The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6220
Original post by bytail
Parents have been nagging them since I was referred, they said I'd hear from them at the beginning of this week. It's a ****ing joke and I really feel like doing something dumb because I can't live like this

The CMHT are different from the crisis team, they do normally take a couple of weeks to get back to you. But, the fact they said they'd contact you days ago is appalling. Its so frustrating having to wait on these people. I know this is far easier said than done, but you just have to keep holding on. Please don't do anything silly, you don't have to live like this, you can get better. :hugs:

Original post by Deyesy
Ums. Well I'm getting referred for counselling :yep: And then I had to fill in some questionnaire to see if I possibly have depression but I was scoring '1's' so I highly doubt that's the case. Though there was a question of wanting to end your life and I don't ever want to do that but an invisibility cloak - like the one off Harry Potter would awesome :h:

I did feel sorry for the guy. He was dumped with; bullying; parental split up - which has lead to me being a fussy eater and my slight OCD in one appointment... :mmm:

Nah, GPs are used to people dumping stuff on them, that's what they're there for! Hope your counselling goes well, any idea how long the waiting list is?

Original post by bullettheory
Oh dear :frown: :hugs: I hope you start to feel more awake soon. Hopefully they got what they deserved. I try not to insult them too much as I don't want to put people off because they work well for some people and they do help, but like you said, when it isn't done properly, it does more damage than good, especially as they are working with people who are already high risk!

Its getting to the point where I am seriously considering caffeine, which is a terrible idea for me. But I spoke to my tutor about my essay and she's made me feel a lot better about it; I only need 30-40% to get through and quite frankly if I don't get that I don't deserve to be in uni!

Yeah, I try and bite my tongue mostly, for the same reasons. And they must do some good work, or they wouldn't still be around. Just sometimes you have to vent!

Are you feeling any better today? How did your meeting with your consultant go?
Original post by bytail
Parents have been nagging them since I was referred, they said I'd hear from them at the beginning of this week. It's a ****ing joke and I really feel like doing something dumb because I can't live like this

ah, that's really annoying yeah :erm: hopefully they do get in touch with you soon though! :hugs: if you need to talk feel free to PM/Skpye btw!

Original post by Sultana
For the first time ever, I actually really want to speak to my care coordinator. But, of course, I now can not get hold of her for love nor money. :sigh:

:hugs: that sucks, there no-one else you can talk to? thread is here if you need to vent or if you wanna chat feel free to message me :smile:
OK, that Denver shooting incident has upset me a bit now. Even though I didn't know anyone involved, it's just very depressing constantly hearing all this bad stuff happening the world, and all the horrible people out there. Just another example of how life is terribly unfair and I sometimes wonder "what's the point"? :sigh:
I'm off to Spain for a week, so I've got my fingers crossed for the sun potentially lifting my mood and the flight not being too stressful. Hope everyone has a good week!
Reply 6224
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
OK, that Denver shooting incident has upset me a bit now. Even though I didn't know anyone involved, it's just very depressing constantly hearing all this bad stuff happening the world, and all the horrible people out there. Just another example of how life is terribly unfair and I sometimes wonder "what's the point"? :sigh:

:jumphug:

:hugs: kinda why I make myself avoid the news sometimes, it is really sad stuff generally, but try not to think too much on it, life can be very unfair but gotta have hope things will work out okay for you in the end!
Original post by avhhs
:jumphug:

Original post by SciFiRory
:hugs: kinda why I make myself avoid the news sometimes, it is really sad stuff generally, but try not to think too much on it, life can be very unfair but gotta have hope things will work out okay for you in the end!

:hugs: Well, I could hardly even avoid it - I first heard it at work today on the radio, which is always on :erm:. Then I ended up somehow reading about it on the Daily Mail site as well. But oh well, I guess it's no use worrying about things I can't change. Just got to concentrate on what I can :yep:

:hugs: Well, I could hardly even avoid it - I first heard it at work today on the radio, which is always on :erm:. Then I ended up somehow reading about it on the Daily Mail site as well. But oh well, I guess it's no use worrying about things I can't change. Just got to concentrate on what I can :yep:

ah, fair enough, yeah, focus on things we can do stuff about and that make us feel okay in our own lives I think is best, be great if we could stop all the bad stuff happening in the world, but sadly life and the universe have other ideas about being complicated :tongue:

I hope you are otherwise doing okay? :hugs:
ah, fair enough, yeah, focus on things we can do stuff about and that make us feel okay in our own lives I think is best, be great if we could stop all the bad stuff happening in the world, but sadly life and the universe have other ideas about being complicated :tongue:

I hope you are otherwise doing okay? :hugs:

Yeah, I'm doing OK'ish. A little better lately now that I have my new job and am finally earn some decent money, although the job itself is awfully boring and stressful, but it'll do for now.

I suppose I get depressed because I have all these high expectations in life, but then constant disappointments happen and it gets me down. But oh well, I must keep reminding myself that things could well be worse, so may as well be thankful for what I have already :yep:

:console: I know how you feel :smile: Loads of bad stuff happens in my country of birth so I often hear bad news too :frown: I usually watch funny things on YouTube/read a good book to take my mind of those things.

And btw, I'm going to start working on the picture :tongue:
Yeah, I'm doing OK'ish. A little better lately now that I have my new job and am finally earn some decent money, although the job itself is awfully boring and stressful, but it'll do for now.

I suppose I get depressed because I have all these high expectations in life, but then constant disappointments happen and it gets me down. But oh well, I must keep reminding myself that things could well be worse, so may as well be thankful for what I have already :yep:

cool, money is always good! hopefully get's less stressful in time or can find something to help you relax at work a bit?

mm, that's okay :hugs: I think we all expect things that don't work out how we want them to in life at times, but yeah gotta find things that are good that happen to focus on!
Reply 6231

:hugs: that sucks, there no-one else you can talk to? thread is here if you need to vent or if you wanna chat feel free to message me :smile:

Thank you! :hugs: It’s just frustrating; she was meant to ring me on Wednesday and every time I try and ring her she’s not available and the receptionist refuses to take a message for me. I don’t really have anyone else, I’d quite like a bit of advice/ impartial opinion from a MH professional about this. Hopefully I’m making a big deal out of nothing but I’m really worrying and I just don’t know what to do.

You alright? What did you get up to camping?
Original post by Sultana
Thank you! :hugs: It’s just frustrating; she was meant to ring me on Wednesday and every time I try and ring her she’s not available and the receptionist refuses to take a message for me. I don’t really have anyone else, I’d quite like a bit of advice/ impartial opinion from a MH professional about this. Hopefully I’m making a big deal out of nothing but I’m really worrying and I just don’t know what to do.

You alright? What did you get up to camping?

ah, that really must be annoying yeah, hopefully they will be about soon for you to talk to then! :hugs:

im okay, had a really nice time camping and stuff, we did lot's of drinking cider, played some games, went to visit a few places as well, all in all a nice enjoyable week with great people for company!
Original post by usycool1
:console: I know how you feel :smile: Loads of bad stuff happens in my country of birth so I often hear bad news too :frown: I usually watch funny things on YouTube/read a good book to take my mind of those things.

And btw, I'm going to start working on the picture :tongue:

Yeah, I've moved off the depressing story now. Just reading about an inflatable Stonehenge coming to London tomorrow - looks so cool and might try and get a bounce on it with my lil sister sometime :biggrin:

I look forward to seeing the picture :smile:

cool, money is always good! hopefully get's less stressful in time or can find something to help you relax at work a bit?

mm, that's okay :hugs: I think we all expect things that don't work out how we want them to in life at times, but yeah gotta find things that are good that happen to focus on!

The thing about work, is that the shifts are 12 hours each at the moment, and then each journey there and back with 2 interchanges on public transport is about 1.5 hours, which leaves me not much time in the day to do much else. Some are overnight as well so I have to change my sleeping pattern significantly to sleep during the day. Thankfully I'm not working every single day the moment, but I'm trying to get my schedule changed a little so it's a bit less stressful.

Another thing that bothers me is that my work involves standing about in the same area for several hours, guarding it from tresspassers. It's so lonely and mind-numbingly boring, and I can't do anything else so I'm just basically alone with my thoughts most of the time. If anyone has any ideas of any games or something I could play by myself in my mind to help pass the time more bearably, that'd be great, haha :p:
Original post by kahinalouise
Thanks, I'm glad you benefited from it, I would feel guilty asking though :colondollar: , I might ask my head of year in September instead about what I should do.

No no no no no. No.

Ask now. I was told a lot of people don't realise that they can get stuff so their applications for disability support get processed around September.

The earlier you find out the more chance of getting it before uni starts.

The thing about work, is that the shifts are 12 hours each at the moment, and then each journey there and back with 2 interchanges on public transport is about 1.5 hours, which leaves me not much time in the day to do much else. Some are overnight as well so I have to change my sleeping pattern significantly to sleep during the day. Thankfully I'm not working every single day the moment, but I'm trying to get my schedule changed a little so it's a bit less stressful.

Another thing that bothers me is that my work involves standing about in the same area for several hours, guarding it from tresspassers. It's so lonely and mind-numbingly boring, and I can't do anything else so I'm just basically alone with my thoughts most of the time. If anyone has any ideas of any games or something I could play by myself in my mind to help pass the time more bearably, that'd be great, haha :p:

that sounds like a lot of work then yeah, hope they pay you well for that!

ah, that does sound really dull yeah, downloading some fun games to your phone might help, angry birds and plants vs zombies I can highly recommend if you have a phone that will play them!
Original post by Anonymous
No no no no no. No.

Ask now. I was told a lot of people don't realise that they can get stuff so their applications for disability support get processed around September.

The earlier you find out the more chance of getting it before uni starts.

oh sorry, I forget to tell you I am applying for 2013, so next September but I promise you I will look into it thanks.
I keep hearing gunshots outside, it's absolutely terrifying me. :afraid: I'm worried any minute that the people shooting are going to burst in and kill me and my girlfriend. She keeps telling me she can only hear the traffic but it doesn't make it any less scary. I know what I hear. :frown:
that sounds like a lot of work then yeah, hope they pay you well for that!

ah, that does sound really dull yeah, downloading some fun games to your phone might help, angry birds and plants vs zombies I can highly recommend if you have a phone that will play them!

I'm not really supposed to be playing on my phone unfortunately, it being work and all :p:. Although I did one shift without getting caught, but don't want to make a habit of it cos people have said that some people have been fired for it, lol.
I'm not really supposed to be playing on my phone unfortunately, it being work and all :p:. Although I did one shift without getting caught, but don't want to make a habit of it cos people have said that some people have been fired for it, lol.

ah, fair enough, be good to find something to do though if you can!

Latest