The Student Room Group

Is it ok to walk around house in just underpants?

Is it ok to walk around a shared house in just underpants? In the summer when it is warm I will only wear underpants to bed, and then in the morning will get up and get some breakfast and have a drink before getting showered and dressed. Nobody has said anything but I'm thinking I should maybe stick some shorts and a t-shirt on before walking around the house in furture so that nobody feels uncomfortable

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes.
It depends how... tight these underpants are.

At least put some shorts on.
Reply 3
Original post by StartSomething
It depends how... tight these underpants are.

At least put some shorts on.

They're normal underpants/briefs not shorts so I guess don't leave a lot to the imagination! Having said that, you see lots of guys wearing this style on the beach on holiday, which I would never do, so don't really see an issue walking around in just pants at home
it's fine. I walk around my girlfriends student house with just boxers, and she lives with 7 other girls...

edit: just saw you're wearing briefs, maybe put some shorts on then...
Original post by tobie123
They're normal underpants/briefs not shorts so I guess don't leave a lot to the imagination! Having said that, you see lots of guys wearing this style on the beach on holiday, which I would never do, so don't really see an issue walking around in just pants at home

If one of my housemates walked around in just pants I would be a bit like :erm: Because that's like me walking around in bra and knickers which I would never do.

But my housemates did walk around in just shorts, which was fine.

I guess if you all do it then it's ok, but if no one else does it, they might find it a bit weird.
Reply 6
Original post by StartSomething
If one of my housemates walked around in just pants I would be a bit like :erm: Because that's like me walking around in bra and knickers which I would never do.

But my housemates did walk around in just shorts, which was fine.

I guess if you all do it then it's ok, but if no one else does it, they might find it a bit weird.

the other guys in my house always walk around in just their boxers, it's just that i usually wear underpants rather than boxers which are a bit more revealing. Maybe there isn't an issue as nobody has said anything, jsut dont want people to feel awkward
Reply 7
I would recommend shorts. However if no one has said anything they might not have a problem at all with it

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Reply 8
I wouldn't just wear underwear in the middle of the day. I'm talking about first thing in the morning to get a drink from the kitchen or walking to and from the bathroom. I think wearing boxer shorts around the house is acceptable, and my other male housemates often do this, but I'm the only one that wears underpants and think maybe the girls could be uncomfortable with this
Reply 9
Underpants. Ha
Reply 10
If it was just boxers then I think it's fine coz its like wearing swimming trunks right but, I don't think you should worry until someone says something.

I wish I could walk around in knickers but people come in and out all the time

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App.
Reply 11
Original post by HalleStar
If it was just boxers then I think it's fine coz its like wearing swimming trunks right but, I don't think you should worry until someone says something.

I wish I could walk around in knickers but people come in and out all the time

If I'm weaing boxers I don't worry as it is just like wearing a pair of shorts and all my other housemates often lounge around in their boxers. I usually wear underpants though which may be less acceptable to walk around in.
Reply 12
If I'm weaing boxers I don't worry as it is just like wearing a pair of shorts and all my other housemates often lounge around in their boxers. I usually wear underpants though which may be less acceptable to walk around in.

Yeah then in that case wear boxers or shorts then. Underpants will make people uncomfortable IMO

Reply 13
No, I wouldn't walk around in the middle of the day in underpants, my housemates may have friends over or someone may come to the door! If you mean boxers in the day that's probably ok, but not underpants
Reply 14
Yep those are the type that I normally wear now, just normal underpants rather than boxers as do a lot of sport. If you wear loose boxers it's not a problem walking around in these as it is no different to wearing a pair of shorts. Couldn't wear these myself though, too much jangling around!
Reply 15
Yep those are the type that I normally wear now, just normal underpants rather than boxers as do a lot of sport. If you wear loose boxers it's not a problem walking around in these as it is no different to wearing a pair of shorts. Couldn't wear these myself though, too much jangling around!

Yeah I think you're gonna have to throw on some shorts from now on or, talk to housemates also, check if they're comfortable

Reply 16
Yeah I think you're gonna have to throw on some shorts from now on or, talk to housemates also, check if they're comfortable

you're probably right, I should just put on some shorts at night. Although wearing normal underpants is really no different to wearing some speedos to go swimming or to the beach, not that I would but lots of guys still do!
Reply 17
you're probably right, I should just put on some shorts at night. Although wearing normal underpants is really no different to wearing some speedos to go swimming or to the beach, not that I would but lots of guys still do!

Yeah true, I freaking hate speedo's we don't need to see your junk lol
Reply 18
Yeah true, I freaking hate speedo's we don't need to see your junk lol

i wouldn't be seen dead in speedos at the pool or beach, I don't think any guy under 50 would!
Reply 19
i wouldn't be seen dead in speedos at the pool or beach, I don't think any guy under 50 would!

Lol, oh god the mental picture i just got :yucky: Every speedo in the world should be burned. but then swimmers need it

Latest