individual nonsense you have posted. I mean get real kid...what's wrong with sodium fluoride? <--did you know radioactive sodium fluoride is actually an important part of PET scanning which is very important in detecting cancer?

What's wrong with sodium fluoride? Do you actually have to ask such a question?

Okay, let's see: fluoride doesn't actually help your teeth at all, it can lead to fluorosis and studies in mainstream peer-reviewed medical journals and government reports now document the fact that serious harms are associated with exposure to small amounts of fluoride - including hip fracture, cancer, and intellectual impairment.

"Medical ethics, morality, economics, legal and political issues have not deterred fluoride promoters in their efforts. Indeed, the problem has been declared a legislative matter, rather than under the jurisdiction of courts of law which might introduce such notions as ethics and reasonableness. The main beneficiaries from fluoride use are the big industries that find a profitable outlet for their otherwise embarrassing toxic byproducts. It is time for change."

"The situation just described characterises the essence of the National Toxicology Program study of the effect of sodium fluoride on rats and mice (NTP Technical Report 1990), except that one set of cancer data showed a statistically significant effect of sodium fluoride in causing cancer-that is, the null hypothesis that fluoride does not cause cancer was rejected. With a very small chance of being wrong, the study showed that sodium fluoride does cause cancer at cumulative doses comparable to those ingested by humans over a number of years."

"The research on fluoride and the brain has been fueled by 18 human studies from China, India, Iran, and Mexico finding elevated levels of fluoride exposure to be associated with IQ deficits in children. Fluoride's impact on IQ is exacerbated among children with low-iodine exposure."

"The impact of fluoride on children's IQ has been documented even after controlling for children's lead exposure, iodine exposure, parental education and income status, and other known factors that might impact the results."

And finally, I haven't negged you. All I said was, I won't even bother negging your useless post.

I know you haven't negged me, I'm capable of actually reading. My comment pertained to the benefits of a neg. Why would you, holder of -4 red bars actually bother negging anyone? Your 'rep' doesn't do anything.
Original post by Fynch101
Well what exactly is the problem with sodium fluoride? Are you at war with western toothpaste?

Bold is irony because the problems are more prevalent in the countries you claim to adore.

Western toothpaste is the cause of nearly all dental problems. Why is it that Africans who live in the bush have better teeth than most people in developed countries? Could it be because of all the poisons, additives, artificial sweeteners and whatever else is included?

I can tell you right now, it has nothing to do with sugar. Although, people who consume a lot of sugar have more dental issues than those with a balanced diet. However, it's not for the reason you would instantly link it to.

The bold wasn't a comparison. Am I not allowed to list the faults of Western nations without people getting upset? These are genuine issues that the West doesn't address.

All I need to say is: Cuba > America when it comes to health care.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Western toothpaste

LOL

As opposed to what? Eastern toothpaste?

Where do you come up with this stuff?
Original post by cl_steele
You do realise its not just the western world that has these issues right? and above all we dont have them nearly as badly as countries like DPRK, many collapsing African nations etc.

You admit, though, that the West has failed to address these issues? As a developed nation, the UK should not be suffering from such basic problems.
Reply 34
Western toothpaste is the cause of nearly all dental problems. Why is it that Africans who live in the bush have better teeth than most people in developed countries? Could it be because of all the poisons, additives, artificial sweeteners and whatever else is included?

I can tell you right now, it has nothing to do with sugar. Although, people who consume a lot of sugar have more dental issues than those with a balanced diet. However, it's not for the reason you would instantly link it to.

The bold wasn't a comparison. Am I not allowed to list the faults of Western nations without people getting upset? These are genuine issues that the West doesn't address.

All I need to say is: Cuba > America when it comes to health care.

Man, some of the points you made earlier were actually valid, but regarding the toothpaste and such, I think you've been watching too many Alex Jones videos.
Reply 35
You admit, though, that the West has failed to address these issues? As a developed nation, the UK should not be suffering from such basic problems.

Everythings relative and relatively speaking we dont really have any of these issues you speak of;
Sodium fluoride - not an issue
mercury fillings - not an issue, if you dont want them you dont have to get them and either way brush your teeth
junk food - the less developed world has the likes of Mcdonalds aswell you know?
faux-health foods - again not an issue
crippling debt - our debts are serviceable, theirs arent so theyre not exactly 'crippling'
squalid conditions - oh please even our ****tiest council estate looks like a mansion compared to the conditions some people in various African and Asian countries have to live in
poor medical care - this barely merits a reply...
out-of-control immigration - as above
unacceptable social tension - I dont see running street battles over social conditions?
segregation - who has been segregated ?:s-smilie:
rampant disease - Hardly? the worst diseases youre likely to encounter in this country is HIV and that is in the severe minority, whilst if you take a jaunt over to DPRC and other similar countries you're liable to the likes of dengee fever, Ebola, WNV and various other nasty afflictions like the assorted haemoragic virus's

In short your little rant doesnt really have a leg to stand on, as i said the west may not be perfect but what is? compared to countless other countries around the world we serve as a becon of how they would wish to live we have a good healthcare system [contrary to what you say], democracy, civil liberties, a good standard of living etc.
Reply 36
Original post by .eXe
LOL

Russian toothpaste is clearly superior to the decadent western toothpaste :wink:
Original post by .eXe
LOL

As opposed to what they use in other areas of the world - be that tooth powder, toothpaste (without fluoride, SLS, etc.) or sticks. Where do I 'come up with this stuff'? It's called reading, you may wish to try it.
Reply 38
As opposed to what they use in other areas of the world - be that tooth powder, toothpaste (without fluoride, SLS, etc.) or sticks. Where do I 'come up with this stuff'? It's called reading, you may wish to try it.

Oh I read just fine. What I don't get is why Western toothpaste has made you a dictator-sympathizer.

What has colgate ever done to you?
Reply 39
Original post by prog2djent
Looks like western media has done its job :rolleyes:

What about all the children killed at the hands of FSA and allied rebels? Hmm? :rolleyes:

You want the dictator to stay? You like him? Yes the rebels arent exactly saints but these dictators have to go. After recent events i dont see assad lasting much longer.

Im not suprised this uprising is happening, you can only keep human rights abuses up for a while eventually people will fight back

Quick Reply