The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7100
Loads of people in my work got to watch Batman tonight due to some early release via Sky or something :sad:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Don't let it get you down. :console: Similar thing happened to me on another forum I browse.

I'll try not to :L It's majorly killed the hype I had going for friday night though. The thing is some of the details are really awesome, and if I had gone in without knowing my mind would have been blown. I hate the internet. This is why we can't have nice things.
Reply 7102
I watched Batman Begins last night. The Dark Knight tonight. :biggrin:

If only that automatically meant I was seeing The Dark Knight Rises tomorrow. :sad:

(Might still be a chance! But it's unlikely, I shouldn't get my hopes up. :p:)
Just saw it (what else could I be talking about :tongue:).

Mind-blowing. Shame some of you guys had it ruined for you though, it truly is brilliant.
Reply 7104
Original post by Abiraleft
I watched Batman Begins last night. The Dark Knight tonight. :biggrin:

If only that automatically meant I was seeing The Dark Knight Rises tomorrow. :sad:

(Might still be a chance! But it's unlikely, I shouldn't get my hopes up. :p:)

Cineworld? They may have some last minute seats :smile: I've never had to book in advance for them and I go there a lot :smile:

YESSS!!! Tomorrow is the night!!!! :woo: :eek3: SOOO excited!!!!

So jealous of the people on Sky though :frown: Although the IMAX will be worth waiting an extra day for :smile:
Saturday night tickets booked :woo:

Not IMAX, but seeing it at Magdalen St. Odeon in Oxford, which is an old refurb theatre, so it's MASSIVE. Plus it's a late showing so hopefully no irritating children.

Dark Knight tonight I think..
Finished Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I am so ready for tomorrow. :jive:
Reply 7107
Just watched Mysterious Skin. My heart is now shattered into little pieces. :frown:
Reply 7108
Original post by Pi!
Just watched Mysterious Skin. My heart is now shattered into little pieces. :frown:

That's a good film
Reply 7109
Has anybody watched The Aggression Scale ? I just have, it was okay. What did you think if you have seen it?
Reply 7110
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Just had the ending of the Dark Knight Rises ruined for me. Some prick shared a picture on facebook that basically explained the entire ending in one sentence. I was so hyped up for friday night as well, I just don't understand why people do this?

That's horrific man =[

I genuinely just typed out a status on Facebook threatening anyone who posts spoilers ahah.
I had the final Harry Potter book ruined for me by a YouTube comment on a completely unrelated video, so I know how you feel man.
21 Jump Street is incredibly funny. So surprising, Channing Tatum has some comedic chops to him. I should've known tbh, he was good on his SNL appearance as well. And Magic Mike is getting very decent reviews.
Original post by Mo-Amin
That's horrific man =[

I genuinely just typed out a status on Facebook threatening anyone who posts spoilers ahah.
I had the final Harry Potter book ruined for me by a YouTube comment on a completely unrelated video, so I know how you feel man.

It seems to happen to me with everything I get excited for :redface: I always end up watching a trailer on youtube or whatever then accidentally reading a spoiler in the comments. I was being really careful with this movie though! Can't believe it still got ruined -.-

Haha, no doubt if I put a status like that one of my 'mates' would go out of their way to look up the ending and comment it:rolleyes:
Reply 7113
The Dark Knight Rises tickets for tomorrow = booked. :smug:

EDIT: Also, just finished watching The Dark Knight again. :h:
Reply 7114
It seems to happen to me with everything I get excited for :redface: I always end up watching a trailer on youtube or whatever then accidentally reading a spoiler in the comments. I was being really careful with this movie though! Can't believe it still got ruined -.-

Haha, no doubt if I put a status like that one of my 'mates' would go out of their way to look up the ending and comment it:rolleyes:

That does completely suck =[

Yeah haha, first comment I got was the incredibly imaginative

Spoiler

I watched 'In The Mood For Love' by Wong Kar-Wei a week ago and it was so good. Beautiful and haunting, everything I could have wanted in a film. Highly recommend it!
Reply 7116
Well I completed my task of watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight today. Liked them both very much, completely different take to what I was used to, Batman Returns being the only other Batman film I'd ever seen!

Good performance by Heath Ledger but certainly not Oscar worthy considering Philip Seymour Hoffman and Josh Brolin were nominated that year. The Academy at it's sentimental best there I'm afraid.

Also, Christian Bale's 'Batman voice' made me cringe every single time he spoke.
Reply 7117
I never had much problem with Bale's voice in Batman tbh :dontknow:
Just got done watching Batman Begins. Good film, but IMO The Dark Knight is so much better. Which one do you guys prefer?
Reply 7119
Just got done watching Batman Begins. Good film, but IMO The Dark Knight is so much better. Which one do you guys prefer?

Dark Knight obviously, but Batman Begins is pretty amazing as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending