The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by N0body
Not so lazy after all :tongue:

Today is a special day for me as I have gone through my first year of watching anime. (Party!)
Needless to say, after reviewing the anime's I watch, I have come to the conclusion that I watched too many sad/depressing/mind blowing anime's.

Sooo does anyone have any "happy" anime's they would like to share with me?

I'm almost at the first year too. :tongue:

I recommend:
Gintama
Full Metal Panic Fumofu

Haven't seen the following yet but try:
Beelzebub
Aria the Animation and its sequels
Original post by N0body

Today is a special day for me as I have gone through my first year of watching anime. (Party!)
Needless to say, after reviewing the anime I watch, I have come to the conclusion that I watched too many sad/depressing/mind blowing anime.

Sooo does anyone have any "happy" anime they would like to share with me?

It's been just over 7 years for me now, a date that's easy to remember since my first manga purchase was on my 17th birthday. :p:

These are the first happy series that spring to mind:

Azumanga Daioh

Potemayo

Dragon Half

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

Hyakko

So yeah, all comedies... but pretty much every plot-driven series I can think of either has it's dark moments, or is just plain bad. :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3642
Original post by confuzzled92
I'm almost at the first year too. :tongue:

I recommend:
Gintama
Full Metal Panic Fumofu

Haven't seen the following yet but try:
Beelzebub
Aria the Animation and its sequels

Cheers I shall look into them

Original post by AngryJellyfish
It's been just over 7 years for me now, a date that's easy to remember since my first manga purchase was on my 17th birthday. :p:

Azumanga Daioh

Potemayo

Dragon Half

Hyakko

So yeah, all comedies... but pretty much every plot-driven series I can think of either has it's dark moments, or is just plain bad. :p:

hmm plot-driven series that doesn't have a dark moment...challenge accepted!
How about Guilty Cro...oh wait :biggrin:
Reply 3643
Original post by N0body

Needless to say, after reviewing the anime's I watch, I have come to the conclusion that I watched too many sad/depressing/mind blowing anime's.

Sooo does anyone have any "happy" anime's they would like to share with me?

For funny anime I would say Lucky Star and 2x2 Shinobuden

Azumanga Daioh

Potemayo

Dragon Half

Hyakko

Manga... Right now I'm doing inventary and looking for someone to buy.
I have 200 volumes and I don't know how to get ride of them. Don't want to sell them for nothing...
Original post by r4ndom
Manga... Right now I'm doing inventary and looking for someone to buy.
I have 200 volumes and I don't know how to get ride of them. Don't want to sell them for nothing...

If I was selling, I'd either try to tempt one of my friends from Aberanime, or else sell them on ebay. Worth checking how much each volume sells for on various online sites first though, as some (particularly those out of print) can fetch a much higher price than others.

What series are you looking to sell, out of interest?
Reply 3645
If I was selling, I'd either try to tempt one of my friends from Aberanime, or else sell them on ebay. Worth checking how much each volume sells for on various online sites first though, as some (particularly those out of print) can fetch a much higher price than others.

What series are you looking to sell, out of interest?

Yea, I'll try friends first, then I'll maybe try ebay... but I'm not sure yet.

Right now I have:

- Rorouni Kenshin (24 volumes)
- FMA (21)
- Gantz (25)
- Tenjou Tenge (19)
- GTO (11)
- Real (8)
- Louie (6)
- Blood-The last vampire (1)
- Caffe Occult (1)
- Midori no Hibi (8)
- Samurai Champloo (2)
- Goth (1)
- Go!Go!Heaven! (3)
- PeaceMaker (5)
- Peacemaker Kurogane (5)
- Trigun (1)
- Blood Rain (9)
- City Hunter (19)
- Lady Snowblood (2)
- Ohikkoshi (1)
- Slam Dunk (26)
- Kaze no Sho(1)

Maybe I will not sell Slam Dunk and Kenshin. The other manga I don't mind that much.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hello beautiful animeheads! I haven't posted in here for quite literally years, but I need an opinion and I know you are the guys to ask.

I recently watched the Black Rock Shooter OVA and absolutely loved the style, the minimalist approach to storytelling, the characters and the artistic action sequences. The ending, however, was far from satisfying - especially knowing that there isn't another OVA to tie up the loose ends. So I was thinking of watching the 2012 series, but it looks like they made it a little more mecha and over expository.

Will watching the series ruin the OVA?
Reply 3647
Original post by Bubblebeard
Hello beautiful animeheads! I haven't posted in here for quite literally years, but I need an opinion and I know you are the guys to ask.

I recently watched the Black Rock Shooter OVA and absolutely loved the style, the minimalist approach to storytelling, the characters and the artistic action sequences. The ending, however, was far from satisfying - especially knowing that there isn't another OVA to tie up the loose ends. So I was thinking of watching the 2012 series, but it looks like they made it a little more mecha and over expository.

Will watching the series ruin the OVA?

Yes.

The TV series is just wangsty teenagers crying for no fecking reason - tis one of the worst shows of the last year IMO.
Reply 3648
So far I've enjoyed Sakura hime, into the third volume. Much like Full moon Arina's work seems to have a habit of making me think "this isn't exactly amazing" and yet I find myself sticking to the manga and enjoying it.

Bakuman has been ok so far.

Enjoyed the first omnibus of One piece, might just stick to the manga now as I'll find it easier to read/reread a long series as opposed to watching/rewatching one :nyoron:
Reply 3649
I would like to know what you lovely people think about the Narutoverse.
Specifically the following:

- The use of real & fictional Jin's. The nine tails for example.
- The multiple references to Taoism & Buddhism.
- The theme of light & darkness in the roles of Naruto & Sasuke. (Atari)
- What are your thoughts on darkness and light?

Just a few questions from the many....
Reply 3650
Original post by r4ndom

- Peacemaker Kurogane (5)

How did you find this? Worth Watching?
Reply 3651
Original post by Komatic
How did you find this? Worth Watching?

It's manga not anime ^^ so I found it in the shop :wink:

And well, it's not worth to buy it because the author stopped creating kurogane to make some yaoi ****
So when it gets really awsome there is no more...
(edited 11 years ago)
I know I said I wasn't going to buy any more manga... but I picked up CLAMP's Legend of Chun Hyang for about £10. Figured I'd treat myself for finally finding work. :p:
Reply 3653

:hmmm: :p:

I'm happy with most of what I picked up this season. A bit disappointed in Arcana Famiglia's second and third episodes, but something has to come last in my rankings. :p:

Aha, I decided to put this one on hold because I felt I would enjoy it more in one big sitting, as opposed to weekly. :redface:
I've grown used to the recent trend towards 'localizing' subtitles, but Commie's (Crunchyroll's?) decision to translate ninja as assassin in Oda Nobuna no Yabou seems a bit unnecessary... who in the west doesn't know what a ninja is these days, especially out of those who watch anime? :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3655
Ninja's were sabators, spys and general double dealers as well as assassins, but yes it is very pedantic of the CR translators to put that down. Although they have be known for doing stuff like that, hello translating tsundere as "hot'n'cold" in Steins gate.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Carecup
Ninja's were sabators, spys and general double dealers as well as assassins, but yes it is very pedantic of the CR translators to put that down. Although they have be known for doing stuff like that, hello translating tsundere as "hot'n'cold" in Steins gate.

I can understand the choice to localize stuff like tsundere, which might be lost on someone who's new to anime... but I'd consider ninja to be fairly universal these days. Makes me wonder whether they'd try and translate words like 'karaoke' as well. :s:
Reply 3657
Next seasons chart already out.

Reply 3658
Next season, eh? Of course the Smile Precure film will be the most important cinematic event for some time -- until the next Precure film, in fact.

Oh and those shoujo manga adaptions sound useful because, like that guy in Crank, I need to keep up a certain minimum level of doki-dokis.
Reply 3659
Next season huh?

Probably should get around to starting this season at some point :nyoron:

Oh, would anyone have recommendations for licensed yuri manga? I fancy something cutesy and well, yuri

:ninja:

Latest