The Student Room Group

AS results: AACC - Will I get in to any uni's?

I've got a surprisingly bad results which are AACC
and I'm scared when I apply for universities in sept/oct,I wouldn't get into any.
For one of the C graded subject, I was tiny marks away from a B.
I was aiming to appy for AAB universities, and now that I don't have them AAB I'm terrified that I cannot apply for any.
Help?

Scroll to see replies

how many marks away from a B? if its 1/2/3 you could try getting it remarked
Reply 2
I know someone who got AAAB, where that B was close off an A. Then, he ended up getting an A at the end of A2. You can still apply to AAB Uni's, depending on your predictions as well. Drop the other subject which you got a C in. It's still possible to bring that C up (easily as you've only done 50%).
I know someone else who got a B in AS Physics (and close off an A) but got an offer from Imperial.
Reply 3
What? As long as you get an AAB prediction from your teachers, you'll be fine.
Reply 4
These threads annoy me!
To me, those are fantastic results, not 'bad' - I had AS results of CDD and applied to unis asking for AAB-ABB and got all offers
You will be fine provided your PS and predictions from teachers are fine
Original post by june4275
and I'm scared when I apply for universities in sept/oct,I wouldn't get into any.
I was aiming to appy for AAB universities, and now that I don't have them AAB I'm terrified that I cannot apply for any.
Help?

Of course you can, don't be so ungrateful; you could have done a lot worse. Get the C remarked or resit it and drop the other C at A2. Why ever would you think you won't get into uni? They don't just look at your application and go 'they didn't get AAB at AS so let's not even bother looking at them'.

Get your teacher to predict you a B in the C subject you're carrying on and resit the exam you did badly in and you can apply to any AAB course.
Help?

No. You may no longer go to uni with AS grades which are well above average.
Reply 7
Oh no, you can wave university goodbye with those awful grades! Jeez.
Reply 8
They are good grades! Medium-good. If you remark, you can get AABC which are pretty good!
Reply 9
Original post by Sockhead
These threads annoy me!
To me, those are fantastic results, not 'bad' - I had AS results of CDD and applied to unis asking for AAB-ABB and got all offers
You will be fine provided your PS and predictions from teachers are fine

This!
Reply 10
Thank you so much for your help people. I am planning to re sit my C exam in January, but even if I get strong A after, there is no point as I would've finished my uni applications process? Or should I call them back after I get my better results?
Reply 11
Your results are TERRIBLE. No universities would even consider you, obviously. :rolleyes:
Thank you so much for your help people. I am planning to re sit my C exam in January, but even if I get strong A after, there is no point as I would've finished my uni applications process? Or should I call them back after I get my better results?

Your teacher will predict you a B grade on your application which counts for more than AS grades. Redo this exam in January and you don't need to update the uni; they'll find out in August on A2 results day if you got a better grade overall and what your A2 grades are.
Reply 13
They are fine, unless you want to go to Oxford or Cambridge as they tend to only accept students with 90% or above points or however it works...
I got ABCC (later remarked C went to B) but applied to Russell group universities, Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle, Birmingham, and they all offered me a place.

Everyone tends to do more badly at AS than expected, you still have 2 more opportunities to resit and bring the grades up, and bad AS grades are not an indication of how well you are going to do overall, I ended up with 3 A*.

Those grades are really good, so don't worry about it.:smile:
Reply 14
Help?

I'd be very proud of those results if I was you.
Are you having a bubble? What kind of world do you live in??
If they're bad grades.... Does that mean I should get ready begin my life long career in Poundland with my A C D result??????

:rolleyes:
Reply 17
You realise a C is the "average" grade, right? Therefore making you average for two and well above average for another two. Meaning overall, you have better than average grades. What subjects though may i ask? What course do you want to study? If you just want to get uni, you probably could get on on or two very mediocre courses with JUST those AS results already. Ideally, drop one of the C subjects, keep the other one and work hard at it. You could easily get AAA.
If it helps, I got AABD at AS and got offers from one AAA uni and three AAB unis. Southampton, Nottingham, Birmingham and Warwick if you're interested by which ones. Having said all this, I only got ABB at A2 and I've ended up at Leicester which is still a good university (ranked top 20 in most league tables).
Reply 19
Original post by arose1234
They are fine, unless you want to go to Oxford or Cambridge as they tend to only accept students with 90% or above points or however it works...
I got ABCC (later remarked C went to B) but applied to Russell group universities, Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle, Birmingham, and they all offered me a place.

Everyone tends to do more badly at AS than expected, you still have 2 more opportunities to resit and bring the grades up, and bad AS grades are not an indication of how well you are going to do overall, I ended up with 3 A*.

Those grades are really good, so don't worry about it.:smile:

Did you have to do retakes?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest