The Student Room Group

Finding muscular men attractive?

This one is more for the women: do you find muscular men attractive? For me, its been very rare when i have saw someone or been attracted to someone because they have "muscles." Its not really a "must have" for me. I personally dont like men who are too muscular but its okay if have a bit of muscle. I don't like too skinny guys either..

What is your opinion upon this question?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Jammie_x
This one is more for the women: do you find muscular men attractive? For me, its been very rare when i have saw someone or been attracted to someone because they have "muscles." Its not really a "must have" for me. I personally dont like men who are too muscular but its okay if have a bit of muscle. I don't like too skinny guys either..

Off course most people don't like extremely muscular men. But are you not attracted to someone with this type of body

They like muscles as long as the guy doesn't look just fat. Like if they are tall and muscular that's OK, but short and wide looks bad.
Reply 3
Ryan Gosling is a cool guy. I wouldn't mind having a pint with him.
Original post by Fresh Prince of
They like muscles as long as the guy doesn't look just fat. Like if they are tall and muscular that's OK, but short and wide looks bad.

Or presumably, they wouldn't like something like this:

His arms look like that pink slime stuff that caused a recent controversy

Besides, I thought that most women would like something like this?

Original post by de_monies

he's fat pretty much
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Muscular is beautiful. I'd rather have someone who is muscly/a bit bigger(fatter) than a skinny guy.
Reply 7
It isn't a must have, I'm attracted to average/skinny as well. Muscle is a bonus (which I would rather they had). I'm not so attracted to like body builder muscle though, bit much.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8
Im a bodybuilder so I like big muscled men
Reply 9
Original post by de_monies

Besides, I thought that most women would like something like this?

having some muscle can make someone more attractive but even the second picture here has more muscle than I would really like.

edit: or maybe he has a lower body fat making the muscles stand out more than I would like since he doesn't look actually that big
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by boba
having some muscle can make someone more attractive but even the second picture here has more muscle than I would really like.

edit: or maybe he has a lower body fat making the muscles stand out more than I would like since he doesn't look actually that big

The tan, oil, body fat percentage and hair-free skin all have a part to play in making the muscles look bigger. Plus lighting. I wouldn't describe him as big at all, muscular but not big. That physique would still take a while to get though.
Reply 11
Interesting posts so far
Reply 12
Original post by Wilfred Little
The tan, oil, body fat percentage and hair-free skin all have a part to play in making the muscles look bigger. Plus lighting. I wouldn't describe him as big at all, muscular but not big. That physique would still take a while to get though.

fair enough I assume you know more about it than me, since you sound like you know something at all which I don't :tongue:
still more muscular than I would prefer then.
Original post by boba

most guys who lift would have higher bodyfat than that, probably more typical of a rugby player or something.
Reply 14
Original post by Wilfred Little

There's also the good ol' photoshop.

The physique would take a while, but, depending on your genetics and what you're doing, it could take less.
Reply 15
Original post by Fresh Prince of

I haven't seen anyone who's short and wide, if I'm going to be honest.

How about short and muscular?
I'm not really all that bothered as long as he doesn't look like he goes to the gym everyday. A few times a week would be fine (e.g. 3 or 4), but I don't want to be competing with a set of weights for his affection.
Reply 17
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
most guys who lift would have higher bodyfat than that, probably more typical of a rugby player or something.

yeah to be honest I think I would find the body of the average guy who lifts but isn't to big than that guys body. I find how pronounced his "V" is kinda creepy to be honest and I'm guessing thats a body fat thing?
as long as I don't undergo asphyxiation if I want a hug, s'all good in the hood :smile:
Original post by Jammie_x

Yep. I like tall and slim but with some muscle. Nothing like a bodybuilder or even close, and even having defined muscles like a six-pack isn't more attractive to me than just having a generally muscular build. Big guns is a turn on, whereas having a six pack means they spend too much time in the gym or that they try too hard, not that they're actually built or strong.

But that's just me and my specificity. It's not a must have, but rather a big bonus, and I'm more likely to be attracted to a skinny guy than a giant.

Quick Reply

Latest