The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
Original post by Akkuz
Nope :colonhash: doing okay in some of the sports though

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

Turks. :colonhash:

The Women's Basketball team is decent. I'd say we're in for a medal in the weightlifting/wresting disciplines.

If all else fails.. TEAM GB COME ON. :biggrin:
Original post by Mr.Messy
Turks. :colonhash:

The Women's Basketball team is decent. I'd say we're in for a medal in the weightlifting/wresting disciplines.

If all else fails.. TEAM GB COME ON. :biggrin:

im sure we always win something in wrestling don't we?
Reply 2242
Original post by minniiee
im sure we always win something in wrestling don't we?

We haven't got anything in the Judo, but the other wrestling events haven't started yet as well so we might grab a couple medals soon.

But its Day 6 and not even a single Bronze yet.
Reply 2243
Volleyball team :sexface:

Reply 2244
Original post by imasupercoolgeek
you going oxford or oxford brookes? im going oxford brookes and it would be cool to speak to someone turkish :smile:

Nice one! I am going to Brookes University too. What r u going to study there?
Reply 2245
Original post by Nasadiya
I'm afraid of being late for visa too! I mean it takes a couple of days to get an appointment from the British Consulate and as far as i know, it takes around 15 work days to get the visa itself which means if i don't apply anytime soon, I'll be deffo. late.

Btw, do you think this 'having 7200 pound in a bank account for at least 28 days' rule effective for Erasmus students too? I'm in touch with the company that will help me get my visa and they said it is but my uni told me otherwise. I'm confused.

I haven't applied for accommodation yet since I don't know when i'll be in Sheffield exactly. I thought it's better to get the visa yet but idk. What about you? Did you apply? And do you know how we'll do the payments?

I went to high school in Mersin but I study in Istanbul. What about you??

I can tell you from my own experiences that it gets pretty difficult to find a room at the end of august/beginning of September. I would strongly advise you to make some sort of arrangement as soon as possible.
Original post by Akkuz
Volleyball team :sexface:

If the female volleyball team players are wearing bikinis, why aren't the male ones just wearing trunks? :sad:
Reply 2247
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
If the female volleyball team players are wearing bikinis, why aren't the male ones just wearing trunks? :sad:

Pervert :unimpressed:

:bunny:
Original post by Akkuz
Pervert :unimpressed:

:bunny:

'Don't care :colondollar:
Any Turkish Christians here? I know it's very rare but I'd thought I'll ask and see :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Salaam..A: Pakistani muslim here.

Just wanted to say: Hi and tell how much I love: Turkey.

Tho, I havent visited yet :frown:

Is this a 'bikini' you ****ing dip****?

Try actually watching the event before commenting. :facepalm2:
I take it there was misunderstanding between beach and regular volleyball here? :holmes:
Original post by S-man10
I take it there was misunderstanding between beach and regular volleyball here? :holmes:

Turkey didn't even enter a team into the 'beach volleyball' olympiads.
Original post by RamocitoMorales

Is this a 'bikini' you ****ing dip****?

Try actually watching the event before commenting. :facepalm2:

That's a photo from a volleyball match, whereas I was talking about beach volleyball, which is a seperate olympic event where women wear bikini-like sportswear such as:

Spoiler

There's no need to resort to offensive langauge.
That's a photo from a volleyball match, whereas I was talking about beach volleyball, which is a seperate olympic event where women wear bikini-like sportswear such as:

Spoiler

There's no need to resort to offensive langauge.

Ignore ramocito tbf. He is a bit mad he doesnt look like that in a bikini
Reply 2256
Bronze in wrestling :party:
One and the only:frown: poorest effort that we have
Original post by mucener
Nice one! I am going to Brookes University too. What r u going to study there?

sorry for late reply, i didnt notice i got quoted! :smile: im going to study law (if i get the grades)! you?
Reply 2259
Original post by imasupercoolgeek
sorry for late reply, i didnt notice i got quoted! :smile: im going to study law (if i get the grades)! you?

I will be studying Business and Management. My offer is unconditional. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending