The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6060
Original post by ironandwine
How are you supposed to know whether or not a septum piercing would suit you. Or a bridge piercing. Or a nose piercing on both sides. Safe to say I want something on my nose... :pierre:

Also, looking for any ideas for a second half sleeve - looking at either getting "Moved as mountains, dreamt of by the sea" or "I won't regret it, I won't forget it" (which?? really can't decide, would be happy as larry with either) in scroll writing somewhere in the sleeve (lyrics from my absolute favourite band ever that completely shaped me as a person) but clueless as to what design to get with it. Wanna keep it neo-traditional like, as I have a gypsy lady with some roses and a scroll quote on my other upper arm.

If you already have piercings then you can use a BCR without the ball - you might need to open it up slightly with pliers though.

Or if you're good at photoshop you could try editing a picture of yourself or ask a friend/someone on a TSR/someone on a body jewellery forum to do it for you.
My rook jewellery fell out, and I'm working away from home and didn't bring a spare, I keep going to play with it and feeling so naked. Hopefully it'll be ok until I get home on Monday, I've had it pierced for about 3 years.
Also took my bellybutton out because it has been irritated since the day I got it and it was developing some huge hypertrophic scarring. It's been out literally two days and the big bump is almost gone.
Had such issues, took all my piercings out for CT scan today, couldn't get nose piercing back in (even though it was only an hour later), had to get to piercing/tattoo place and get them to replace it, SO much pain!
Really struggling to find a septum ring that isnt too big or too small :colonhash:
I really want to get my conch pierced but I can't due to work :frown: I might just go and get another tattoo instead :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Got my conch done :woo:

Didn't even hurt that bad...feels like crap now though ha!

pic?

How does one cover up a daith piercing? And my hair need to be tied back so don't say with your hair. It's only been 3 weeks so still healing so I shouldn't take it out but if it comes to it, I will. Not entirely sure how though. Also does anyone else get loads of earwax building up on their ring?
Original post by Lantana
pic?

21c6z4k.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality (and my elf ear :s-smilie:) haha!
I got my first tattoo, a Joker-style pinup girl on my left thigh, it's so so good, I recommend everyone look up Paul Naylor he's insanely talented
Piiiiiiiics
This has to be the coolest scar ever.

Spoiler

It matches my sig and everything... :daydreaming:
Original post by Lantana
pic?

How does one cover up a daith piercing? And my hair need to be tied back so don't say with your hair. It's only been 3 weeks so still healing so I shouldn't take it out but if it comes to it, I will. Not entirely sure how though. Also does anyone else get loads of earwax building up on their ring?

Depending on the length of your hair, you could fasten it up in a low loose ponytail and it could still cover your ears :smile:
Original post by Mega Nerd
Depending on the length of your hair, you could fasten it up in a low loose ponytail and it could still cover your ears :smile:

But then I look silly. Anyhow I'm going to the piercing shop tmrw to get them to change it into a barbell which I'll be able to unscrew myself and put back in as I managed to get the ball out but not the ring today :frown: And then I'll have to go back to have the ring back in but I want a rook put in on the other side anyhow :tongue:
Original post by Lantana
But then I look silly. Anyhow I'm going to the piercing shop tmrw to get them to change it into a barbell which I'll be able to unscrew myself and put back in as I managed to get the ball out but not the ring today :frown: And then I'll have to go back to have the ring back in but I want a rook put in on the other side anyhow :tongue:

If it's that new I wouldn't be messing around with it at all! Why do you need to cover it up? Also you shouldn't have had it pierced with a ring in the first place (it will heal round) so putting a barbell in is going to be harder.
Original post by Trigger
If it's that new I wouldn't be messing around with it at all! Why do you need to cover it up? Also you shouldn't have had it pierced with a ring in the first place (it will heal round) so putting a barbell in is going to be harder.

I know, I know *hangs head in shame* I didn't think I would have to take it out for 6 months when I got it. Because I have to 'look professional' for an exam which apparently means only one set of earlobe piercings and if someone notices it, I could fail it. Normally I'd take the risk of it being noticed/ being told off but this is my 2nd go and I'm not failing because of that. Oops, my bad, I meant bananabell which are curved :tongue: although am wondering if I could get away with putting a clear retainer in.
Just caught my nipple piercing on the bathroom door.

ASDKJHAKSJFDHASKJDHALKJHSDLKAJHSDAS *curls into a ball*
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];38975802']Just caught my nipple piercing on the bathroom door.

:eek: How did you catch it on the door?!
Original post by syrettd
:eek: How did you catch it on the door?!

By having rubbish depth perception and being generally clumsy >_<

The door was half open, so I tried to sort of walk round the door without opening it further, but got far too close.
Original post by Lantana
I know, I know *hangs head in shame* I didn't think I would have to take it out for 6 months when I got it. Because I have to 'look professional' for an exam which apparently means only one set of earlobe piercings and if someone notices it, I could fail it. Normally I'd take the risk of it being noticed/ being told off but this is my 2nd go and I'm not failing because of that. Oops, my bad, I meant bananabell which are curved :tongue: although am wondering if I could get away with putting a clear retainer in.

Ah! Sorry I had my bossy boots head on :colondollar: well the only thing i can suggest is going back to your piercer like you said though they shouldn't be piercing with rings :nn: otherwise the hair over your ears look is dorky but if it is for the sake of passing an exam you should consider it :smile:

Good luck!
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];38975802']Just caught my nipple piercing on the bathroom door.

Aiiiieeee!!

Original post by Trigger
Ah! Sorry I had my bossy boots head on :colondollar: well the only thing i can suggest is going back to your piercer like you said though they shouldn't be piercing with rings :nn: otherwise the hair over your ears look is dorky but if it is for the sake of passing an exam you should consider it :smile:

Good luck!

Went back to him who said my ring needed taking out anyhow cos of the hypertrophic bumps on it and that I'll either have to baby it for 6 months or let it heal over - surely that might end up with me having an non draining abscess???. So I've managed to put a bananabell in it myself although is v. fiddly and it feels SO less sore - probably from less movement. He didn't want to do it as it might heal over the top but seeming as I'm soaking it daily I doubt that it could try w/o me noticing!

Learnt my lessons though
- don't get pierced with a ring because it's really hard to take them out yourself and they move too much
- I'm not entirely sure I want to go back there again either but there are several other places - they just have more awkward opening times
- Being fairly atopic and cartilage piercings mean they aren't going to be easy to heal - I'm going to see if just having the bananabell does the trick or whether I need to put some bioflex in instead :dontknow:
I wouldnt be suprised if they were caused by the ring tbh.

Quick Reply