The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
anything yet???when will they communicate to us???
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
I think those who havent heard anything from the university, should phone them to check your outcome. I saw a post in the Facebook of UOW by a guy from Bangladesh said that he received a full fee waiver to study his MA International Finance: https://www.facebook.com/armangamer/posts/10151097785021847

" Sukur alhamdulillah, got the Westminster Business School Scholarship (full tuition fee waiver) to study Msc in International Finance at University of Westminster starting from September 2012. After the successful completion of all the visa related issues, I am hoping to leave Dhaka on September. Please pray for me so I can finish the program and return home safely. All my well-wishers, friends and family members can contact me @01671-092867 before I leave. Thank you :smile:
View Post · 18 hours ago"
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 542
They should inform us by now. We need time to issue a visa. It takes about 3 weeks.

I don't have money to call'm.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 543
A friend of mine from Kosovo received the scholarship for MA Fashion Design, I did not receive it for MA Media Management.
Reply 544
Original post by agons
A friend of mine from Kosovo received the scholarship for MA Fashion Design, I did not receive it for MA Media Management.

Does your friend receive a full scholarship? Would you mind telling us his profile?
Original post by maya.88
anything yet???when will they communicate to us???

maya, please tell us when they send you the result from your application.
Reply 546
@Annawintour- i have not received any email yet,am still waiting...@Agons,..when did your friend receive his scholarship??
Reply 547
got my regret letter today
Reply 548
Maya, Im so sorry!!! Hun, don't give up. We are all in this together. I just don't know why they let you hang on for so long. Its not right. I got my regret last week Tuesday and I thought I suffered for a long time. I'm so sorry sweetie.But you'll feel better about it as time goes by, I promise you.
Reply 549
aww,..thanks olmpya,..
Reply 550
I'm so sorry, Maya, dear. Please don't be discouraged.

I still haven't received anything yet. :frown:
Reply 551
send me your email addy on my inbox
Reply 552
all the best candy
Reply 553
maya, I am sorry too. I thought they will give you as they kept you to wait for so long!! please, stay positive. now you know the result at least and waiting is not killing you. hope you have a plan b...
Reply 554
yes i do annushka,..thanks dear for support
Reply 555
Oh Maya I'm so sorry to hear that. They sure took long time to tell that. All the other international scholarships I know (Endeavour, Commonwealth etc.) publish their results in one go. UWM was like torturing people and killing them slowly. :-) Perhaps they are short of staff to do all the selection process. Unlike the scholarships I mentioned above, this is handled by UWM individually and they have so many scholarships to count!

I wonder whom they would select! Please enlighten me if any of you find out the profile of a scholarship holder.
One of my friends who work in the Nottingham University UK as a lecturer came back for a vacation recently and she said that UK is suffering a lot from economic recession. Perhaps they are cutting down scholarships? Who would know finally if a particular scholarship was not awarded. No one would find out until they start the academic year. :-)
Reply 556
This doesn't sound good.

Thanks, Maya, dear. The wait is killing me.
Reply 557
Anything yet, you guys?
Reply 558
I don't know her very well, we went to the same university. I have to meet up with her and get more info on her successful application.

Has anyone from this forum that had a successful application?
I just received a letter for orientation and enrollment. While I was reading it, I felt a little bit sarcastic.
The moment when you get what you want, but not all you want. :smile:

Quick Reply