The Student Room Group

Finding muscular men attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by QwentyJ
Apologies if this sounds rather cumbersome, but is this because muscular men would be more appreciative of you because you undergo a similar lifestyle to them or just plainly because you like muscular men anyway? I'd classify myself as....pretty damn average (I play sports fairly regularly, keep myself fit, etc.) but I don't think I'd have a problem dating a woman who was fitter than I. Again, sorry for going slightly OT.

Both, I think a guy who had a similar lifestyle would be more understanding of my diet and workout routine and not get funny about it. Also I think it would look odd if I had bigger muscles than my boyfriend! I dont find skinny-ness attractive in either sex.
Original post by ct2k7
Considering I'm 5'2", I still look proportional.

I was going to say, but since you're that height they probably aren't as small as some people are making out. Mine are 16" at 5ft 8" and they don't look huge by any stretch of the imagination.
Most people that like exercise and taking care of their body will also be attracted to people that do the same...

As someone that exercises for more than 6 > hours a week, its not surprise that I'm attracted to women that exercise too..
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
I was going to say, but since you're that height they probably aren't as small as some people are making out. Mine are 16" at 5ft 8" and they don't look huge by any stretch of the imagination.

16 at 5'8 is pretty sizable. Zyzz was rocking 17's at 6'1.
Reply 165
Original post by stayce88
Both, I think a guy who had a similar lifestyle would be more understanding of my diet and workout routine and not get funny about it. Also I think it would look odd if I had bigger muscles than my boyfriend! I dont find skinny-ness attractive in either sex.

Hmm, I still think that's a hard task to ask from most men in this day and age. Most men would be either intimidated or put off by a women bigger/taller than them and it probably works the other way round too (not that I agree with it). What would you define as skinny?
Not muscular as such, I really dislike the defined body builder look, where the body looks plastic with its six pack and hard pecks.

But what I do find attractive is wide shoulders, and strong arms. I don't care about really defined muscles, in fact, it turns me off.
Reply 167
Original post by QwentyJ
Hmm, I still think that's a hard task to ask from most men in this day and age. Most men would be either intimidated or put off by a women bigger/taller than them and it probably works the other way round too (not that I agree with it). What would you define as skinny?

Which is probably why ive been single for nearly 2 years, but I dont really care, means I have more time to spend on my phys.
Im not big or tall im 5ft2 but I have bigger arms than that guy who said he was the same height and had 11.5" arms...
i personally dont like muscles at all, i like to be able to grab on to my boyfriend :wink:
Original post by ct2k7
I have biggish arms at 11.5 inches, for my size

How tall are you? I'm 6' 1" and got 14" arms not flexed and think they are quite small.:holmes:
Original post by Luxray
Off course most people don't like extremely muscular men. But are you not attracted to someone with this type of body

Oh god no
Original post by Derrick1509
How tall are you? I'm 6' 1" and got 14" arms not flexed and think they are quite small.:holmes:

Edit: never mind, I missed your post before :tongue:
Reply 172
Original post by Nick1sHere
Don't go on the bodybuilding forum haha... The amount of **** I see people get for being 'manlets' is unreal

I'm already on bb.com, still a miscer. All the manlet hate is the product of their insecurities - in fact, I just find is rather amusing.

Original post by EonBlueApocalypse

Yep, that's correct :smile:
Reply 173
Original post by Derrick1509

I'm 5'2".

All of my measurements are relaxed, I don't measure unrelaxed.
Original post by ct2k7
I'm already on bb.com, still a miscer. All the manlet hate is the product of their insecurities - in fact, I just find is rather amusing.

You find that amount of body image issues amusing...? You sick ****.
Reply 175
Original post by Aisha~~
You find that amount of body image issues amusing...? You sick ****.

No, I find them trying to put manlets/shorter men down amusing.
Reply 176
Original post by stayce88
Which is probably why ive been single for nearly 2 years, but I dont really care, means I have more time to spend on my phys.
Im not big or tall im 5ft2 but I have bigger arms than that guy who said he was the same height and had 11.5" arms...

I guess being on her Majesty's service overseas can't have helped either! There was a Daily Mail article about a female body-builder who had the same problem. I just find the various attitudes interesting considering we're supposed to be living in an era where people can do whatever they want to do!
Reply 177
Original post by desdemonata
Yep. I like tall and slim but with some muscle. Nothing like a bodybuilder or even close, and even having defined muscles like a six-pack isn't more attractive to me than just having a generally muscular build. Big guns is a turn on, whereas having a six pack means they spend too much time in the gym or that they try too hard, not that they're actually built or strong.

But that's just me and my specificity. It's not a must have, but rather a big bonus, and I'm more likely to be attracted to a skinny guy than a giant.

fat belly or six pack which would you take
if any girl wants one..look no further
Reply 179
Original post by sucess
fat belly or six pack which would you take

To me, a fat belly is indicative of their unhealthy lifestyle.

Quick Reply

Latest