The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

:jive:

Reply 7121
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

£4.95 for a student! Can't get anything for less than around £7 down my way. :mad:
Reply 7122

How is this so cheap? :zomg:
In Aberdeen, it's £3.50.
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Just got done watching Batman Begins. Good film, but IMO The Dark Knight is so much better. Which one do you guys prefer?

I watched them both back-to-back a couple of days, regard them as highly as each other. Love the 'birth of Batman' style of Batman Begins but The Joker is such a better villain than Ra's al Ghul.
Reply 7125
I've always preferred Batman Begins tbh, I just loved how gritty and 'real' Gotham was made. As origin stories go, it's fantastic. The fear sequence is phenomenal.
Goes without saying, but watch the spoilers in here guys!! Ahhh. So jelly of all you guys off to see it today. I'm off tomorrow night.

Me and my brother have been doing the Batman voice for a couple of days..

WHERE'S RACHELLLLLL?!?!
BBC News is reporting "many casualties" (the Sydney Morning Herald is reporting 10 fatalities) at a mass shooting at a midnight screening of TDKR in Colorado :frown:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18921492
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7128
Original post by pinkpenguin
Goes without saying, but watch the spoilers in here guys!! Ahhh. So jelly of all you guys off to see it today. I'm off tomorrow night.

Me and my brother have been doing the Batman voice for a couple of days..

WHERE'S RACHELLLLLL?!?!

or when the Joker goes WHERE IS HARVEY DENT? :cool:

:p:

So excited! Sorting out the cab journey for getting back home though since the trains would be closed at 4 in the morning :p:
Reply 7129
Working my way through the Top 250 list out of boredom. Why are most of them so gloomy? I think it's the work of True Art is Angsty trope.
Original post by Pi!
Working my way through the Top 250 list out of boredom. Why are most of them so gloomy? I think it's the work of True Art is Angsty trope.

As Turkish director, Nuri Bilge Ceylan, says, "The only worthwhile subject for a film is melancholy".
The Dark Knight Rises is certainly not perfect and I don't think it's quite on the same level as the second film (maybe that is because feels like a very different film) but it's still a fantastic film! :yep:

A few of the problems I had with audio: I really thought the soundtrack dominated this film too much - the point where it drowned out dialogue, and Bane was perfectly audible in some scenes whilst being completely incomprehensible in other scenes.

As for specific scenes:

Spoiler

Oh and somewhat surprisingly, Man of Steel looks good. It's certainly far removed from that trademark Zack Snyder high stylised filmmaking and it actually looks closer to the way Batman Begins approached Batman. I'm not sure if that's an entirely good thing since Superman is not meant to be a dark, brooding and gritty character but I guess we'll see how it pans out.
question: Did 'Taken' deserve a sequel??
Someone give me something good to watch.

Crime or dark comedy would be rad.
The Dark Knight Rises is certainly not perfect and I don't think it's quite on the same level as the second film (maybe that is because feels like a very different film) but it's still a fantastic film! :yep:

A few of the problems I had with audio: I really thought the soundtrack dominated this film too much - the point where it drowned out dialogue, and Bane was perfectly audible in some scenes whilst being completely incomprehensible in other scenes.

As for specific scenes:

Spoiler

Personally, I think that Heath Ledger was the main reason that the second film was incredible. It's too bad that this is the last instalment of the franchise.
Original post by CurtisDean
Personally, I think that Heath Ledger was the main reason that the second film was incredible. It's too bad that this is the last instalment of the franchise.

Yeah, I'd agree with that and, as good as Bane is, that lack of such a chilling villain presence comes across in this film. I think it's fitting given how the film comes full circle. Nolan always said he wanted this to be a story with a definite beginning, middle and end, like the original Star Wars trilogy and it's achieved that.

I'll keep an open mind though when Warner Bros reboots the franchise but I'm doubtful they will reach the levels that Nolan's interpretation has.
****KKK!! I clicked on the thread - I want to watch Dark Night rises but... and he spoils the whole film for me by saying

Spoiler

ahgggggggggggggggggghhhhh!!!!!!
Original post by CurtisDean
****KKK!! I clicked on the thread - I want to watch Dark Night rises but... and he spoils the whole film for me by saying

Spoiler

ahgggggggggggggggggghhhhh!!!!!!

You're playing it dangerous especially considering you quoted my post up there with spoilers in it. :tongue:

Seems like the thread has been removed. I'm not going to confirm or deny that but I wouldn't worry about it being spoiled for you.
Reply 7139
Original post by concubine
Someone give me something good to watch.

Crime or dark comedy would be rad.

I remember Kiss Kiss Bang Bang being pretty hilarious.

Quick Reply

Latest