The Student Room Group

Better role model: Katie Price or Kate Middleton

Poll

Better role model?

Who is a better role model for young people? Katie Price, a self-made woman, or Kate Middleton, whose status and wealth gained from marriage?

Scroll to see replies

I said katie price, she earned her money through hard work. Nothing aginst middleton, but she didn't.

Although it is like comparing robbery to pick pocketing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Kate Middleton is a much more respectable person. She's demure and classy. Katie Price is utterly vacuous.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Neither actually has a real job, one flashes her tits for money and the other doesn't work. Tough choice between these two.
Neither, what have either of them done to deserve the title of 'role model'?

One gets her ginormous tits out for money, and is a blight on our country, and the other married someone who happened to be a member of the royal family. Neither are particularly things worthy of note.
Price. Whether you like her or not, she's a very good business woman
Reply 6
Kate Middleton - If a girls gonna make a living hoaring herself out at least she can do it with a bit of class.

Edit: Perhaps I am being slightly harsh but at the end of the day I'd prefer a girl with a bit of class who didn't wear trashy outfits, run through multiple marriages and expose every aspect of her personal self for 'fame'.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by mikoe
Who is a better role model for young people? Katie Price, a self-made woman, or Kate Middleton, whose status and wealth gained from marriage?

Self-made? I think you'll find it was plastic surgeons who made her.
Reply 8
I think Price is better too. If they were men, one who had married the 2nd in line to the throne (already financially very stable with a rich family without having worked much if at all), and the other was a self-made businessman, who started out with nothing, people would automatically think the businessman was a better role model.
hahaha i'd rather die than follow either. These women however...

Sophie_Scholl.jpg
11129644_9554.jpg

yeah that's it neg Sophie Scholl! Does that mean you'd rep Hitler?
(edited 11 years ago)
Actually an interesting question, my first instinct was "Kate Middleton of course" but then I stopped to think.

Well Katie Price is a self made success story who is clearly a very good business woman who has had to deal with the difficulty of raising a disabled child wh she clearly loves very much and is devoted to (for example her trying to start up a free school for disabled children as they're closing down the one Harvey goes to).

On the negative side she has had huge amounts of plastic surgery and flaunts this in public thus possibly contributing to the warped of what is a "normal" body that young girls today have and the foundation of her business empire is that she is willing to take her clothes of in public.

Kate Middle ton is a nice, well brought up and elegant young woman who dresses well and has stepped into a very difficult role astonishingly well.

However her status comes solely from having married a prince and with her increasingly thin frame she is not helping to give young girls a balanced view of what is beautiful either.

However of the two probably for girls I'd say Katie Price is a better role model, but she's not a perfect one. Neither of them are really.

If you're looking for better role models for young girls I'd say Jessica Ennis and Adele would fit the bill.
Neither, ones a plastic slag and the other a rich girl who married a prince.
Reply 12
Middleton, but I would not call either role models
Original post by mikoe

Are you stupid? Katie Price shows off her fake boobs to anyone who will look for money. She has surgery after surgery because she's not happy with her boobs, even though they were fine before. Do you think that's a good example for young girls? She's not a self-made business woman; she just realised the majority of straight men like blonde women with big boobs (which any idiot knows) and she capitalises on that.

Price got engaged to some guy after about 2 weeks of dating him. Is that a good example to set? She constantly goes on TV to show off her life in What Katie Did Next to grab even more media attention and money. Is that a good example to set?

Kate Middleton is beautiful and happy the way she is; she doesn't need surgery and reality TV to feel good about herself. She is dignified and just wants to be a normal person. She goes shopping with her husband in normal places, does normal things like going to normal cinemas where the public go, and wears normal clothes like jeans and nice tops; not a mini skirt and a top so low cut everyone can see her bust like Katie Price. She tries to be a normal person despite her royalty; she doesn't feel the need to show off the fact she's famous and she doesn't try to be someone she's not like Price does.

Kate Middleton is a wonderful role model and I wish her and William all the best.
(edited 11 years ago)
I went Kate Middleton, although I'd echo what a lot of others have said - neither of them are particularly good role models.

I don't understand all this 'Katie Price is a top business woman' talk, though. Admittedly, she made her fortune herself, but I'd hardly put that down to her business skills. She started off as a page 3 girl and then continuously underwent plastic surgery to improve her modelling career and no doubt publicity. She proceeded to doing some sub-standard tv shows, married Peter Andre, wrote a couple of dodgy books and started a reality TV series. All I see is that she has exploited the celebrity culture that's emerged in the British population.
Depends whether you value marrying the right person over working for your money.
Niether, One is famous for marrying a prince, the other for getting her tits out. JK Rowling, Michelle Mone etc are strong female role models
Reply 17
There was a thread recently regarding why so many people hate on Cheryl Cole, but adore Kate Middleton. This is sort of similar, in a way - although people dislike Katie Price for getting her tits out and not writing her own novels, etc., at least she has worked to get herself where she is today, much like Cheryl has. Kate Middleton seems to have done nothing of worth in her entire life save for going to university, marrying the future monarch and watching the tennis at Wimbledon. Now there might be more that she's doing behind the scenes that I have no idea about, and I know she worked part time for her parents' company (designing the website page?) but to have reached 30 years old and to have done - to put it bluntly - **** all, I don't see the reason why people fawn over her. When people say they prefer Middleton because she has 'class' and doesn't dress like a slut, I just have to roll my eyes. Is this what it's come to? Preferring people not because of what they've achieved, but how they dress?

If I had a daughter, I wouldn't like her to look up to either of them, to be honest. That said, I think Price is marginally better, if only because she has some sort of work ethic.
Original post by Historophilia
Actually an interesting question, my first instinct was "Kate Middleton of course" but then I stopped to think.

Well Katie Price is a self made success story who is clearly a very good business woman who has had to deal with the difficulty of raising a disabled child wh she clearly loves very much and is devoted to (for example her trying to start up a free school for disabled children as they're closing down the one Harvey goes to).

On the negative side she has had huge amounts of plastic surgery and flaunts this in public thus possibly contributing to the warped of what is a "normal" body that young girls today have and the foundation of her business empire is that she is willing to take her clothes of in public.

Kate Middle ton is a nice, well brought up and elegant young woman who dresses well and has stepped into a very difficult role astonishingly well.

However her status comes solely from having married a prince and with her increasingly thin frame she is not helping to give young girls a balanced view of what is beautiful either.

However of the two probably for girls I'd say Katie Price is a better role model, but she's not a perfect one. Neither of them are really.

If you're looking for better role models for young girls I'd say Jessica Ennis and Adele would fit the bill.

What makes Adele a good role model?
Reply 19
My role model is Mrs. Thatcher. But from them two; Middleton.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending