The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3620
Original post by ofssinfoxes
Hahah thanks for your answer. I was trying to figure out where your posts were because they were listed under " who quoted me" section! :tongue:

And what needs to be approved by moderators?

when i first replied to u the reply didnt appear in the thread. so i tried again then there was the msg saying the reply is awaiting approval from moderators? lol no idea also. which uni are u gg to?
Original post by darcemeister
Were you there at 8.30 am yesterday?!?

I have to go back another day:frown: Passport number in CAS was wrong...

Hey Darcemeister!

I went on the 12th of July, that's right. But definitely not at 8.30 a.m. as I went in the afternoon! I am finally going to collect the visa tomorrow. It has been at the centre for a week :biggrin:
Reply 3623
Original post by nkubi
Hello anyone going to Loughborough Uni this year?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

hey! what course u r taking? i'm not going to LU though.. I'm going to Glamorgan Uni, Cardiff. I have few friends who are going to LU from singapore (NAFA partnership with LU in their visual communication course).

I'm wondering whether UK is much more boring than singapore.. considering very few malls and shops around. I'm certainly going to miss singapore alott:frown:
Reply 3624
Original post by sawnet

I'm wondering whether UK is much more boring than singapore.. considering very few malls and shops around. I'm certainly going to miss singapore alott:frown:

I doubt it. But if you think malls and shops are interesting, then maybe UK will be more boring.
Reply 3625
Original post by sawnet
hey! what course u r taking? i'm not going to LU though.. I'm going to Glamorgan Uni, Cardiff. I have few friends who are going to LU from singapore (NAFA partnership with LU in their visual communication course).

Hello! I'm taking engineering at LU. What course will u be taking at Glamorgan Uni? Your friends will be going to LU this year?

Reply 3626
Original post by Narev
I doubt it. But if you think malls and shops are interesting, then maybe UK will be more boring.

Lol I guess it depends on which part of the uk u go too.

Reply 3627
Hey folks, pretty late to the party but I'm just wondering if I'll be able to do International Relations, Law or Business in the UK with my results? And if so, which universities (roughly). Tried looking at grade profiles from the various universities but I believe those are for UK A Levels and not the Singapore-GCE ones.

H2
Math B
Physics C
Chemistry D

H1
PW A
GP B
Econs B
Original post by soonalvin
The order of the day is Chill.
So come in, talk cock, chill.

:p:

What is the Singapore Koipitiam?
Original post by schmetterling
I see. Lol. I just hate the idea of a bond. FREEDOM!

Freedom = Unemployment
Reply 3630
Original post by Juichiro
What is the Singapore Koipitiam?

Kopitiam = coffeeshop or hawker centre in Singapore
Haha normally it is located near flats and people have their meals and talk about everything under the sun there.

Reply 3631
hey is anyone here gonna apply to clearing? I declined all my offers cuz I realised I don't wanna study what I had applied for and was just gonna go to a local uni but I still really want to go to the UK:frown:
Original post by nkubi
Kopitiam = coffeeshop or hawker centre in Singapore
Haha normally it is located near flats and people have their meals and talk about everything under the sun there.

Excuse my ignorance, :colondollar: but why is this thread named after a coffeeshop in Singapore?
Reply 3633
Original post by Juichiro
Excuse my ignorance, :colondollar: but why is this thread named after a coffeeshop in Singapore?

because kopitiam is unique to singapore. and probably originated from the country.

the idea is just like "Japanese Sushi Bar" or "Italian Cafe".
Reply 3634
Original post by nkubi
Lol I guess it depends on which part of the uk u go too.

cardiff :biggrin: hopefully i'll enjoy my time..

Hello! I'm taking engineering at LU. What course will u be taking at Glamorgan Uni? Your friends will be going to LU this year?

i'm taking visual fx n motion graphic.. haha nope.my friends finished their studies last year. my friend said Lu's soccer field is very green n lots of hot guys LOL.

ahh singapore kopitiam..i think this is uniquely singapore thinggy :biggrin: i'm bored with kopitiam.but i guess i'll miss it alot by the time i'm in uk :biggrin:
Has anyone taken a chest x-ray before moving to London?? I never attended the pre-departure talk that the British Council organized, but from what others have mentioned, they recommended to take a chest x-ray incase of immigration? This puzzles me because I landed in heathrow numerous times before, but I was never asked produce an x-ray?! Is this really necessary? And what would be a cheap/fast place to do this?

Original post by shawnlee
Hey folks, pretty late to the party but I'm just wondering if I'll be able to do International Relations, Law or Business in the UK with my results? And if so, which universities (roughly). Tried looking at grade profiles from the various universities but I believe those are for UK A Levels and not the Singapore-GCE ones.

H2
Math B
Physics C
Chemistry D

H1
PW A
GP B
Econs B

I'm not sure about Bizz & IR but for Law, honestly I don't think it's possible. Mainly because the SG Law society only recognises 19 UK universities and all of them are the top 30 in the UK. Most of them require AAA or AAB or ABB. You have to do a foundation first then go on to University.

For bizz and IR, I suppose (I'm guessing only) you could enter but the University won't be a top tier one / not so reputable one.

After all there are 100+ Universities in the UK
Reply 3637
Original post by sawnet
cardiff :biggrin: hopefully i'll enjoy my time..

i'm taking visual fx n motion graphic.. haha nope.my friends finished their studies last year. my friend said Lu's soccer field is very green n lots of hot guys LOL.

ahh singapore kopitiam..i think this is uniquely singapore thinggy :biggrin: i'm bored with kopitiam.but i guess i'll miss it alot by the time i'm in uk :biggrin:

Lol I'm sure u will enjoy your time there. Will u be learning welsh there? Seems like a cool language. Wales seems like a great place too, and I'm planning to visit wales and Scotland during the holidays.

Haha I think I won't miss sg much except for the food and maybe speaking singlish? Lol.

Reply 3638
Anyone intending to apply or have received a place for law ? :biggrin:
H2
Math B
Physics C
Chemistry D

for Law...no chance really

Quick Reply

Latest