The Student Room Group

Problem With Steelseries 7G

Basically, bought a new Steelseries 7G since I wanted a mechanical keyboard. However when I plug it in via USB it does not work, it shows something along the lines of 'generic USB hub', and doesn't respond apart from that. Anyone have any ideas what's going on? :/
Reply 1
Moved to general Tech. I think you'll usually be more likely to get a response in here than in Gaming to hardware/peripheral queries :smile:
Reply 2
The USB on the end of the wire is for the inbuilt USB hub. You'll have to use either the PS/2 connector or use the PS/2 to USB adaptor in the box to use the keybaord via USB.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Repressor
The USB on the end of the wire is for the inbuilt USB hub. You'll have to use either the PS/2 connector or use the PS/2 to USB adaptor in the box to use the keybaord via USB.

Inbuilt USB hub? Atm I'm away from home with only my laptop so I tried connecting it via the Keyboard USB cable which the laptop didn't read, the laptop doesn't have a PS/2 connector so I guess I'll have to wait till i'm home. >.< Thanks. Also, it didn't come with an adaptor? Should it have? :/
Reply 4
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Inbuilt USB hub? Atm I'm away from home with only my laptop so I tried connecting it via the Keyboard USB cable which the laptop didn't read, the laptop doesn't have a PS/2 connector so I guess I'll have to wait till i'm home. >.< Thanks. Also, it didn't come with an adaptor? Should it have? :/

I'm 100% sure. It even says on their website...
Reply 5
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

think about downloading the latest driver for your system from their website
Original post by Repressor
I'm 100% sure. It even says on their website...

Thanks for the help, I'll check it out on my PC and get back to you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending