The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cartwright court...Sinks in rooms???

Hey, so i'm in cartwright court for september...

On the website on the 360degree pictures the rooms have sinks in them, and a shared bathroom. But in just the photos area i cant seem to see a sink :frown:....does any one know if its just some that have them in or....?

Also does anyone have experience with how is it with a shared bathroom between two?!

thanks!!!
Reply 1
Hey :smile:

I am staying in Cartwright Court over the summer and can confirm there is a sink in each room (at least in the flats - sorry I don't know about the houses as I've never been inside!)

The bathroom is in the middle of two rooms with access from both rooms - your key will lock the other person's bathroom door while you're using it and you need to leave the key in the lock (so no danger of people going out and forgetting to unlock your bathroom door, which I was quite worried about!)

When in your room there is a bolt you put across to prevent access to your room from the bathroom.

Hope this helps :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by magic_box
Hey :smile:

I am staying in Cartwright Court over the summer and can confirm there is a sink in each room (at least in the flats - sorry I don't know about the houses as I've never been inside!)

The bathroom is in the middle of two rooms with access from both rooms - your key will lock the other person's bathroom door while you're using it and you need to leave the key in the lock (so no danger of people going out and forgetting to unlock your bathroom door, which I was quite worried about!)

When in your room there is a bolt you put across to prevent access to your room from the bathroom.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks so much !!!! what are the rooms like in general??

Is the desk quite large or small? and are the beds really bad...as in i'll be needing a matress protector?

and how are the bathrooms in general too...are they ok, is it just a shower and toilet?!

Thank u sooooooo much you're super helpful! :smile: :smile: :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by wildeoneify
Thanks so much !!!! what are the rooms like in general??

Is the desk quite large or small? and are the beds really bad...as in i'll be needing a matress protector?

and how are the bathrooms in general too...are they ok, is it just a shower and toilet?!

Hehe no problem :smile:

I think the rooms are pretty good, I was in Colum Hall in first year and I think my room in Cartwright Court is bigger and better laid out overall.
My desk is very big as my room is on the end, in other rooms it is still a good size, definitely big enough for computer/printer/folders etc with some space to spare. I have a small TV on my desk as well.

The bed is really comfy actually, thick mattress - only thing I would say is that my mattress is kind of shiny which makes the sheet come out all the time so maybe a mattress protector would be a good idea but you don't need to have one, I just find the sheet issue annoying personally!

Bathroom is just a toilet and shower over a bath which is nice, then the sink in your own room :smile:

Edit: Though I'd add that the kitchen is a very good size, plenty of space and a good communal space with a big table!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by magic_box
Hehe no problem :smile:

I think the rooms are pretty good, I was in Colum Hall in first year and I think my room in Cartwright Court is bigger and better laid out overall.
My desk is very big as my room is on the end, in other rooms it is still a good size, definitely big enough for computer/printer/folders etc with some space to spare. I have a small TV on my desk as well.

The bed is really comfy actually, thick mattress - only thing I would say is that my mattress is kind of shiny which makes the sheet come out all the time so maybe a mattress protector would be a good idea but you don't need to have one, I just find the sheet issue annoying personally!

Bathroom is just a toilet and shower over a bath which is nice, then the sink in your own room :smile:

Edit: Though I'd add that the kitchen is a very good size, plenty of space and a good communal space with a big table!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! do you know if all the room have full sized mirrors also? thank u you're so helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending