The Student Room Group

Girls body measurements?

I made the mistake of looking up celebrities measurements (bust-waist-hips) & they seem extremely unrealistic, I want to see real girls measurements please?

Apparently I'm an inch smaller than Kim Kardashian on the hips which I highly doubt as she has a huge bum & as far as I'm aware mine is not near that haha.

If anyone could share their measurements I'd really appreciate it.

Scroll to see replies

35 (I have a 28" back, butI'm quite busty)
26 for waist.
34/35 for hips.

I'm 5'7 and a size 8 in dresses. 8/10 in jeans, trousers and shirts cuz of stupid boobs and thighs and whatnot.

I thiiiink I'm an hourglass.
This was from a long time ago :/ I wouldn't worry about it. If I knew celebrities measurements I'd be so depressed. Honestly :smile:

I am convinced they lie anyway.

Edit (05/06/2013)

Having recently done them again, my measurements are more like 37-23-37.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
36-25-36. My waist used to be a lot bigger, but I lost a lot of weight when I changed my diet. All my weight seems to go to my arms and thighs though, so swings and roundabouts :dontknow:
Reply 3
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
34 (I have a 28" back, butI'm quite busty)
26 for waist.
32 for hips.

This was from a long time ago :/ I wouldn't worry about it. If I knew celebrities measurements I'd be so depressed. Honestly :smile:

Yeah they all apparently have extremely small waists, I think 90% are made up or lied about, I just wanted to here some genuine women's measurements which I'm sure will reassure many girls :smile:
Reply 4
35-26-39

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Well, mine are:

Bust: 33”
Waist: 26.5”
Hips: 34” (this is at the widest - so over the bum too)

And my shoulders are 38" (which I think is big compared to the rest of me!)
I'm 5'3 and would say I have a small frame (going off the wrist measurement thing!).

I wouldn't take too much notice of celebrity measurements.
my measurements are 31-27.5-35.5 when I last measured myself. I'm 5ft 10 and weight 10st 10lbs
Bust 38" ( but if I measure just under my bust my ribcage/back whatever is 29" - I have huge bewbs haha )

Waist 23"

Hips 32"
37-28-36

I'm 5'7 and size 12 if that helps.
Also you need to be careful where you get these celebrity measurements from, the daily mail have everyone believing that celebrities are either size 0 (___S WEIGHT PLUMMETS!!!) or size 16 (____ PILES ON THE POUNDS) so if I were you, I'd take everything with a pinch of salt
Reply 9
You shouldn't compare yourself to others, every woman in the world is a different size and shape :smile: especially celebrities, whose measurements are probably made up and who have personal trainers, airbrushing in photos etc.
Personally I'm quite small and petite - 5"2 and my measurements are 32-24-34 :smile:
Reply 10
My girlfriend is a 30F, 5 foot 2.

Size 8 dress size, but her clothes tend not to fit her thighs, as she's quite the hourglass.
Reply 11
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
37-28-36

I'm 5'7 and size 12 if that helps.
Also you need to be careful where you get these celebrity measurements from, the daily mail have everyone believing that celebrities are either size 0 (___S WEIGHT PLUMMETS!!!) or size 16 (____ PILES ON THE POUNDS) so if I were you, I'd take everything with a pinch of salt

This is so true :biggrin:
Original post by bethany18
Yeah they all apparently have extremely small waists, I think 90% are made up or lied about, I just wanted to here some genuine women's measurements which I'm sure will reassure many girls :smile:

I thought I had a small waist but I don't think so anymore, so yeah. I think they're exaggerated too... Yeah :smile: it's a nice idea and I think it will!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Bust 35"
Waist 25"
Hips/Bum 37"

Maybe I'm not very good at measuring myself or whatever, I see a lot of girls here have similar measurements. Compared to celebrities it seems really off. I have a small waist, I've always been told (by retail people, surgeon, doctors even), that my upper body is very slim and petite and that my "build" is very slim. Yet my waist measurement doesn't seem that small. Maybe my waist just seems small on my total frame, as I have a bit of butt and I'm 5"9. I don't know.

I know for a fact that they lie about models' measurements. They always list them at taller - for the Victoria's Secret models I know that they list them with similar heights and measurements so that they all seem like 'one group'. Alessandra Ambrosio is NOT 177 cm/5"10, you see her next to models like Karolina Kurkova. Realistically, I'm guessing she's below 5"9, 5"8 even.
These are the measurements listed for VS models:
http://victoriassecretvictoriassecret.tumblr.com/post/2421967496/current-victorias-secret-angels-measurements
As you see they are practically all the same. Alessandra has the same bust measurements as Adriana, but it is evident that Adriana is bigger than Ale. Candice has the same hip measurement as many of the others, but she is actually more pear shaped.
So yes, these things are often made up. I know also because I have model friends, and I see their profiles on FMD and other places and their measurements always seem a little off.

Edit: Blimey, these models' asses are listed 33-34". I've been told I have a good bum many times, but now it feels HUGE.
(edited 11 years ago)
34-25-34, around there. Size 8, 5 foot (ish, don't actually know my height), weight 7.5 stone.

Edit: apparently my measurements are the same/similar to those models. Obviously my height affects this, I do not look that slim at all :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Millie228
Bust 35"
Waist 25"
Hips/Bum 37"

Maybe I'm not very good at measuring myself or whatever, I see a lot of girls here have similar measurements. Compared to celebrities it seems really off. I have a small waist, I've always been told (by retail people, surgeon, doctors even), that my upper body is very slim and petite and that my "build" is very slim. Yet my waist measurement doesn't seem that small. Maybe my waist just seems small on my total frame, as I have a bit of butt and I'm 5"9. I don't know.

I know for a fact that they lie about models' measurements. They always list them at taller - for the Victoria's Secret models I know that they list them with similar heights and measurements so that they all seem like 'one group'. Alessandra Ambrosio is NOT 177 cm/5"10, you see her next to models like Karolina Kurkova. Realistically, I'm guessing she's below 5"9, 5"8 even.
These are the measurements listed for VS models:
http://victoriassecretvictoriassecret.tumblr.com/post/2421967496/current-victorias-secret-angels-measurements
As you see they are practically all the same. Alessandra has the same bust measurements as Adriana, but it is evident that Adriana is bigger than Ale. Candice has the same hip measurement as many of the others, but she is actually more pear shaped.
So yes, these things are often made up. I know also because I have model friends, and I see their profiles on FMD and other places and their measurements always seem a little off.

Edit: Blimey, these models' asses are listed 33-34". I've been told I have a good bum many times, but now it feels HUGE.

Your waist is small! I've read a few times that the average woman's waist in the UK is about 31-34 inches or something, I can't remember the exact measurement but it was definitely over 30in.

Me too! I have 38 inch hips which I thought were actually quite small, googled it & only plus-size models & more noticibley bigger girls have those measurements(APPARENTLY :rolleyes: ), I've always considered myself thin & according to those measurements I should be like Nicki Minaj/Kim Kardashian (thin but big bums).

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 16
Original post by desdemonata
34-25-34, around there. Size 8, 5 foot (ish, don't actually know my height), weight 7.5 stone.

Edit: apparently my measurements are the same/similar to those models. Obviously my height affects this, I do not look that slim at all :lol:

Haha yeah height also affects this, the smaller you are the curvier you tend to look because there isn't as much space between your bust, waist & hips which is a good thing I think :smile:.
Haha yeah height also affects this, the smaller you are the curvier you tend to look because there isn't as much space between your bust, waist & hips which is a good thing I think :smile:.

I look pretty curvy, yeah, but I can also look frumpy really easily if I wear the wrong clothes. Along with my wide hips (for my height, anyway) I have what my mother calls my "child-bearing thighs" :lol: But yeah I can't complain really :smile:
33.5-23-35
Reply 19
Your waist is small! I've read a few times that the average woman's waist in the UK is about 31-34 inches or something, I can't remember the exact measurement but it was definitely over 30in.

Me too! I have 38 inch hips which I thought were actually quite small, googled it & only plus-size models & more noticibley bigger girls have those measurements(APPARENTLY :rolleyes: ), I've always considered myself thin & according to those measurements I should be like Nicki Minaj/Kim Kardashian (thin but big bums).

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire

I just went to another website which cited Kate Upton's measurements as 36-25-34. And that is definitely rubbish. If you look at her photos, she has no hip to waist ratio at all (it's one of the things that's been said about her) and she has a wide waist. NOT buying that it's 25 inches.

Latest

Trending

Trending