The Student Room Group

I drew a picture of a pug on an ipad

never used an ipad for drawing before so decided to have a crack, its full of errors but hey!

opinions?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It looks like it's been stabbed in the eye.
Reply 2
Original post by Podcaster
It looks like it's been stabbed in the eye.

In the original photo (which I can't find) it's all just blacked out because of the lighting, maybe I should have taken some artistic license and included it....does it look really weird?

I'll try find the original
Reply 3
Original post by metric
x

:lol: That's amazing! How long did it take you and how exactly did you do it? :awesome:
Reply 4
Original post by Arva
:lol: That's amazing! How long did it take you and how exactly did you do it? :awesome:

Thank you!! It took me about a day in total. I had an original picture and not gonna lie but I cheated and traced the outline but once I had my rough pencil outline I just started blending colours and filling it all in :P

Oh and I used the app Procreate - it's really good!
It's really good. Impressive that it was created on an ipad too, but that eye is just kinda freaky to be honest.
It's got me thinking of the terminator :-/

terminator.eye_.jpg
Reply 6
Original post by johndoranglasgow
It's really good. Impressive that it was created on an ipad too, but that eye is just kinda freaky to be honest.
It's got me thinking of the terminator :-/

terminator.eye_.jpg

Thanks and haha I see the comparison....

I didn't realise it was that noticeable really, I'll have a look into reworking it tomorrow, I'm too sleepy now
Reply 7
Original post by metric
Thank you!! It took me about a day in total. I had an original picture and not gonna lie but I cheated and traced the outline but once I had my rough pencil outline I just started blending colours and filling it all in :P

Oh and I used the app Procreate - it's really good!

Definitely a good way to spend a day :wink: I really like it actually :tongue:

I'll check that app out at some point if it can actually make images like that. Thanks for making my (early) morning :lol:
Did you forget to draw the other eyeball? It looks like it has an eye infection. It's still nice though :biggrin:
Modest much? You made it seem as though a blind 2 year old could draw better than you.
Reply 10
The reason for the eye was because in the original it was all a bit darker and the other one was in the shadow.

I've added another eye though just by guessing as I like to normally look at a photo but i think it looks okay!

I draw but not on an ipad. I'll inbox you my work.
Reply 12
No wayyy don't quit you definitely have talent :smile: Thanks!

Original post by Arva
Definitely a good way to spend a day :wink: I really like it actually :tongue:

I'll check that app out at some point if it can actually make images like that. Thanks for making my (early) morning :lol:

Yeah I thought so! I was going to go to the gym and ended up sitting there being creative haha oops but I enjoyed it. And yeah it's really easy to use, might take about 20 minutes to play around with and get to know it but once you have worked it out then you are off and away! (Beware it's addictive....)

Original post by Iamyourfather
Did you forget to draw the other eyeball? It looks like it has an eye infection. It's still nice though :biggrin:

I've changed it now :smile:

Original post by Raheem786
I thought you drew some Indian headgear :laughs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Is that the bow thing?
Dear god, put it out of its misery! :rofl:
Great drawing though!
Reply 14
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
Dear god, put it out of its misery! :rofl:
Great drawing though!

haha miserable pug, thanks!
That app procreate is amazing and for only £2.99 who needs a wacom and photoshop? What are the file types you can save as, does it work in layers? Also do iPads work as tablets with photoshop?
Reply 16
Original post by Ned's Bastard
That app procreate is amazing and for only £2.99 who needs a wacom and photoshop? What are the file types you can save as, does it work in layers? Also do iPads work as tablets with photoshop?

Yeh I found it much easier to work with than a graphics tablet and yup it works with layers, not sure which file type I have mine as a jpeg and png. I think you can get photoshop on them but it's expensive
wow! I love it !
Reply 18
Reply 19
i don't know what to draw next, any ideas?

Quick Reply

Latest