The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5320
Original post by AnthonyShock
Hi! :biggrin:

I'm Anthony, I'm from Newcastle-upon-Tyne, and study Psychology at Bangor. I'm applying for medicine this year, uber-excited! That's why I'm on this site (and to see the dramatic peeps panicking like mad :biggrin: )

:biggrin: Tell me about yourself! :smile:

Please don't tell me you're a supporter of *that* black and white team...
Original post by AnthonyShock
Hi! :biggrin:

I'm Anthony, I'm from Newcastle-upon-Tyne, and study Psychology at Bangor. I'm applying for medicine this year, uber-excited! That's why I'm on this site (and to see the dramatic peeps panicking like mad :biggrin: )

:biggrin: Tell me about yourself! :smile:

Aaaah, that awkward moment when someone asks you to tell you about yourself and you're all "OMG WHO AM I WHAT DO I DO" :tongue:

I'm Mike, I'm 23, I'm resitting my final year of a part-time BSc in Molecular Biology whilst working for KCL's neuroscience research department. I like science, metal and goth music, steampunk, craft, baking and sci fi.

(Totally not copied from my blurb on some dating website XD)
I wish this weather would make it's mind up. Believe it or not the other day I actually got sunburnt! Stung like a fish!!!
Hi everyone :smile:

I'm new to this thread, so I thought i'd introduce myself.

I'm Laura, I'm 21 and I'm starting a BA in Criminology at Queens University Belfast in September. I work Part-time for an off-license, quite into keeping fit and pretty much can't wait for the summer to be over to start uni. :biggrin:

Nice to meet all you guys, this thread seems pretty awesome!!
Afternoon people :h:

Original post by The Fez
That's a great joke. I have no life, I can barely walk :cry2:

:console:

Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Aghhhhhh. I think we'll be okay. I pretty much just had a bit of a panic moment and took it out on her and said some stuff I really didnt mean, like I didn't know if it was working etc etc. I just need some space to deal with my stupid head really. I think I'm depressed if I'm honest, the stupid thing with this seems to be that I push people away when I need them most...

Explain everything you've just said to us to your girlfriend, I'm sure she'll understand and you won't lose her.

About the depression, I understand what you mean about seeming to push people away when you need them because I suffered from depression and did the same to a few people. Whatever you do, just try to resist that urge because when you recover (like I did) you realise you've lost a few amazing people in your life (I even lost one of my best friends) which isn't fun :nah: If you wanna talk to me I'm always around :hugs:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5325
Hello all :hi:

I ran for 60 minutes straight today at 7.5mph.

I am delighted :h:

It was probably a one-off, but I want to make that a regular thing. I reckon I could have pushed myself for another half an hour, if it weren't for the fact that I actually have stuff to do today.
Welcome all the new peoples! :biggrin: :woo: :hello:
Original post by thurin

It was probably a one-off, but I want to make that a regular thing. I reckon I could have pushed myself for another half an hour, if it weren't for the fact that I actually have stuff to do today.

Impressive! :awesome:
Curly fries and sausages :excited: :woo:
Original post by ViceVersa
Curly fries and sausages :excited: :woo:

I miss their love child, Turkey Twizzlers. There's nothing quite like that coating... :moon:

Original post by Tortious
I miss their love child, Turkey Twizzlers. There's nothing quite like that coating... :moon:

Indeed :coma:
Original post by dbmag9
Amsterdam is fun. There were lots of hot dudes in my room but they've left now.

Shouldn't have let them leave, Dan. Should've used your ultimate pickup line, "oh hey, does this hanky smell like chloroform to you?"

:wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5332

:coma:

They were awesome.
Original post by Laertes
:coma:

They were awesome.

Do you think they'll be back for 2030 in time for our mid-life crises? :wink:
Original post by thurin

Awesome, congrats! I'm so envious of all my friends going off on their fitness regimes, makes me feel fat and unattractive :tongue: It's not so much that I'm lazy (although that may be a contributory factor), it's mainly that I'm just really limited as to the types of exercise I can do, it stresses me out :frown:

Omg, I loved these. Hot though he may be, I can't forgive Jamie Oliver for their disappearance.

Uhhh :sogood:
Now I'm hungry. :colondollar:

I was always so disappointed at Christmas dinner when the turkey NEVER tasted this good :sad:
Original post by ViceVersa

Explain everything you've just said to us to your girlfriend, I'm sure she'll understand and you won't lose her.

About the depression, I understand what you mean about seeming to push people away when you need them because I suffered from depression and did the same to a few people. Whatever you do, just try to resist that urge because when you recover (like I did) you realise you've lost a few amazing people in your life (I even lost one of my best friends) which isn't fun :nah: If you wanna talk to me I'm always around :hugs:

Thanks mate, that means a lot. I think I'll be okay :smile:
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Thanks mate, that means a lot. I think I'll be okay :smile:

I think you will be too :h:
Reply 5339
I am far too lazy for a fitness regime. That, and I cant even run for the bus without getting out of breath...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S

Latest