The Student Room Group

Can I still get good offers for Uni?

I guess I'll be another person to add to the list of underachieving :frown:

Here are my results (at AS):

Maths - A (1 UMS off and A*, if it makes a difference)

Physics - C (ISA let me down, planning to retake that which will secure a B and if it goes well even an A)

Economics - D (don't know what do to about that)

By the way, the reason I have 3 results is because I’m doing double maths.

So I am planning on retaking a couple of stuff, but what I was concerned about was the UCAS application. Can I still apply to, say AAA Unis and get an offer, considering retakes, or is that out of the question? And what would you suggest I do?

Also, what should I do about the Economics? I don’t want a D on print but I got pretty low on both modules (66/100 Unit 1 45/100 Unit 2) so would it even be worth me retaking 1 unit? Or both? And would it be worth considering taking a gap year and getting some better grades?

Thanks so much for any help received, I feel like I’ve let people down yesterday :/
Reply 1
Original post by Anythingoo1
I guess I'll be another person to add to the list of underachieving :frown:

Here are my results (at AS):

Maths - A (1 UMS off and A*, if it makes a difference)

Physics - C (ISA let me down, planning to retake that which will secure a B and if it goes well even an A)

Economics - D (don't know what do to about that)

By the way, the reason I have 3 results is because I’m doing double maths.

So I am planning on retaking a couple of stuff, but what I was concerned about was the UCAS application. Can I still apply to, say AAA Unis and get an offer, considering retakes, or is that out of the question? And what would you suggest I do?

Also, what should I do about the Economics? I don’t want a D on print but I got pretty low on both modules (66/100 Unit 1 45/100 Unit 2) so would it even be worth me retaking 1 unit? Or both? And would it be worth considering taking a gap year and getting some better grades?

Thanks so much for any help received, I feel like I’ve let people down yesterday :/

Hi!
I am in a similar position but I'd recommend to retake, especially if your teacher know how you work and know you're capable of achieving A's, I'd definitely retake Economics (both modules in jan) but it means there's a lot more work to do, if you're determined though, there's no way you can't achieve A's because most of the time you get what you put in! (:
I have three grades from yesterday 2/3 are appalling so I'm retaking the modules I performed badly in and hoping the teachers predict me reasonably! Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by eawilliams
Hi!
I am in a similar position but I'd recommend to retake, especially if your teacher know how you work and know you're capable of achieving A's, I'd definitely retake Economics (both modules in jan) but it means there's a lot more work to do, if you're determined though, there's no way you can't achieve A's because most of the time you get what you put in! (:
I have three grades from yesterday 2/3 are appalling so I'm retaking the modules I performed badly in and hoping the teachers predict me reasonably! Good luck

Ok thanks alot dude, I'm sorry to hear about your situation too :/
Reply 3
Original post by Anythingoo1
Ok thanks alot dude, I'm sorry to hear about your situation too :/

It's fine, I really feel like our year got screwed over because I was on target to get one A and two B's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending