The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

^prik
Reply 2221
Well, its come almost 2 years late but I've editted the first post to make me seem less hood (:pierre:) and for it to be more.. Turkish..

If you want anything else in it just let me know. :h:

And I only did it because I was bored. :cool:
Original post by Nasadiya
Hello there!!

I'll be on Erasmus at Sheffield Hallam starting from September.

Anyone nearby??

Me too =))
we need to arrange a night to present our culture and food to them =))
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi everyone,

I will be in Aston University in September. Is there anyone else?

Is there any perfect Kebap House in Birmingham =)
Reply 2224
Original post by designercagla
Me too =))
we need to arrange a night to present our culture and food to them =))

Haha amazing. Did you get your CAS number yet? I've been waiting on mine for ages and no one ever contacts me about it!
Haha amazing. Did you get your CAS number yet? I've been waiting on mine for ages and no one ever contacts me about it!

U should check with the uni.. Email them and ask for it cz some unis ask for a deposit/tuition payment before they give u a CAS number.
For eg i applied to newcastle and some of my friends applied to northumbria, i got my CAS number days after my offer went unconditional, since newcastle doesnt wait for payments, but my friends still havent gotten it cz their payment hasnt reached the uni yet.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
will be visiting istanbul for some days. is there any nice beach/resort place closeby, coz i dont wanna travel to south turkey?
Hey guys!

Another Turk is here! I'll be in Lancaster University in September. I havent heard of any Turks going to Lancaster or nearby yet. I think I am the chosen one! :smile: anyway, I would like to keep in touch with the Turkish society! :smile: See ya!

yeah i am waiting too! I sent an email today again!! I am afraid to be late for visa..
Btw where r u coming from and did you apply for accomodation??
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by aeyurttaser13
U should check with the uni.. Email them and ask for it cz some unis ask for a deposit/tuition payment before they give u a CAS number.
For eg i applied to newcastle and some of my friends applied to northumbria, i got my CAS number days after my offer went unconditional, since newcastle doesnt wait for payments, but my friends still havent gotten it cz their payment hasnt reached the uni yet.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

but nasadiya and ı will be erasmus students..we won't pay for school..
but nasadiya and ı will be erasmus students..we won't pay for school..

i see, but either ways u have to contact the uni and ask them when you would get your CAS number, shouldn't be too long. gd luck :smile:
Edit: i see you've emailed them, if they don't reply in a few days, you can always give the admissions department a call.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mucener
Sorry, I am not going to be anywhere near Sheffield but feel free to come and visit me in Oxford :smile:

you going oxford or oxford brookes? im going oxford brookes and it would be cool to speak to someone turkish :smile:
Reply 2232
yeah i am waiting too! I sent an email today again!! I am afraid to be late for visa..
Btw where r u coming from and did you apply for accomodation??

I'm afraid of being late for visa too! I mean it takes a couple of days to get an appointment from the British Consulate and as far as i know, it takes around 15 work days to get the visa itself which means if i don't apply anytime soon, I'll be deffo. late.

Btw, do you think this 'having 7200 pound in a bank account for at least 28 days' rule effective for Erasmus students too? I'm in touch with the company that will help me get my visa and they said it is but my uni told me otherwise. I'm confused.

I haven't applied for accommodation yet since I don't know when i'll be in Sheffield exactly. I thought it's better to get the visa yet but idk. What about you? Did you apply? And do you know how we'll do the payments?

I went to high school in Mersin but I study in Istanbul. What about you??
First of all if you are waiting for CAS, it means that u r going to take General Student visa. If I am right, you need to have more than 5.400 pound because you are not going to London; 7.200 pound rule is for the students who will stay at London.

Secondly, If you dont think to work partime in Sheffield or dont want to extend the erasmus for the nex semester, my advice to you is not to deal with General Student Visa and go get your student visitor visa without obligation about having that amount of money in the bank. you should check this website. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/

I am postgrad student and will start to write my thesis whilst Sheffield. So I am thinking to have some time to work parttime, so I will wait for CAS number.

In addition, I applied accomodation and chose dev courtyard and bramall court. Payments and other stuff will be sent with accomodation information package. But to get that, you should apply to accomodation using the link below.
http://www.shu.ac.uk/accommodation/index.html

Btw I am from İzmir. you can send me your mail adress from private message to talk about these things.
Original post by aeyurttaser13
i see, but either ways u have to contact the uni and ask them when you would get your CAS number, shouldn't be too long. gd luck :smile:
Edit: i see you've emailed them, if they don't reply in a few days, you can always give the admissions department a call.

yeah you are right.. I should call.. thanks a lot
Reply 2235
We haven't won any medals yet have we? :colonhash:
Reply 2236
Original post by Mr.Messy
We haven't won any medals yet have we? :colonhash:

Nope :colonhash: doing okay in some of the sports though

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Women's volleyball team beat Serbia 3-0.
Reply 2238
Hi everyone,

Here is a new Turkish student ! :biggrin:
I'll be studying at Leeds Metropolitan University as Erasmus student. I havent got my visa yet and the start date of classes is the 17th September. You can say that I dont have much time :/ Yet I dont have a place to stay other than dorm and I dont wanna live in school's dorm.

Any advices?
Original post by kawaiii
Hi everyone,

Here is a new Turkish student ! :biggrin:
I'll be studying at Leeds Metropolitan University as Erasmus student. I havent got my visa yet and the start date of classes is the 17th September. You can say that I dont have much time :/ Yet I dont have a place to stay other than dorm and I dont wanna live in school's dorm.

Any advices?

You should seek advice from your university, they should be able to accommodate you elsewhere if they provide alternative housing like house sharing, or alternatively choose an independent estate agency for an apartment or something that's suitable for your price range.

Quick Reply

Latest