The Student Room Group

The Anime Soc chat thread XXI: High school AU version

Scroll to see replies

Reply 221
Ergh I'm so bored all my friends are just watching the damn Olympics. They won't even come on xbox live for a game of something :sad:
Reply 222
Original post by AngryJellyfish
*has a job now*

So do you think you can split your paycheck 50:50 with me?
I kinda blew £600 in two days on "essential stuff" like multiple dvd sets of fmab :colondollar:
Original post by N0body
So do you think you can split your paycheck 50:50 with me?
I kinda blew £600 in two days on "essential stuff" like multiple dvd sets of fmab :colondollar:

50% of it will probably go on bus/train fare as it is, so no can do. :p:
Reply 224
*has a job now*

Well done :waffo: (already saw it mentioned when scrolling through FB :ahee: )
Reply 225
Oh great my flatmate is trying to convince me to get contents insurance for the house this year which I can't afford. The one he's found is £70 a month between the 4 of us :wtf: and has £3000 of cover each. I don't even own £3000 worth of stuff even if you added up all my books which I wouldn't think a robber would choose to steal. I don't even really need the insurance my laptop is on my parents insurance and so is my ds and psp i think are as well. The only things which I don't think are covered are my tv and xbox. My xbox is half dead and kind of need a new one so I wouldn't mind a new one actually and my parents have spare tvs so if mine gets stolen it's no biggy to me.

So looks like a argument is coming
Reply 226
So, since my last post, I travelled to and from London, having the opportunity to watch the opening ceremony in the Olympic stadium. The best part was easily their depiction of the Industrial Revolution, especially the forging of the Olympic rings at the end. I felt a tinge of pride when I saw that. Unfortunately, it lost momentum somewhat after that I felt. To answer Cay's question, I had the chance to watch the first rounds of Judo, Basketball, Boxing and Artistic Gymnastics.

As for anime, I brought my laptop along, so I could periodically catch a few episodes here and there late in the evening. Not much to say aside from this.

AngryJellyfish

Also, congratulations on securing a job. It's terribly difficult during these turbulent times, particularly for graduates, so that's awesome news. Sadly, as a consequence to this, I suspect your posting activity will decrease. :frown:

Lastly, where the hell is Vin-kin? :mad: :sad:
Original post by Aiko
Also, congratulations on securing a job. It's terribly difficult during these turbulent times, particularly for graduates, so that's awesome news. Sadly, as a consequence to this, I suspect your posting activity will decrease. :frown:

Lastly, where the hell is Vin-kin? :mad: :sad:

Thanks. :biggrin: You're right though, I imagine I'll be online less often. :frown: Anime viewing will probably take a cut too, but I'm likely to read more manga during the waits for buses/trains. :p:
Reply 228
Thanks. :biggrin: You're right though, I imagine I'll be online less often. :frown: Anime viewing will probably take a cut too, but I'm likely to read more manga during the waits for buses/trains. :p:

Maybe consider investing in a phone that can play videos? :tongue: When do you officially start? Full time, presumably?
Original post by Aiko
Maybe consider investing in a phone that can play videos? :tongue: When do you officially start? Full time, presumably?

What, and give up on using this piece of state of the art technology? :p: Maybe once I've received a few paychecks. :giggle:

I start there a week today, so the 6th of August. :yes: I don't know what days/times I'll be working yet, but I'm guaranteed at least 25 hours a week.
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh FFS, what have they gone and done now? I remove the widgets from the right side of the screen, and the huge gap remains. :mad:
Reply 231
What, and give up on using this piece of state of the art technology? :p: Maybe once I've received a few paychecks. :giggle:

Wow, you could probably find that in a museum. :tongue:

I start there a week today, so the 6th of August. :yes: I don't know what days/times I'll be working yet, but I'm guaranteed at least 25 hours a week.

Ah, at least you'll get some days off throughout the week, but I'm guessing you'll be expected to work during the weekend too, if necessary. Either way, now you have a source of income to fund your ever amassing manga collection. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
Wow, you could probably find that in a museum. :tongue:

Ah, at least you'll get some days off throughout the week, but I'm guessing you'll be expected to work during the weekend too, if necessary. Either way, now you have a source of income to fund your ever amassing manga collection. :tongue:

They were ideally looking for someone to work evenings and weekends, but they said they'd take public transport into account. Obviously I'll try and be as flexible as possible as well. :yes:
Original post by JWH
I've been hoping there would be a major cock up as it would have greatly amused me :ninja:

:mmm: was a bit lame at times but quite enjoyed it :h: mr bean and the queen :awesome: the rings and the cauldron :coma:

saw team gb yesterday at wembley :woo:

*has a job now*

congrats :biggrin:

Original post by JWH
Ergh I'm so bored all my friends are just watching the damn Olympics. They won't even come on xbox live for a game of something :sad:

:mmm: i spent the whole day on saturday in front of the tv :colondollar: also with my laptop on so i could watch 2 events at once :mmm:
(edited 11 years ago)
I watched the opening ceremony, but after that it's been nothing but anime as usual. :p:
Reply 235
Original post by eugenius 8
:mmm: was a bit lame at times but quite enjoyed it :h: mr bean and the queen :awesome: the rings and the cauldron :coma:

saw team gb yesterday at wembley :woo:

:mmm: i spent the whole day on saturday in front of the tv :colondollar: also with my laptop on so i could watch 2 events at once :mmm:

I got confused to why there was a giant voldermort and also thought the village looked suspiciously like Hobbiton :beard:. Also the Doctor didn't light the cauldron :sad:

I haven't watched a single event yet :indiff:
Reply 237
So far the only thing of the olympics outside of some football I've seen is this (just now)

:mmm:
:tumble:

Apparently I've been a member on A-P for 5 years. :zomg: Doesn't feel that long...

Quick Reply

Latest