The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michael XYZ
Is that REALLY for a Summer intern though or normal process?

Seems incredibly thorough for what is only ~8 weeks of work.

8 weeks of work plus an offer for full time at the end of it, if you are selected
Sure. Still, seems a bit much. Unless I'm mistaken about how most others conduct this process.
Reply 102
Original post by Michael XYZ
Sure. Still, seems a bit much. Unless I'm mistaken about how most others conduct this process.

Working now and wasn't half that much bull**** but it definitely was compensated on the time they took to redact and send the contract details, etc.
Reply 103
Original post by SonnyZH
Working now and wasn't half that much bull**** but it definitely was compensated on the time they took to redact and send the contract details, etc.

You are working at Lazard?
Reply 104
invited to greenhill numerical, anyone has already done it?
If you succeed in the numerical are you definitely going to have an interview, or there is another screening?
Reply 105
Original post by miml
You are working at Lazard?

No, BB IBD. My point being that usually, you won't have to go through as many assessments as Lazard want you to go through.
Reply 106
Original post by SonnyZH
No, BB IBD. My point being that usually, you won't have to go through as many assessments as Lazard want you to go through.

you at DB?
Reply 107
With regards to Internship applications....Can you put in a specific application for sales? I.e not Trading.
Original post by SW1X
With regards to Internship applications....Can you put in a specific application for sales? I.e not Trading.

Some will have research sales and trading under the same markets umbrella. Others like barc will let you specify your preference

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MB860
Reply 109
Original post by PrincePauper
Some will have research sales and trading under the same markets umbrella. Others like barc will let you specify your preference

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MB860

Ah ok - many thanks.
Reply 110
When did you submit your application? Is it standard SHL? I am not sure about what follows, I have looked at the website and there is no real help for telling anyone the process.

Original post by nicepower
invited to greenhill numerical, anyone has already done it?
If you succeed in the numerical are you definitely going to have an interview, or there is another screening?
Reply 111
2 days ago, supposed to be kenexa, but never done a kenexa one, so don't know what to expect, and don't know if the first screening was really tough
Reply 112
I have completed Kenexa before and I found it easier than SHL because its time frame is about a minute a question, whichs makes them easier to work out. Rather than SHL because you have more time you begin to question your answer because it seemed too simple (thats not a brag, thats just my over thinking mind when it comes to me getting something right I begin to question it)

Original post by nicepower
2 days ago, supposed to be kenexa, but never done a kenexa one, so don't know what to expect, and don't know if the first screening was really tough
Reply 113
Original post by Asset101
I have completed Kenexa before and I found it easier than SHL because its time frame is about a minute a question, whichs makes them easier to work out. Rather than SHL because you have more time you begin to question your answer because it seemed too simple (thats not a brag, thats just my over thinking mind when it comes to me getting something right I begin to question it)

thanks, will do it later on today
Reply 114
I couldn't find any open applications at the GS page, which divisons are open yet?
Does anyone else find this thread completely hilarious?
Greenhill grad job interview invite. Took the test this morning.

30min telephone competency
Reply 117
Original post by bluenose53

Congrats! What was the test like?
Reply 118
Original post by bluenose53

Congrats. When is it?
I should get a move on and do my test :biggrin:
Reply 119
I heard Greenhill does not hand out offers at the end of the summer, rather they allow you to skip the first round of interviews for their grad programme. Anyone to confirm ?

Quick Reply

Latest