The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Current UCL students' chat thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
I've just learnt that Arabic results have been displayed at Language Centre for a good month. I don't know whether to cry or laugh - the result is out, but I have no chance to access it! I emailed Language Centre about this, but I'm not sure if they will tell me the result if I give them my candidate number...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2281
Original post by arcl
Your department/tutors should have your results and should be able to give them to you. Have you tried emailing your personal tutor?

He's gone to teach at a different uni. Still, would they give me my results just because I ask out of curiosity? If so, it doesn't really make sense why they publish them so late unless it's because of double checking/approval issues.
:congrats: UCL French dept.

Forward a job advert only to people ineligible for it.
Original post by lilys
He's gone to teach at a different uni. Still, would they give me my results just because I ask out of curiosity? If so, it doesn't really make sense why they publish them so late unless it's because of double checking/approval issues.

They're provisional results that you're given.

Mine didn't change last year.... I doubt they'll change much if at all to be honest.
Reply 2284
here I hate provisional results. One module. 100% assessed essay. 50% per essay. Did crap. Marks from lecturer as first marker 68 and 66. Provisional mark from SELCS people is way less than the mean of 66 and 68. Not that it matters anyway, but still.
Reply 2285
In my first year, only the best 3.0 course units count. If I apply for an internship or a scholaship and they ask me for my first year average, do I have to write down the overall average or only the average that counts? I could probably get away with writing down a classification (1st/2.1/2.2/3rd) as it's the same whichever way I apply to this, but I'm just wondering.
Original post by Ivanka
In my first year, only the best 3.0 course units count. If I apply for an internship or a scholaship and they ask me for my first year average, do I have to write down the overall average or only the average that counts? I could probably get away with writing down a classification (1st/2.1/2.2/3rd) as it's the same whichever way I apply to this, but I'm just wondering.

May as well do whatever suits you best. If no exam marks are asked for, don't tell.
Reply 2287
Original post by arcl
They're provisional results that you're given.

Mine didn't change last year.... I doubt they'll change much if at all to be honest.

Oh good, I was worried that my portico results will not match my provisional results!
Reply 2288
Original post by Ivanka

I had a similar problem (only best 1.0 module result from the first year counts) and ended up using that mark as my overall mark for the first year; if someone objects you can always explain that the rest doesnt really count towards your final mark.
Hows UCL? Pros and cons? :biggrin:
Original post by blueray
Hows UCL? Pros and cons? :biggrin:

Pros, we have an amazing chat thread that current students can chat in.

Cons, it seems to be infiltrated 24-7 by prospective students that miss the question thread.
Original post by rockrunride
Pros, we have an amazing chat thread that current students can chat in.

Cons, it seems to be infiltrated 24-7 by prospective students that miss the question thread.

lol as in, IN the uni! :biggrin:
Original post by blueray
lol as in, IN the uni! :biggrin:

Cons? Eh, it seems we're a little too subtle in our humour for you.

Actually, went to a party once and a guy there spent half the time taking the piss out of UCL students for our sarcasm and meta humour and generally being hipsters... in his thick rimmed glasses... and plaid shirt...
Reply 2293
Can anyone tell me what information does the enrollment message includes and when probably I will get it if my application becomes unconditional just today?
Reply 2294
Original post by Ivanka
I've just learnt that Arabic results have been displayed at Language Centre for a good month. I don't know whether to cry or laugh - the result is out, but I have no chance to access it! I emailed Language Centre about this, but I'm not sure if they will tell me the result if I give them my candidate number...

I can go look for you if you want.
Oh hi it's naomi from core course, by the way. :rolleyes:
Reply 2295
Original post by nb0
I can go look for you if you want.
Oh hi it's naomi from core course, by the way. :rolleyes:

Hello!! How are you? You actually don't need to as I've already learnt them :smile: Thank God that the first year's over forever now, these exams were so exhausting...
Reply 2296
Can anyone tell me what information does the enrollment message includes and when probably I will get it if my application becomes unconditional just today?
Reply 2297
Original post by Ivanka
Hello!! How are you? You actually don't need to as I've already learnt them :smile: Thank God that the first year's over forever now, these exams were so exhausting...

Yo. I still dont know my russian results. Im terrified. I miss uni. I want it back :frown:
Reply 2298
when oh when will next year's timetable be released, when oh when can i bloody well register for modules, when oh when will portico results go up

I can't get a job without knowing my timetable, I can't get an internship without knowing my timetable, I can't do jack ****. I HATE SUMMER i just wanna get back to uni

oh **** i'm guna be a phd student aren't i
i can't cope without learning

gaaaaaaaaaaaah stupidrant
Reply 2299
Aaaah I just got my first module result on Portico! It's weird that they come in batches, though: in the past 2 years it was all of them at the same time! Anyone with a similar problem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending