The Student Room Group

Checking out your EX lover on Facebook...

I've been separated from my former for 2 years yet cannot stop checking his Facebook profile. Sometimes i end up getting hurt real bad when I see that they're happy with somebody else. :mad:#

My EX ended is badly via Facebook. Never giving me a chance to say goodbye. Nothing. He even accepted money and a card of me the last time he saw me :angry:.

He never said thank you for either as well :frown:

Am i the only person who can't help but do this? I know it's not healthy but cannot help my interest:frown:

I think it's effected me more because it ended as soon as he found somebody else. Then acted like he never knew me..
Reply 1
Original post by Lilahx
I've been separated from my former for 2 years yet cannot stop checking his Facebook profile. Sometimes i end up getting hurt real bad when I see that they're happy with somebody else. :mad:#

My EX ended is badly via Facebook. Never giving me a chance to say goodbye. Nothing. He even accepted money and a card of me the last time he saw me :angry:.

He never said thank you for either as well :frown:

Am i the only person who can't help but do this? I know it's not healthy but cannot help my interest:frown:

I think it's effected me more because it ended as soon as he found somebody else. Then acted like he never knew me..

Try not to be too hard on yourself. It is so natural to feel that way and it can be a mighty hard one to work through, to come to terms with and move on. I suffered so much in the past. Personally I found it so cruel and unhelpful when I did not get any sense of closure from the other person. Very all-consuming and stressful dilemma of a situation. Although part of me will remain scarred, it is part of a life lived bravely and fully. Rest assured, the phoenix within rises again eventually and joy will fill the heart again. Don't be tempted to hide yourself away from the social scene. There are better guys out there waiting to meet you.
Reply 2
Get off facebook and have some fun and take loads of pics and post them on facebook to show him how much better you are without him
Speaking from experience the best thing to do is to just resist temptation and don't go on it, maybe block updates from the person so you don't see all the pictures / status' etc. Facebook always exacerbates things into a bigger deal than they actually are which is hurting you.

If you can't resist the urge then maybe just start a fresh and remove him? People may say it's immature or whatever, but there's no point putting yourself through seeing what he's doing all the time if it's genuinely hurting you.
Reply 4
unsuscribe to him.
Reply 5
Delete him is the best advice I can give you. I've been there and believe me it's the only way, otherwise you'll always be tempted.
Reply 6
Out of sight, out of mind. Remove/unsubscribe him.
Reply 7
Original post by Smiile
Get off facebook and have some fun and take loads of pics and post them on facebook to show him how much better you are without him

Don't get me started on how annoying (and obvious) Facebook whores are. Lots of photos and status updates just screams insecurity; he'll see right through the façade.
(edited 11 years ago)
Simply delete him from your FB friends.
Reply 9
I understand completely how you feel.. its alot harder to just delete/block this person because at one time this person meant alot to you.. and perhaps you don't speak anymore, but Facebook is the only thing you can perhaps get glimpse on how his life is going - secretly hoping because you feel ****.. that you know, in a way, you hope they do too.. and Facebook lets you see in on this.. Its even harder when you cant talk to that person and they treat you like your nothing.. When you have been given no answers either, it makes your mind ponder on what exactly did you do wrong.. whether it was his fault, why did he move on so quickly - so many answers needing answering but never do..

I guess it does take time to get over somebody - you can spend a whole day with friends, have a great time not think about him but when back at home alone, thats when your mind thinks again..

The only thing I can say is it just takes time to move on from somebody.. You obviously cared about this person an awful lot and they just chewed you up and spit it out. Look at it this way - the fact you split up means that you will find somebody else, somebody who your more compatiable with, someone who will actually not do this to you.. Someone who will make you VERY VERY happy. Try and de-activate your facebook and go out there and have some fun.. :smile: your young and you only have one life, get a job, take a hobbie - where you can perhaps meet new people.. you will be surprised on who exactly you might meet.. :smile:
As others have said already, the best option is to just delete him.
Reply 11
Original post by mc1000
Don't get me started on how annoying (and obvious) Facebook whores are. Lots of photos and status updates just screams insecurity; he'll see right through the façade.

Maybe not if they broke up 2 years ago. I dont mean loads of photos just a pic here and there instead of 10 pictures every night you go out in different poses :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending