The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrozenCharlotte
Go for it! I'd say.."bring out the big guns"..but the wording might be awfully misinterpreted :rofl2:

And good morning, colorful lot :smile:

:ditto:

Best of luck!

---

Morning. :wavey: Phone interview in 10 minutes. :awesome:
Original post by Tortious
Phone interview in 10 minutes. :awesome:

G'luck!

Best of luck!

---

=O! Have you passed their psych evaluation yet? xD And good luck! :wink:

Best of luck!

---

Good luck! You'll be awesome :lovehug:
Original post by ViceVersa
G'luck!

Original post by cpdavis
Good luck! You'll be awesome :lovehug:

Cheers guys - definitely needed it!

=O! Have you passed their psych evaluation yet? xD And good luck! :wink:

Heh, this is a different firm entirely, although their questions were as gruelling. Anyone care to shed light on what the Bank of England could do in the wake of the LIBOR scandal to encourage fair pay for bankers, kickstart the UK economy and ensure that banks act responsibly? Don't all shout out at once!

I did the test for the other firm yesterday and it was a lot tougher than everyone else's - it's the worst one I've ever done.

A lot of the questions were worded like this:

:afraid:

Anyone care to shed light on what the Bank of England could do in the wake of the LIBOR scandal to encourage fair pay for bankers, kickstart the UK economy and ensure that banks act responsibly? Don't all shout out at once!
:afraid:

Grow their own unicorns and find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :yes:
Grow their own unicorns and find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :yes:

:rofl:

I wish I'd said that - at least it'd make the interviewer laugh!
x

How did it go then? :h:
Original post by ViceVersa
How did it go then? :h:

As with most traumatic experiences, it was mostly a blur! :p: Having said that, the irony wasn't lost on me when she asked, at the end, how I deal with pressurised situations (and I told her that exposure to them is the best way!). :wink:

Slightly more amusing post.
Urgh. I'm such an idiot. When i got to the station this morning I went to top up my Oyster card and discovered that my debit card wasn't in my wallet, nor was it in my bag, pockets or Oyster card wallet. The moment I got home from work I searched everywhere, and it's no where to be found. The last time I used it was Friday afternoon at the self-checkout at the supermarket; I wonder if I just left it sticking out of the PIN pad when I walked off or something >< Sounds like the kind of ridiculously stupid thing I'd do.

Ah well. Online banking doesn't show any payments going out that I didn't make, so it's probably fine. Stopped the card and requested another one now.
Hello all. Back from Köln with horrific sunburn, peanut flavoured Wotsits and a souvenir beer bottle. Everyone in England seems so miserable by comparison. I hate the post-holiday slump.
What I love about the sun, all the hot people show off their bodies :sexface:
Original post by cpdavis

That's all I like about The Sun, too.
Original post by cpdavis

:mmm:

:mmm:

it's like walking through Streatham :teehee:
Original post by Revd. Mike
Urgh. I'm such an idiot. When i got to the station this morning I went to top up my Oyster card and discovered that my debit card wasn't in my wallet, nor was it in my bag, pockets or Oyster card wallet. The moment I got home from work I searched everywhere, and it's no where to be found. The last time I used it was Friday afternoon at the self-checkout at the supermarket; I wonder if I just left it sticking out of the PIN pad when I walked off or something >< Sounds like the kind of ridiculously stupid thing I'd do.

Ah well. Online banking doesn't show any payments going out that I didn't make, so it's probably fine. Stopped the card and requested another one now.

Similar to what happened to me on Thursday except it was my wallet and it had EVERYTHING in it (and I don't live in London or a big city so no Oyster card/Metro card for me!) went to a Tesco express whilst on a walk, then when I was trying to pay for some groceries at ASDA I realise it's missing. Had to run all the way back to Tesco express. Luckily one member of staff had it and nothing was missing.
Back from kayak surfing! It was super fun, even though the sea was flat calm for two of the days :biggrin:
Reply 5497
Original post by Revd. Mike

I don't know which supermarket you used, but here at Asda, all checkouts (including the self scan ones) don't finish the transaction until you remove the card from the PIN pad. However, saying that, it would actually be really easy to just walk off from a self scan heh. I've seen plenty people do it, too
Original post by cpdavis

Or THIS happens

Spoiler

The person would have to be unthinkably hot in order to neutralize the effects of this....thing :afraid:
Reply 5499
It's always 40 year old men or chavs that are the first to strip. Fact.

Latest