The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FurryFeet
Nothing yet - feeling very impatient! I know it's only one round, but if they want to offer on 2nd Aug they'll need to hurry up...

I agree!
Reply 3181
vh123 - not sure, think it depends how good they thought the applicants were!
Nothing from 30 Park Place, Apex or Iscoed either.

Only change from Apex is that I'm still under consideration yet a decision was made on 19th July
(edited 11 years ago)
Has anyone here who applied to Reeds Solicitors in Oxford heard anything from them?
Original post by AK10
30 Park Place chambers - interview invites out by email.

Has anyone else heard from 30 Park Place? I haven't heard anything, which is a bit sad because I thought I was definitely in with a chance there.
Reply 3185
30 Park Place invites out by email this afternoon.
Reply 3186
I got asked at the end of my 2nd round "is it OK if we contact you by email?"

Pupillage offers are never made by email, right?
Original post by andymt
I got asked at the end of my 2nd round "is it OK if we contact you by email?"

Pupillage offers are never made by email, right?

One of mine was. It can vary.
Reply 3188
Well I checked out the 2011 thread and offers were made by telephone. So I reckon the panel were putting me out of my misery. That's actually quite nice of them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3189
Iscoed interview invites sent out by e-mail on the 19th July
Original post by andymt
Well I checked out the 2011 thread and offers were made by telephone. So I reckon the panel were putting me out of my misery. That's actually quite nice of them.

Don't be so pessimistic. They might try to contact you by phone and not get an answer. Some chambers don't like leaving messages, so they're just checking that you will be monitoring your emails regularly when/if an offer comes through.

Chin up andymt, confidence and hope will help you through.
Original post by andymt

Which chambers was this? I know plenty of chambers give offers by email - you never know andymt!
Original post by InnerTemple
Has anyone here who applied to Reeds Solicitors in Oxford heard anything from them?

Hi InnerTemple
I applied as well but I've not heard anything except for an acknowledgement email. Good to see I'm not the only one in the dark!
Original post by lulu_dudette
Hi InnerTemple
I applied as well but I've not heard anything except for an acknowledgement email. Good to see I'm not the only one in the dark!

Huzzah!

I am rather concerned, since the pupillage is to start in August of this year. I did have the awful feeling that they may have someone in mind already and are just advertising to follow the formalities etc.

We shall see - good luck!
Original post by InnerTemple
Huzzah!

I am rather concerned, since the pupillage is to start in August of this year. I did have the awful feeling that they may have someone in mind already and are just advertising to follow the formalities etc.

We shall see - good luck!

On the portal it said October 2013..... I'm sure of it. Plus I put it on the email I sent with my application attached.

But yeah let's just wait and see!
lulu_dudette
On the portal it said October 2013..... I'm sure of it. Plus I put it on the email I sent with my application attached.

I think you are right. I remember getting confused about this before. On portal it says 2013:

Pupillage Portal-182325.png

However when looking at chambers info, it states August 2012:

Pupillage Portal-182554.png

I came to the conclusion that chambers info was incorrect, possibly a sloppy copy and paste job.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by andymt

Even if they made offers by phone last year things can vary from year to year as the members of the Pupillage Committee/the person with responsibility for telling candidates changes. As the others have said, don't make assumptions :smile:
Original post by NWG
Iscoed interview invites sent out by e-mail on the 19th July

Thanks for the update - another silent rejection :rolleyes:
Original post by Talosman
rejection from APEX by email - portal also updated with rejection......

Sorry to hear that :frown: I've not heard anything, so I will give them a call next week.

Apparently Iscoed interview invitations are out now.

Still nothing from Angel?
Does anyone know whether Field Court Chambers do one or two rounds of interview?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest