The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMagicRat
I sincerely hope the Rams have the majority of support. Surely only Pats fans will want them to win. If you don't support the Pats you hate them, right?

Unless your own team is also in the NFC West, in which case you hate both teams :wink:
Supporting a team from a city instrumental in the revolution against Britain with a name that alludes to America being better, probably for the exact aforementioned reason is not really "almost like representing your country." It's actually kind of the opposite. The real link is that British Pats fans are morons with terrible taste in sports teams and American Pats fans are this guy.

Original post by The Troll Toll
Supporting a team from a city instrumental in the revolution against Britain with a name that alludes to America being better, probably for the exact aforementioned reason is not really "almost like representing your country." It's actually kind of the opposite. The real link is that British Pats fans are morons with terrible taste in sports teams and American Pats fans are this guy.

meh. I support New England because I have a house on the East Coast and they were the first team I ever saw live.
Original post by RedWhiteA

Thanks for the position ideas :smile:
Awesome! Who are you going to be cheering for?

It's ok :P

And you obviously didn't check my username or profile picture :L
Original post by The Patriot
It's ok :P

And you obviously didn't check my username or profile picture :L

Oops! Awkward! haha. That'll teach me to take more notice of people's usernames :wink:

I reckon Pats will win by a big margin. But fun wise I hope it's a close game! You going to the Tailgate thing before the match?
Oops! Awkward! haha. That'll teach me to take more notice of people's usernames :wink:

I reckon Pats will win by a big margin. But fun wise I hope it's a close game! You going to the Tailgate thing before the match?

Nah probably won't to be honest. I'm kind of interested in it, but my uncle \9who's taking me) isn't so we won't go. And yeah, we will crush the rams. We're too good even if they have a marked improvement from the last few years, which is sad seeing as my uncle is a HUGE Rams fan and this is his first time seeing them. I'm hoping we play as good as normal, but the Rams play out of their skin just to keep it interesting and to keep my uncle happy :P
Nah probably won't to be honest. I'm kind of interested in it, but my uncle \9who's taking me) isn't so we won't go. And yeah, we will crush the rams. We're too good even if they have a marked improvement from the last few years, which is sad seeing as my uncle is a HUGE Rams fan and this is his first time seeing them. I'm hoping we play as good as normal, but the Rams play out of their skin just to keep it interesting and to keep my uncle happy :P

Fair enough. It seems really cool. I'll probably go to it! True, I am not convinced with them this year either. I think next year they'll be a lot better. Pats are definitely a class above! Yeah, it'll be interesting for both of you! You both got a jersey?
Fair enough. It seems really cool. I'll probably go to it! True, I am not convinced with them this year either. I think next year they'll be a lot better. Pats are definitely a class above! Yeah, it'll be interesting for both of you! You both got a jersey?

I have a t-shirt with the pats logo on, and a patriots hoody, but I don't like jerseys :L
I have a t-shirt with the pats logo on, and a patriots hoody, but I don't like jerseys :L

I don't like jerseys either. They like pretty ridiculous on people without padding on underneath. I've got a Jags t-shirt but I'd love to get a hoodie.
BUMP FOR THE START OF PRESEASON FOOTBALL!

Bought the GamePass. Can't wait to watch me some football. Gonna stick the Redskins on tomorrow night. Not expecting to see much of RG3, but anything will be good, I suspect. Anyone else going to be watching any particular preseason games this week?
Original post by mobius323
BUMP FOR THE START OF PRESEASON FOOTBALL!

Bought the GamePass. Can't wait to watch me some football. Gonna stick the Redskins on tomorrow night. Not expecting to see much of RG3, but anything will be good, I suspect. Anyone else going to be watching any particular preseason games this week?

Eh preseason bores me... only the guys on the bubble even try to play good football
Anyone watching Hard Knocks?

Anyone going to set up a fantasy league again this year?
I'm not watching hard knocks, because I can't...I'd like to though, but how?
Original post by OxfordGoBrach

Think the only way to watch it is to have a subscription to NFL Network. You can get a subscription to just NFL Network for £29.99, I think. Lasts for a year (until 31st July next year). It's also included in the GamePass, which lets you stream live and recorded games throughout the season. I think I may have seen other Hard Knocks series on YouTube, so the Dolphins one may be uploaded later on in the season.
For the record guys, if anyone is interested in buying the GamePass package that goes into the postseason (for £129.99), it seems as if you can actually get postseason access cheaper if you pay for postseason access seperately. Buy the regular season package for £99.99, then you can buy postseason access for an extra £19.99 once you log in. I'm not sure if that will include all the extra stuff (like extended Coaches Film and whatnot), but you'll get the games just the same, I should think.

Just letting people know - don't like to see anyone be stung out of money.
Original post by OxfordGoBrach

There are other ways of "acquiring" episodes. :wink:
Will be interesting to see how RG3 fairs tonight, expecting to see him play a half at least ?

Peyton for broncos should be eventful also...
Original post by Evan7788
Will be interesting to see how RG3 fairs tonight, expecting to see him play a half at least ?

Peyton for broncos should be eventful also...

I think I read somewhere that Peyton will probably only play a couple of series tonight. Hopefully RG3 will get a good amount of snaps, though suspect Kirk Cousins will get a good amount of snaps as well.
Original post by mobius323
I think I read somewhere that Peyton will probably only play a couple of series tonight. Hopefully RG3 will get a good amount of snaps, though suspect Kirk Cousins will get a good amount of snaps as well.

Yeah just read that a few minutes ago on nfl.com, looking forward to seeing his successor later in the week also.
Original post by Evan7788
Yeah just read that a few minutes ago on nfl.com, looking forward to seeing his successor later in the week also.

Yeah, I'm hoping both Griffin and Luck get some decent gametime, though I suspect that just about every team in the League will be looking for a solid backup QB and they'd rather get that out of the way early. We all know who the starters will be for the Skins and Colts.

Latest