The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6900
Original post by dhr90
Paid internship? 13 hours a day though :unimpressed:

Yeah it isn't a too bad weekly wage but on a per hour basis, it's not the best :p: It's good for Bombay though and I get loads of perks. Gone out for lunch numerous times and drinks a few times in the last 2 weeks and company has picked up the tab all the time :biggrin:
Original post by kuks
Yeah it isn't a too bad weekly wage but on a per hour basis, it's not the best :p: It's good for Bombay though and I get loads of perks. Gone out for lunch numerous times and drinks a few times in the last 2 weeks and company has picked up the tab all the time :biggrin:

Christ... were you affected by the power outage? :holmes:

(I actually just got a job interview email today) :colondollar:
Reply 6902
Original post by kuks

Sounds okay! Just had my second rejection email :frown: Think I'll head to the job centre next week.
Original post by dhr90
Sounds okay! Just had my second rejection email :frown: Think I'll head to the job centre next week.

What sort of job are you looking at? :holmes:

To get back on topic: Did anyone actually get a PS Vita at all?
Reply 6904
Original post by spikeymike
Christ... were you affected by the power outage? :holmes:

(I actually just got a job interview email today) :colondollar:

Bombay wasn't affected by it at all which was great. Congratulations on the interview :smile:

Original post by dhr90

Yeah it isn't too bad. I'm hoping on them giving me a job after the internship tbh.
Keep trying and I'm sure you will get a job soon!
Christ I only applied for one job. I feel for you guys. :frown:
Reply 6906
What sort of job are you looking at? :holmes:

To get back on topic: Did anyone actually get a PS Vita at all?

Environmental consultant, mainly in Ecology, also looking to do with soil remediation and clearing up oil spills. May also look at woodland ranger work, but it doesn't pay well and going by the voluntary work I am doing now the enjoyment varies a lot depending on who you are working with.

Friend of a friend has one, they seem to really like it. Had a play on one in HMV, didn't use it much though as it didn't have any games on.

Original post by kuks

Yeah it isn't too bad. I'm hoping on them giving me a job after the internship tbh.
Keep trying and I'm sure you will get a job soon!

Good luck!

Will do. May look for part time work in a shop or bar to start earning money.
Reply 6907
Original post by Brotherhood
Christ I only applied for one job. I feel for you guys. :frown:

I think a 2:2 from one of the worst uni's in the country doesn't help lol :wink: That and lack of relevant work experience. Congrats on the job though! :smile:
Original post by dhr90
I think a 2:2 from one of the worst uni's in the country doesn't help lol :wink: That and lack of relevant work experience. Congrats on the job though! :smile:

Haha, that was last year. Got quite lucky really. I'm sure something'll come up, plenty of companies take 2:2's, in my industry at least.
Finally beaten Dark Souls!
Installing MGS4 Trophy Patch :coma:
For anyone that doesn't know, Hitman Absolution comes out in November. And it is going to become a legal requirement for every PS3 owner to buy it. David Cameron said so himself.
Original post by pinkpenguin
Installing MGS4 Trophy Patch :coma:

:five:

Original post by like a boss
For anyone that doesn't know, Hitman Absolution comes out in November. And it is going to become a legal requirement for every PS3 owner to buy it. David Cameron said so himself.

By rights it should be superb :yep: I think this year's November may be trying to replicate last year's, though :tongue:

Darksiders II is out in two weeks, Tales of Graces F a week later - the summer games drought is ending :biggrin:
I heard Grid 2 was announced today... 2013. :colonhash:
Any news on a likely release date of the ps4?
Original post by *absinthe*
Any news on a likely release date of the ps4?

:no: I'd expect the first official news to be at next year's E3 at the earliest.
Original post by Illusionary
:five:

This is NOT going to be an easy Platinum. Can't do anything with existing saves :sad:

Also mega-psyched for Tales of Graces f. Replayed Tales of Symphonia over the last couple of weeks :coma:
Original post by pinkpenguin
This is NOT going to be an easy Platinum. Can't do anything with existing saves :sad:

Also mega-psyched for Tales of Graces f. Replayed Tales of Symphonia over the last couple of weeks :coma:

:sadnod: I've not checked, but I've heard that it needs a minimum of eight play-throughs to get! :zomg:

Oh yes, bring on Tales of Graces F. Symphonia's one of the few GC games that I've still kept in my collection. :five:
Original post by Illusionary
:sadnod: I've not checked, but I've heard that it needs a minimum of eight play-throughs to get! :zomg:

Oh yes, bring on Tales of Graces F. Symphonia's one of the few GC games that I've still kept in my collection. :five:

I think it's 7 (?) as you need all the emblems to get the Snake Eater iPod track to get the trophy for songs. All on new playthroughs. Ugh.

Tbh that's not a huge deal for me as I play that game 3 or 4 times a year.... :facepalm2:

It's getting Big Boss Emblem again that's gonna be the most stressful for me. Oh well. Something to work on over the next couple of years!

Need to Platinum Arkham Asylum and Arkham City first. Given up on my Uncharted 3 crushing run for now.
Reply 6919
I heard Grid 2 was announced today... 2013. :colonhash:

Yep, hopefully that means it will be a lot bigger than the last game.

Saints Row 3 is getting rather difficult, some hilarious weapons and vehicles though :colone:

Tempted to pick up Batman or Stuntman if they are cheap enough once I have finished with Saints Row. Started playing PS1 games again, good lord the graphics were bad :tongue:

Latest