The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Accommodation at Strathclyde University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by alaska.
Did they give any reason why they forget to send it to your email adress? I was told to check my mails but haven't received sth. so far. Okay, maybe I am a bit inpatient, but I just worry I get end up somewhere I don't want to.

Where is it you don't want to go?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 241
Original post by steph.b
Where is it you don't want to go?

Off-campus or somewhere over 90 pounds :/. My brother wants to start studying as well next year, and there won't be enough money to finance those ensuite ones.

Oh well, looks like they decide by the end of this week. If not, I know at least that they have my correct email address!
Reply 242
Original post by alaska.
Off-campus or somewhere over 90 pounds :/. My brother wants to start studying as well next year, and there won't be enough money to finance those ensuite ones.

Oh well, looks like they decide by the end of this week. If not, I know at least that they have my correct email address!

The only one being off-campus and not being for families or couples is Andrew Ure and I don't think they'll put you there because that accomodation is for 52 weeks so till next September!

And there are plenty of rooms at Birkbeck and those cheaper than 90 pounds so I wouldn't worry about that that much!
Reply 243
EU citizens don't need any kind of a visa, do they? And how do we prove that we are not a "burden"? : D
Original post by Lotfil
EU citizens don't need any kind of a visa, do they? And how do we prove that we are not a "burden"? : D

1. No, they don't.
2. By having EU citizenship
Reply 245
Thank you, mr Finn ;]
Reply 246
Original post by Lotfil
Thank you, mr Finn ;]

She's a girl! ^^

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Original post by Lotfil
Thank you, mr Finn ;]

Original post by steph.b
She's a girl! ^^

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000

:ninja:
Reply 248
well hello then : ) Miss or mrs? : D
u guys and ladies got any cool websites for cheap flights? already bought a two-way ticket so that I could come home for christmas but not really sure how to get back to glasgow,tickets are kinda expensive with all those olympic games and stuff
Reply 249
Finally!! Received my place at Thomas Campbell Court :yes: :h:
But do you guys have any idea if you can extend the deadline for replying?? I am on holiday in the Netherlands and sending everything from the dutch campside would be rather akward :/

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Original post by alaska.
But do you guys have any idea if you can extend the deadline for replying?? I am on holiday in the Netherlands and sending everything from the dutch campside would be rather akward :/

Discuss with the office, they will know better than anyone here. Unless they work there.
Reply 251
Original post by Lotfil
well hello then : ) Miss or mrs? : D
u guys and ladies got any cool websites for cheap flights? already bought a two-way ticket so that I could come home for christmas but not really sure how to get back to glasgow,tickets are kinda expensive with all those olympic games and stuff

I went to Glasgow in June and travelled with RyanAir to Edinburgh and took the bus to Glasgow, it takes a little while, but it is not that expensive!
Reply 252
Original post by alaska.

I'm so happy for you! I still haven't got my status updated... I'm freaking... -.-
Reply 253
Original post by FinnLassie
Discuss with the office, they will know better than anyone here. Unless they work there.

I did send an email. Would have been good to know if somebody encoutered a similar situation though and could extend it.

Reply 254
Original post by steph.b
I'm so happy for you! I still haven't got my status updated... I'm freaking... -.-

Don't worry, as long as you meet the conditions they can't take it away from you :smile: (stupid advice, I know :/) just try to keep yourself busy. Helps me a lot :smile:

Reply 255
Original post by alaska.
Don't worry, as long as you meet the conditions they can't take it away from you :smile: (stupid advice, I know :/) just try to keep yourself busy. Helps me a lot :smile:

Well, I am at work now, but it's my only thought allday long... :/
Original post by alaska.
I did send an email. Would have been good to know if somebody encoutered a similar situation though and could extend it.

Well, I e-mailed the office about my agreement and said that it might be delayed as it's coming from abroad. They were ok with it. I honestly think they are understandable about situations like these.
Got my accommodation offer today! By the way, does anybody know the difference between Chancellors and James Young halls? If any?
Original post by Alice_strt
Got my accommodation offer today! By the way, does anybody know the difference between Chancellors and James Young halls? If any?

By the outlooks there doesn't seem to be much difference, but sorry that's all I know and it's completely based on what I see at the uni accommodation website. Where did you get into? :smile:
Original post by FinnLassie
By the outlooks there doesn't seem to be much difference, but sorry that's all I know and it's completely based on what I see at the uni accommodation website. Where did you get into? :smile:

James Young, but really honestly wanted James Goold much more. I mean, for the same price why not have better. Plus, now I started reading about Chancellors being renovated or something like that and it makes me more upset, that I might have got the worst of the best.

I have been to other students accommodations in different countries, I just think that what makes me want to have James Goold is that I visid my friends there about five years ago and it was amazing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending