Reply 320
Original post by Yung Mon£y
You do realise there are more women in the world then just your gf? :rofl:

Ya, but I could probably get the same response with most girls I know

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ct2k7
Ya, but I could probably get the same response with most girls I know

So I wouldn't want to date your gf or your friends. Point?
Staying in shape shows a healthy body and state of mind. To get fat is to be lazy and/or eat for comfort. I intensely dislike both those features and therefore will never marry anyone like that.
Reply 322
So I wouldn't want to date your gf or your friends. Point?
Staying in shape shows a healthy body and state of mind. To get fat is to be lazy and/or eat for comfort. I intensely dislike both those features and therefore will never marry anyone like that.

I hope you do realise that I'm not talking about a hell of a lot of weight that would distort one's appearance.
Original post by desdemonata
Lol I said I wasn't fit, meaning no I do not work out. I never have. Never been on a diet or anything like that either.

You don't do any exercise at all? :O :eek: Not anything?
Only reason I work out is because I hate being skinny. Being an ectomorph though means I have to consume over 3000 calories a day consistently (damn metabolism). I guess it's a confidence issue really.
Reply 325
Original post by llessur123
I prefer a nice, natural looking amount of muscle. Not huge but a good bit of muscle and low body fat %. I'm not really into that skinny fat, manchild look that seems to be rather popular. Stick arms and little bellies on men make me sick. I work out every day to look my best, so I'd expect my partner to as well.

Isn't that mostly just a normal, average human male build?! To some people, that will be what they define as their best look.
Original post by QwentyJ
Isn't that mostly just a normal, average human male build?! To some people, that will be what they define as their best look.

I think it's the average build for those who eat high fat diets and never exercise, which unfortunately is most of the population. It's nobody's best look.
Reply 327
jessie pavelka is my idea of an attractive guy
got the looks and the lifestyle Im into
No, don't change it. If you don't exercise and are either over or underweight you aren't taking care of yourself. Does that reflect a good personality? No, it does not.
If they are happy why would they be under or over weight? You need to look at the reasons behind weight issues instead of writing them off as merely physical traits.

No I don't because I'm not interested in that. It's their own business. If they were unhealthy, if they couldn't go for a walk with me say, or I really felt concerned that their health was affected then I might encourage them to work out with me or something but I really dont consider 'not working out' to be a massive character flaw. If you do then that great, you have your own criteria. There's nothing wrong with that but why do you feel the need to impose that on everyone else like what someone values is some kind of qualitative, objective thing?

Reply 329
By that time aren't you getting dangerously close to overtraining?

Exactly this.

No...I have big rests. Plus as you get stronger you just kind of do more warm-up sets and recovery just takes longer.
Original post by McHumpy92
No...I have big rests. Plus as you get stronger you just kind of do more warm-up sets and recovery just takes longer.

Rests do not make up for recovery time :facepalm:
Original post by ct2k7
I hope you do realise that I'm not talking about a hell of a lot of weight that would distort one's appearance.

Yep. To marry someone and then put on weight is disgusting and shows that the person was merely putting on a façade in order to secure a partner.
Original post by aimeeus_prime
No I don't because I'm not interested in that. It's their own business. If they were unhealthy, if they couldn't go for a walk with me say, or I really felt concerned that their health was affected then I might encourage them to work out with me or something but I really dont consider 'not working out' to be a massive character flaw. If you do then that great, you have your own criteria. There's nothing wrong with that but why do you feel the need to impose that on everyone else like what someone values is some kind of qualitative, objective thing?

So your partners personality is their own business? If they overeat for comfort you would ignore that?! :eek:

Being lazy isn't a character flaw? Healthy ideology that. It's that your criteria seem incredibly poorly thought out. You can evaluate the worth of someone's opinions by assessing the reasoning behind them. If you have not thought deeply about them, or if they do not make sense, then said opinion is worthless.
Original post by stayce88
jessie pavelka is my idea of an attractive guy
got the looks and the lifestyle Im into

:eek: :drool:
Reply 334
Original post by llessur123
I think it's the average build for those who eat high fat diets and never exercise, which unfortunately is most of the population. It's nobody's best look.

Oh ok, well I'm talking about a normal build. Like 17% body fat? I'm using myself as a measure here!
So your partners personality is their own business? If they overeat for comfort you would ignore that?! :eek:

Being lazy isn't a character flaw? Healthy ideology that. It's that your criteria seem incredibly poorly thought out. You can evaluate the worth of someone's opinions by assessing the reasoning behind them. If you have not thought deeply about them, or if they do not make sense, then said opinion is worthless.

I think that's ridiculous quite honestly. I don't consider it lazy not to work out and go to the gym.

Original post by aimeeus_prime
I think that's ridiculous quite honestly. I don't consider it lazy not to work out and go to the gym.

Let me repeat what I said:

"So your partners personality is their own business? If they overeat for comfort you would ignore that?!:eek:"

How is not exercising not lazy?
Original post by QuirkyDoDo
Hahaha! So, what is your cut off point with muscly/toned guys and how big they are? (I don't think I worded that very well, but hopefully you get my point.

Hmmm I'm not quite sure. Looking like he would crush me with his muscly weight is definitely too much, as is not being able to hold his arms by his sides :lol: I guess it would be still having noticeably a slim-ish frame, with just the muscle being added onto that rather than the defining factor of his physique.

I don't know if I'm explaining myself well at all lol. What's yours though? :biggrin:
Original post by Nick1sHere
You don't do any exercise at all? :O :eek: Not anything?

I swim and cycle, sure, but I don't go to the gym or anything like that. I go swimming and cycling because I enjoy them, not exactly to be fit.

Hmmm in Spain that's hardly unusual. I know plenty of girls whose only exercise is walking, maybe sometimes to the beach (where they don't swim :confused:).
How is not exercising not lazy?

A friend of mine doesn't exercise at all and is overweight, but that's because she can't as she's had back problems since birth. It's a bit sweeping to assume that every single person who doesn't exercise isn't doing it because they're lazy. Maybe they think that they're healthy and fit enough without working out, or maybe they simply don't care about such things, or maybe, like my friend, they have actual medical conditions. Sure laziness is probably the main cause of people not being bothered, but it won't be the only one.

Quick Reply

Latest