The Student Room Group

AS results of ABCU ;(

I got my AS results yesterday of ABCU.. Do you think I should Resit my U (French) or just swap it with another subject? Even though I'm applying for a language course in University?:confused:
What language course is it?
Reply 2
Why apply for a language course if you got a U in french? I would pick a new subject and rethink what you want to do for university.
Reply 3
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
What language course is it?

It's Japanese in SOAS. The entry requirements only said that it's preferable if I have a foreign language at Alevel or equivalent. but I'm already fluent at another foreign language even though I didn't study it in A Level.
Reply 4
Original post by aliman65
Why apply for a language course if you got a U in french? I would pick a new subject and rethink what you want to do for university.

I didn't really think I would get a U in it really.
Completely rethink your life. Getting a U in a language, then wanting to do a language at university is worse than doing that with any other subject (other than art I guess)
Reply 6
Original post by Mkhaii
I got my AS results yesterday of ABCU.. Do you think I should Resit my U (French) or just swap it with another subject? Even though I'm applying for a language course in University?:confused:

Personally, I'd drop French and concentrate on getting the other 3 subjects up to scratch (SOAS website asks for AAB?). I think that will affect your chances of entry far more than AS French.
Reply 7
Original post by AmyJ
Personally, I'd drop French and concentrate on getting the other 3 subjects up to scratch (SOAS website asks for AAB?). I think that will affect your chances of entry far more than AS French.

Thanks. I think I'll just do that.
Original post by Mkhaii

I know this was 2 years ago but did you manage to get into university with only 3 a level passes cause I got abcu too

Quick Reply

Latest