The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by r4ndom
I was about to say Slam Dunk xD But it has nothing to do with Blood+ and I don't remember the op/en :rolleyes:

But when I read "character development" I thought of Hanamichi :smile:

Original post by caraniel
I'll just chuck some general recs out since I can't actually remember any of the music from Blood+

Shiki
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
Code Geass
Macross Frontier
Gunslinger Girl
Phantom~Requiem for Phantom~
Durarara!!
Black Lagoon
Claymore
Darker than BLACK
Fate/Zero
Tiger & Bunny

Thanks. :smile:
Seen most of the suggestions but Claymore and it's the closest to Blood+ anyway so I'll go with that.

You wouldn't happen to know any other good series like the bolded ones? Can't get enough of stylish assasin themed animes. :colondollar:
Reply 3681
Original post by confuzzled92
You wouldn't happen to know any other good series like the bolded ones? Can't get enough of stylish assasin themed animes. :colondollar:

Off-hand I can think of Gunslinger Girl (which is, despite its breezy-sounding title, rather downbeat), and of two titles similar to each other, Madlax and Noir (I'm not a fan of either but that might just be me).

There's also the various Golgo 13 anime, but I'm not sure they're really recommendable. If you're interested though, Jason Thompson's description of the Golgo 13 manga is a good read.
You wouldn't happen to know any other good series like the bolded ones? Can't get enough of stylish assasin themed anime. :colondollar:

As well as those suggested by QHF, Canaan springs to mind. :yes:
Reply 3683
Thanks. :smile:
Seen most of the suggestions but Claymore and it's the closest to Blood+ anyway so I'll go with that.

Agree with QHF & AJ's suggestion (Noir would be the best suggestion really). Would also fire out Black Cat, Gungrave & Michiko to Hatchin.
Original post by QHF
Off-hand I can think of Gunslinger Girl (which is, despite its breezy-sounding title, rather downbeat), and of two titles similar to each other, Madlax and Noir (I'm not a fan of either but that might just be me).
There's also the various Golgo 13 anime, but I'm not sure they're really recommendable. If you're interested though, Jason Thompson's description of the Golgo 13 manga is a good read.

Original post by AngryJellyfish
As well as those suggested by QHF, Canaan springs to mind. :yes:

Original post by caraniel
Agree with QHF & AJ's suggestion (Noir would be the best suggestion really). Would also fire out Black Cat, Gungrave & Michiko to Hatchin.

I really liked Noir. :yep: Thanks for all the suggestions, some of these I've been meaning to see but I keep putting off for no apparent reason. :tongue:
Reply 3686

Madoka really honed my hating-on-SHAFT skills, so I expect to enjoy watching people watching this.
Reply 3687
Caught up on Sword Art Online, been putting off the LNs for a bit. Good to see they've introduced things about PKing guilds and stuff, it's one of the more interesting parts of the LNs that I've read.

Also, the closest thing to ufotable Fate/Stay.

(edited 11 years ago)
choji going super butterfly saiyan :awesome:

secret calorie control technique dafuq :rofl2:
Reply 3689
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'm only watching four of the series you've posted about there, but I agree with you on Binbougami ga! I found the first episode by far the best introductory episode of the season, and the second (while less funny) also topped my weekly rankings. But since then, it seems to have lost its energy, and eps 3-5 haven't been anywhere near as good. :s:

That's not encouraging. I will allow another episode to determine whether I will continue this weekly or not.

Eureka Seven AO is currently top of my rankings on average, consistently placing in my top four both this season and last season (against arguably tougher competition). A shame that it's taking a two week hiatus because of the Olympics, though...

Although the Olympics is a worthy substitute. :yes: :tongue: I'm aiming to catch up with this one.

My opinions of Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita and Kokoro Connect are quickly rising - I seem to finally 'get' the dark, abstract sense of humour of the former, while the latter's more recent episodes have definitely made it stand out from the usual high school club comedies that it could have easily been mistaken for early on. :yes:

Exactly, I agree. :smile:

Will relay my thoughts again during this weekend at some point. :smile:
Read all of Hunter x Hunter in about 3 days this week. I have enjoyed it, however there were a few negative points. For instance the quality of drawing drastically goes down at points, and before you say it I know the mangaka is ill however if I were him I would have put my pride aside and get someone to help draw rather than let it affect my work. Also, after so much build up the Greed Island arc was very lackluster. Nonetheless, the ant-men arc was really good (apart from one or two loose ends).
Soul Hunter has quickly grown on me, despite my negative comments about the early episodes. There was a lot going on at once, with only rushed and basic introductions to the characters and setting, so I felt completely lost at the start. It doesn't help that the protagonist is rather boring, either. :s: However, the villains, the other characters who've joined the protagonist's 'party' as the series has progressed, and virtually everyone else is great, as is the plot now that I know what's going on. :p:
gave me a good cooking lesson that latest ep of space bros :yum: nice ep :h:

yay finally they show akarin's sis in yuru yuri :awesome: pretty cute ep :h: series has been fairly good so far but its lacking those epicly cute moments they had in the first season :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3693
Finished Getter Robo Armageddon. It was insane in all the right ways.

[video="youtube;MoNmzoP3CF8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoNmzoP3CF8[/video]

It's been a while since I saw anything quite so wildly apocalyptic. Also much of it was beautifully animated.
Reply 3694
I'll just leave this here.

Original post by eugenius 8
choji going super butterfly saiyan :awesome:

secret calorie control technique dafuq :rofl2:

I need to get me one of those^ :colone:

Original post by Carecup
I'll just leave this here.

WHERE IS THIS FROM? :O

I'm on a Lagann hype at the minute. I've sort of given up on One Piece for now seeing as I've got 350 episodes to watch in exactly one month.
Original post by AaronM1D1
I need to get me one of those^ :colone:

WHERE IS THIS FROM? :O

:teeth:

its Akarinnnnnnnnnnn :awesome: from the 2nd season of Yuru Yuri :yep:
aww finished Sankarea :h: that was a bit of a cliffhanger, fingers crossed second season!
Original post by eugenius 8
:teeth:

its Akarinnnnnnnnnnn :awesome: from the 2nd season of Yuru Yuri :yep:

Thank you kindly. *Adds to MAL* :3

Latest