The Student Room Group

uni choosing help (Music Production)

Hello everyone, I will be applying for music production and got these courses to choose from:
UCLAN - Music Production
Herts - Songwriting and Music Production
Herts - Audio Recording and Production
Colchester - Film Music and Soundtrack Production
Leeds Met - Music Production
Leeds College of Music - Music (Production)
Huddersfield - Music Production and Sound Recording
I need to choose 5 now, maybe someone can comment on these courses/unis? I'm from EU, not UK. I'm mostly aiming for courses not too hard to get in but pretty good overall (if that's possible).
Reply 1
bump!
Reply 2
bumpity! can't anyone help me..? :|
Reply 3
Hey :smile: don't really know much about this. But I've heard that ACM is pretty good.. Here's the link http://www.acm.ac.uk/degree-production/ sorry if this wasnt much help!
Reply 4
Original post by MochaChoca
Hey :smile: don't really know much about this. But I've heard that ACM is pretty good.. Here's the link http://www.acm.ac.uk/degree-production/ sorry if this wasnt much help!

As I see, this one isn't good with all the money stuff, and it's in London, where living cost is higher. I would want a course where overall everything would be good for a student away from home, you know.
Reply 5
It's in my home town, Guildford, in Surrey which is about 40mins away from London x
Reply 6
Original post by MochaChoca
It's in my home town, Guildford, in Surrey which is about 40mins away from London x

Still, since it's a private institution, it cannot lend you enough money to pay for the course, and that's not pleasing me, even if the uni and the course is really good.. I wish I was a millionaire :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by Kozuki
Still, since it's a private institution, it cannot lend you enough money to pay for the course, and that's not pleasing me, even if the uni and the course is really good.. I wish I was a millionaire :biggrin:

Why don't you read the link before jumping to conclusions.
"Student finance is available to EU Degree students."
Hardly any students who go to university are millionaires...
Reply 8
Original post by FinalMH
Why don't you read the link before jumping to conclusions. Hardly any students who go to university are millionaires...

Well, this:
Audio Production Courses
(Music Production, Creative Sound Design, Radio Broadcasting, Tour Production & Management)

Degree £8450 per year

Are loans available for my tuition fees and living costs?
Yes - as a private institution all ACM’s Higher Diploma and Degree courses are designated for financial support which means that ACM students can borrow up to £6000 towards their course fees.
Reply 9
Original post by Kozuki
Well, this:
Audio Production Courses
(Music Production, Creative Sound Design, Radio Broadcasting, Tour Production & Management)

Degree £8450 per year

Are loans available for my tuition fees and living costs?
Yes - as a private institution all ACM’s Higher Diploma and Degree courses are designated for financial support which means that ACM students can borrow up to £6000 towards their course fees.

You don't need to put stuff in bold, I'm more than capable of reading. Okay. However you do understand as you're EU national you will only be able to get tuition fee loan? Unless of course you have lived in the UK for the previous 3 years.

Are loans available for my tuition fees and living costs

Do you also understand that the universities you have mention above will be charging more? :smile: The tuition fees will be paid regardless of the amount by SLC because they are public universities. Remember that the private university is 2 years in comparison to the 3 year course, so would effectively be cheaper than the other universities mentioned.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by FinalMH
You don't need to put stuff in bold, I'm more than capable of reading. Okay. However you do understand as you're EU national you will only be able to get tuition fee loan? Unless of course you have lived in the UK for the previous 3 years.

Do you also understand that the universities you have mention above will be charging more? :smile: The tuition fees will be paid regardless of the amount by SLC because they are public universities. Remember that the private university is 2 years in comparison to the 3 year course, so would effectively be cheaper than the other universities mentioned.

I won't have lived in the UK for 3 years by the time I plan to get there.
Well, yes, the 2 years in private uni would be less costly overall, but I would have to pay up those 2450 pounds each year, and that isn't very comfortable while I still have to have some money for living.

Quick Reply

Latest