The Student Room Group

Uni cities

If u guys had to rank a top 5 for uni cities in the UK, what would they be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1) Newcastle
Reply 2
York, cardiff, Leeds, Birmingham, Exeter
Newcastle, York, Edinburgh... Haven't been anywhere else I really liked, but those three are all lovely :h:
Reply 4
Leeds is full of students.
sheffield would be up there

EDIT: really, why a neg for saying this?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
hmm. See I completely get the whole Newcastle, York, Edinburgh thing but i'm really curious about Exeter now.

I take it someone doesnt like Exeter. Please expand i'm interested.
(edited 11 years ago)
Large cities (because they have lots of nightlife and services), usually with multiple universities, outside London (because it's too expensive).

I think it's somewhat artificial to limit it to five universities, but my list would include Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Newcastle, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Cardiff and Nottingham.
Nottingham, Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield and Manchester

I think Leeds has the most students, as there's like... 5 universities?
I live in Birmingham, have friends at Birmingham Uni/BCU/Aston and people I've spoke to on nights out never seem to actually be local and if you go to student nights then you can have a really cheap night! :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Glasgow has more students than any city outside of London, and several institutions (the University of Glasgow, Strathclyde University, Caledonian University, the Glasgow School of Art, the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and a couple of Univ West of Scotland campuses within a few miles) in much the same part of the city- it also has more pubs, clubs, shops, parks and transport links than anywhere except London. Edinburgh is similar-ish in some respects, and while Manchester only has two universities, they're both massive in terms of student numbers.

I also don't think you can limit it to five. Some cities are smaller and have a higher concentration of students, some have parts of the city that are student dominated and parts less so. There are certainly plenty of areas in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bristol and Manchester that are nothing like what one would typically call a student city.
Reply 10
London, Leeds, Newcastle, Bristol and Manchester

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by M.AKH

Sorry, this made me laugh (loads).

Well this is an easy question.

Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and Sheffield.

Reply 12
Original post by M.AKH

Exeter and York hahah

Reply 13
i don't really understand what this question is about?

if you're talking about our favourite cities with a uni, then mine would probably be:

durham, edinburgh, st andrews, bath, york. i like quite pretty places and don't like really busy modern places (although i know edinburgh is huge but i'm coming from london so it's all relative)

but these aren't necessarily places i'd want to go to uni.
Original post by Jackkkkk
Exeter and York hahah

Oh god, I thought the same xD

Reply 15
1) Leeds
2) Newcastle
3) Manchester
4) Bristol
5) Liverpool

edit* Forgot about the Scottish cities! Edinburgh, Glasgow and possibly Aberdeen would be good shouts.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
For what exactly?

Any city with a university is going to have a significant amount of resources directed towards students. Also, most cities are vast enough that they have a bit of everything anyway.
Aberdeen.
leeds
Paignton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending