The Student Room Group

Student Loan Payment Dates 2012/2013

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the rough date we are expected to get the first installment of our maintenance loan in 2012? I thought it was around September time but after googling it I am now panicking it won't come until November! :'(
xx
A day after your course starts, I'm sure. They just need to see you have attended then they pay.
Reply 2
Ahh okay so end of September for me. Thanks xx
Reply 3
It should say on your letter from Directgov it would be a letter with around 5 pieces of paper each with details of your maintenance loan, maintenance grant (if your receiving) and what will be given directly to your uni/ HE college. Mine says i will be receiving the payments on the 17th September 2012, 7th January 2013 and some time in April 2013.Both the loan and grant will be paid in on the same day as each other, it does however say that it will not be paid in for around 3-4 after they have received confirmation of your attendance. So you should expect it to be in by the 20th September at the latest (for my particular date).
Hope this helped. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I had a text from student finance saying my loan will get paid tomorrow :s-smilie:, I highly doubt it since my course starts in October.
Reply 5
I have a quetion about the dates, too. I got the letter on which I was told when I will be payed the tution fee loan. Was the tuition fee grant information supposed to be on the same letter or do they send another letter or do they not state it anywhere.
If you have goten your letter(s), what did it say?
Its all on the Student Finance letters, you don't get paid the tuition loan, it goes direct to the University in November and April
Reply 7
Original post by Elevant
I have a quetion about the dates, too. I got the letter on which I was told when I will be payed the tution fee loan. Was the tuition fee grant information supposed to be on the same letter or do they send another letter or do they not state it anywhere.
If you have goten your letter(s), what did it say?

Hi, i'm not sure about this but i don't think there is such a thing as tuition fee grant, however i do know about the tuition fee loan (paid directly to the uni/HE college chosen), maintenance loan and maintenance grant which both get paid directly to you each in 3 installments on the same respective days. I.e. first maintenance loan payment will get paid at the same time as the first maintenance grant payment. The maintenance grant is only for people who have a parental income of less than a certain amount (not sure on the amount).
Reply 8
Original post by buddhaben93
Hi, i'm not sure about this but i don't think there is such a thing as tuition fee grant, however i do know about the tuition fee loan (paid directly to the uni/HE college chosen), maintenance loan and maintenance grant which both get paid directly to you each in 3 installments on the same respective days. I.e. first maintenance loan payment will get paid at the same time as the first maintenance grant payment. The maintenance grant is only for people who have a parental income of less than a certain amount (not sure on the amount).

No, there defenetly is a tuition fee grant :wink:. I was just wondering (read: worried) wether the grant payment information wa ssupposed to be on the same letter with the loan information.
Reply 9
Original post by Elevant
No, there defenetly is a tuition fee grant :wink:. I was just wondering (read: worried) wether the grant payment information wa ssupposed to be on the same letter with the loan information.

Oh ok; well i have no idea then, good luck with your ongoing search to find out. :smile:
Original post by Elevant

The tuition fee grant only exists in Wales, not elsewhere so he was partly right.
Original post by jelly1000
The tuition fee grant only exists in Wales, not elsewhere so he was partly right.

Ahh; didn't even realize wales was much different to here but i suppose you only know stuff relevant to yourself. :smile:
Ahh; didn't even realize wales was much different to here but i suppose you only know stuff relevant to yourself. :smile:

Yeah if I'm right, I believe what the poster was referring to is the grant Welsh governments will be paying English and Welsh universities to make up the difference between the old and new fees (so around £6000) because the Welsh government wants Welsh students to only pay the old fees.
Original post by jelly1000
Yeah if I'm right, I believe what the poster was referring to is the grant Welsh governments will be paying English and Welsh universities to make up the difference between the old and new fees (so around £6000) because the Welsh government wants Welsh students to only pay the old fees.

Lucky for the welsh then hey, too bad our government doesn't feel the same way. :smile:
Reply 14
I've been having the same worries.
I got the letter from the student loans company, and they've said my first tuition fee loan installment will be in October, but my university asks for payments by 24th September! The payment goes straight to the uni so it's not like I can just pay myself then get reimbursed by the loan. Bit confused as to what to do from here...
Original post by LLB2012
I've been having the same worries.
I got the letter from the student loans company, and they've said my first tuition fee loan installment will be in October, but my university asks for payments by 24th September! The payment goes straight to the uni so it's not like I can just pay myself then get reimbursed by the loan. Bit confused as to what to do from here...

Hi, honestly i think the best things to do is to ring/email the loan company directly and state your worries and see what they say. :smile:

The Welsh Government rock :wink: could't believe that they would be doing this for Welsh students even though it don't effect me, its still awesome!

Quick Reply