Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

A bit confused now.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so about me first and some background info.

20 years old Male

Original Aim: Fill out by eating anything and everything

Result: I have filled out a tad tbh , I'm quite happy at what I'm at. Still skinny but alot better than before. Just generally more of a physical presence now.

The problem: Although I like my new weight, I have developed some body fat which I'm not used to and don't want to get used to. Its mainly just a kinda faint flab on my stomach and I'm aware of... not man boobs but If I bend over I feel uneasy because a little bit of what looks like fat seem to droop down slightly.

So basically this freaked me out... that for the first time in my life I can start to see a wobble going on.... its only my front torso tbh. Not anywhere else on my body.

So nearly a week ago I started reducing my carb intake and eating more veg with dinner . It's now down to the point where thee only carb I had today was a piece of bday cake and 1 malteaser. For me this is a massive reduction. eg I used to not even think about it so I reckon I have reduced my carb intake by 90%

My question is.... is simply reducing the intake enough for me? like I'm not fat or anything so its not a major weight loss thing... more of a trim the fat sort of thing. Or do I need to cut them out COMPLETELY. Also please note I'm not exercising and I know I should... but the thing is I have always been a rake without exercising anyways so would this tactic work. (I will jog now and again from tmz onwards but not religiously)

Exercise! you should have hit the gym so you'd put on weight, but healthy weight. it may be more effort than eating unhealthy,but nothing good in life comes easy.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 26, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.